You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.18 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Dm or supremacy poll!!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Dm or supremacy poll!!
redstarz1
Mortal
posted 14 November 2002 10:58 PM EDT (US)         
I just thought of this because I wanna know what most people play , Im sick of going to the advaced setup and seeing most people playing supremacy. why would you wanna play supremacy , its so boring when you have to look and kill animals and stuff and to me it doesnt involve more strategy like people say it does because people eventually catch on and start to kinda have the same build order anyways . I dunno it just makes me mad and I had to let it out. I play dm by the way.
AuthorReplies:
Zytos
Mortal
posted 14 November 2002 11:12 PM EDT (US)     1 / 18       
When I first bought Age of Empires, back in the day, I used to play DM too.

Why?

Because I sucked.

You too will evolve, and learn how much of a better game it is with normal resources.

Don't worry, it will come naturally.

Do not fight it

Mr_Floppy4
Mortal
posted 14 November 2002 11:26 PM EDT (US)     2 / 18       
I hated RM in AoK/TC. In AoK it was all about who got the first castle and the first knight, in TC it was who could get archers the fastest, now it involves spontaneous strategy. It has just the right pace and age advancing isn't everything.

In AoK/TC DM I loved the quick action (which is now in AoM RM) and the strategy with large bases and vast armys. Now with settlements and now flat terrain map it DM just isn't fun anymore. There is no strategy, just be Loki and kick **$. And you can't make large bases anymore because buldings are so weak. Maybe if they gave us an arabia/hills (for those vets ) type map and full pop at start we may have something, until then I am sticking with RM. They should make seperate stats for DM.

Mr_Floppy4

nidhogg13
Banned
posted 15 November 2002 00:02 AM EDT (US)     3 / 18       
Conquest
Pure
Mortal
posted 15 November 2002 00:50 AM EDT (US)     4 / 18       
Conquest is the best
redstarz1
Mortal
posted 15 November 2002 03:06 AM EDT (US)     5 / 18       
na , believe me I dont suck , I could play supremacy just as well as dm . I just dont like having to play for about an hour. Thats why I choose dm. 20 min is the most I want to play per game. I havent tried conquest yet though maybe ill give it a try soon and see if i like it.
Grampa_Geezer
Mortal
posted 15 November 2002 04:32 PM EDT (US)     6 / 18       
I play ONLY random map skirmish. I won't play online. Why? Well take a look at all the whiners on these boards. People complain about everything. If I don't deal with people, I don't have to listen to whiners. Also, take a look at how many people think winning this game is somehow meaningful. People will do anything to win, and I'm sure that some people will even go so far to play unrealistically. That ain't fun!

I come to play for entertainment and relaxation. I don't come to stress about ranking, or score, or winning. I come to have a good time.

So far, all I've played is supremacy. I'll probably get around to Conquest and for this game, I'm probably play the campaigns. But m'thinks I'll probably spend most of my time playing supremacy. It just suits me. If anyone thinks this is woosy or whatever, it don't any difference to me.

HE WHO HAS THE MOST FUN WINS! It ain't about score. It ain't moving up the ladder. This is about enjoying yourself, and whatever works for you is the best way to play.

Evil Dragon
Mortal
posted 15 November 2002 05:02 PM EDT (US)     7 / 18       
I play DM. I suck. WooHoo! *Does a jig*

For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works,
which God prepared in advance for us to do. -Ephesians 2:10
Past member of the orginal "Off-Topic Trio"!
Proud owner of an AoM alpha VIP!
Drummers Rock!

FPH | AoM Fropco
kamrantu
Mortal
posted 15 November 2002 05:09 PM EDT (US)     8 / 18       
All you DM people oughta try out Lightning mode... just try it out.

Who says Supremacy games last 1 hour? Go check the stats and you will see they last no longer then DM games.

DarkKnight_
Mortal
(id: PW_DarkKnight)
posted 15 November 2002 05:23 PM EDT (US)     9 / 18       
If you check the summary stats, the average Supremacy game lasts about 15 minutes. (which is what most of my games last)

DM takes longer.

DK

[This message has been edited by PW_DarkKnight (edited 11-15-2002 @ 05:25 PM).]

Baron Bobo
Mortal
posted 15 November 2002 05:44 PM EDT (US)     10 / 18       
Supremacy easily rocks both conquest and DM. Conquest is dumb, because how much have you seen someone win with a wonder? I've only seen a wonder built once.

Creator of the dumb pot debate!!!
Whatever floats your boat or deodorizes your armpit I say.
Maximus_
Mortal
posted 15 November 2002 06:09 PM EDT (US)     11 / 18       
I played DM in AOK:TC, some RM

In AOM I play Supermacy, why?

Because nobody is playing conquest on the quick match games, only (mostly) playing supermacy.

I would play conquest, damn wonders, if more people played it.

BTW Granpa, I would suggest you try mutiplayer.

It adds a whole new demenison to the game, trust me. It's usually 1/10 people I play are stinkers, and heck, if they bug ya don't listen to them. You don't need to stress about rakings, and hell if your coming for a good time, you wouldent worry about winning

•\\ Maximus //
0=]============[=0
Amazing Persón Extróidinare
Msn/Email:Mrnobody010@hotmail.com
.°*˜Phantom Warriors˜*°.
˜*°.°*˜˜*°.°*˜
eyates
Mortal
posted 15 November 2002 06:31 PM EDT (US)     12 / 18       
LONG LIVE DM
i sux at supremecy and i'm average at DM so i might as well play wat i am sorta good at while i'm learning the game.

ESO NAME: YourMaster
InsaneCow
Mortal
posted 15 November 2002 07:30 PM EDT (US)     13 / 18       
I suck at everything () but I like Supremacy the most. Personally I enjoy it more, probably for slightly less hectic pace (but the intensity certainly is still there).

I have held my own in DM though (just ask PW or TPG). I like Loki for DM b/c of free myth units with hersirs and Norse infantry builders. But DM takes out a lot of the economic bonuses, and that severely screws with the balance of the game.

So RM = more balanced and slightly more relaxed for me. I did enjoy the one game of lightning I played in the alpha though. I should probably try it again sometime soon.

DarkKnight_
Mortal
(id: PW_DarkKnight)
posted 15 November 2002 07:39 PM EDT (US)     14 / 18       
InsaneCow...you held up exceptionally well...

DK
Blotter
Mortal
posted 15 November 2002 07:45 PM EDT (US)     15 / 18       
Supremacy. Probably the biggest advantage it has over Conquest is that if you encounter someone who likes to hide to the very end, you can just capture all settlements and win. Or build a wonder. It's really a shame that we almost never see them, because they are so, well, wondrous!
Cen_X
Mortal
posted 15 November 2002 07:56 PM EDT (US)     16 / 18       
dm is so much better. Rm is slow, boring. All you do is farm and cut trees. Theres no fighting. I love armies and fighting and dm gives all that. Rm sucks so much. You barely fight. All you do is farm.
BlumenKohl
Mortal
posted 15 November 2002 08:03 PM EDT (US)     17 / 18       
S^UPR3M4CY SIT LIKZ 50 TYMZ B3††3R C4U$E SI YUO C4N PL4Y L0NGER!!!!!!!!!`11111 Aom SI LYKE SH0RT BU† S%UPR3M4CY SIT LYKES 50 TYMZ B3††3R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111

~tEH L33T HAX0R TAKER-OVERER OF bLUmENZK0LH!!!!!!!!!!!!1111 (my god I'm scaring myself)

The Genetically Enhanced Cauliflower
Do you know the difference between education and experience? Education is when you read the fine print; experience is what you get when you don't.
Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window.
Click Here to visit my website.

Maximus_
Mortal
posted 15 November 2002 08:10 PM EDT (US)     18 / 18       
I thout the fourm rules said you had to speak in english

•\\ Maximus //
0=]============[=0
Amazing Persón Extróidinare
Msn/Email:Mrnobody010@hotmail.com
.°*˜Phantom Warriors˜*°.
˜*°.°*˜˜*°.°*˜
You must be logged in to post messages.