You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.52 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » RA Gets Nerfed in Next Patch
Bottom
Topic Subject:RA Gets Nerfed in Next Patch
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Parthianfury
Mortal
posted 19 December 2002 07:37 PM EDT (US)         
I was talking to GX_Iron along with a bunch of other guys on ESO when he stated "RA will get Tweaked down or Nerfed because of fast heroic in next patch" I figured coming from iron , its carries some weight, i guess we'll have to wait see.
AuthorReplies:
new_gun_Sliver
Mortal
posted 20 December 2002 03:07 PM EDT (US)     31 / 52       
yeah, but most people prefer to complain instead of thinking about that .

vini, vidi, vinci
rwtemple
Mortal
posted 20 December 2002 03:12 PM EDT (US)     32 / 52       
The last patch they made some major tweeks. Increases of 50% or more.

I hope they don't do more of the same in the next patch. The should use more subtle changes and see how they work. Increases or decreases in the 10-20 percent range.

Seems like making Rain last a bit less time might do the trick.

Or perhaps make empowing priests a bit less effective, say
15% instead of 20% bonus.

-Robert

proq
Mortal
posted 20 December 2002 03:14 PM EDT (US)     33 / 52       
I guess the safest change is to try out the 100% rain without changing anything else to see if that would even it out... I still think the pries empowering is a bit strong.

Proud member of Tsunami Studios
as a
scripter of some sort
ESO: Zeusthor
proq
Mortal
posted 20 December 2002 03:19 PM EDT (US)     34 / 52       
To all Ra players, I know this is hurting you because you know you aren't unstoppable... but in a good team game, you have such a great advantage having a safe spot with help by your side that it's not as easy to stop you.

Proud member of Tsunami Studios
as a
scripter of some sort
ESO: Zeusthor
vader42xx
Mortal
posted 20 December 2002 05:44 PM EDT (US)     35 / 52       
Nope....300% for RA and 0 for the enemy is not the same thing as 100% for RA and 0% for the enemy. It is the same difference in food gain for sure...but it still means RA is not getting food at 300% for a few seconds...only 100%. It's not the difference that makes the problem...it's the fact that he's getting 300% at one time. That's crazy. I do like the idea that was suggested before though (sorry, I don't remember the name). Do 100% for RA and nothing for the enemy until mythic and, if used then, it can give you 300% and 200% to your enemy instead. That balances it out a great deal more.

I am become death, the destroyer of worlds. -- The Bhagavad-Gita, quoted by Dr. J. Robert Oppenheimer
finn
Mortal
posted 21 December 2002 06:47 AM EDT (US)     36 / 52       
but he is still only getting 100% more than the opposition- i still dont see the difference?

"the tree of liberty should be re-stocked with the
*-//blÓÓd\\-*

of patriots from time to time"
-~-ƒ¡ññ-~-
Proud official of vdm *~-swgbd-~*

vader42xx
Mortal
posted 21 December 2002 09:10 AM EDT (US)     37 / 52       
Because it still slows the Ra player down if he is getting 100% food instead of 300%. It's not how much faster than you he's going...it's how fast he's going total.

I am become death, the destroyer of worlds. -- The Bhagavad-Gita, quoted by Dr. J. Robert Oppenheimer
deadlydentures
Mortal
posted 21 December 2002 12:40 PM EDT (US)     38 / 52       
do you guys realize that priest cost 100g???
Priest empowering isn't *that* beneficial til later in the game.

The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.
The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference.
The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference.
And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.
DarkFlame
Mortal
posted 21 December 2002 01:09 PM EDT (US)     39 / 52       
finn, when Ra uses his Rain GP, most other players aren't farming yet, resulting in a 300% bonus for him, and 0% for the others.

Remember people, unbalanced doesn't have to mean unbeatable. I think that just making Rain a bit less powerful should do the trick. Lowering the Priest Empowering would just be silly. It wouldn't effect the RFH that much, but it would hit Ra at other aspects.

Ohmigod, fancy colour fading!
I blame these purple things.
GFWL: NilePenguin
aCCoUnT INvALiD
Mortal
posted 21 December 2002 01:10 PM EDT (US)     40 / 52       
Many Ra players did not calculate and plan and just *thought* priest empowering is always beneficial --

Each priest costs 100 units of resources!

If the town center is not busy, just make 1 or 2 more villagers. They are better than an empowering priest in early age (unless you have 8 to 10 villagers per dropsite, but it is not likely except the granary).

If the town center is very busy, you better simply retask villagers and put fewer in gold mining! Saving villager-time in gold mining will be faster than making a new priest for empowering.

Using Rain:

Pharaoh empowering TC is already good enough. The difference between 300% and 200% bonus will be magnified. 400% x 1.25 = 500%, while the Greeks are harvesting at 300% rate. If the Greeks don't go early farming, the difference is 500% rate and 100 something % rate (in hunting).

Hades --
classical: Ares Enyo's Bow, using hippikons & toxotes;
heroic: Aphrodite economic techs, using hippikons & toxotes;
mythic: Hephaestus forge of olympus and weapon of the titans, using hippikons, gastraphetes & nemean rex.
Crazytree
Mortal
posted 22 December 2002 00:53 AM EDT (US)     41 / 52       
I was performing oral sex on GX_IRON and he told me that the goverment is going to tax all email. This must be true because he said it before he spewed his load on my face.
alexanderTGII
Mortal
posted 22 December 2002 01:15 AM EDT (US)     42 / 52       
if u really wanna balance the game, let's make every civ the same. cuz that's what they'll be doing if they keep nerfing civs.
DarkKnight_
Mortal
(id: PW_DarkKnight)
posted 22 December 2002 01:17 AM EDT (US)     43 / 52       
Alexander..they're preventing overpowering strategies. The civs couldn't be much more different

DK
alexanderTGII
Mortal
posted 22 December 2002 02:05 AM EDT (US)     44 / 52       
no, they're elminating popular strats. completely different.
nidhogg13
Banned
posted 22 December 2002 02:27 AM EDT (US)     45 / 52       
You guys are idiots
DarkKnight_
Mortal
(id: PW_DarkKnight)
posted 22 December 2002 11:14 AM EDT (US)     46 / 52       

Quote:

I was performing oral sex on GX_IRON and he told me that the goverment is going to tax all email. This must be true because he said it before he spewed his load on my face.

Was this an attempt to be funny, sick, or to get in trouble?

DK
SiLg2
Mortal
posted 24 December 2002 03:35 AM EDT (US)     47 / 52       
i say bush should nuke the eggy migdols!

eso: silG
FOX_EliTeX
Mortal
posted 24 December 2002 10:55 AM EDT (US)     48 / 52       
ES must be carefull, actually is much more harder do a fh vs a good player than it was 2 weeks or 3 ago, u can stay with no gold or with bad micro lose all ur army easily (vs an egy classical army this is not hard to happen)... if they tone down ra too much this will be a complete useless strat. What's the point on doing this? Probly aom will become an all rush game
SKepTiC_BR
Mortal
posted 24 December 2002 12:28 PM EDT (US)     49 / 52       
god.... egypcians suck when it comes to gathering resources and have poor defence on classical... of course they need to do FH, or else they´re dead meat!
and I agree... just cut the gold flow and they´re also dead meat...
with also those patches someday soon AOM will have 9 horribly similar civs....
Sahnai
Mortal
posted 24 December 2002 12:57 PM EDT (US)     50 / 52       
Better to give everybody else bonuses than to nerf Ra.

But Ra, as it is, is overpowered in 1v1 and horribly overpowered in team games.

The obvious proof of this would be, of course, the fact that 95% of the top 20 players who play now play Ra.

-Cross

Pascal9872
Mortal
posted 24 December 2002 02:21 PM EDT (US)     51 / 52       
or maybe they are just sticking to something that works?

I agree I think some kind of decrease to Rain, be it dropped down to 200% or 100% would mostly do the trick.

Guide to Debugging RMS
Download my RMS here
Help improve RMS reviewing here
A monk I need a monk.
I thought therefore I was.
SavvyPlayer
Mortal
posted 24 December 2002 02:25 PM EDT (US)     52 / 52       
Unlike Isis and Set, I don't think Ra needs the free towers. With empowering priests, his resource collection is actually 5-20% better than his opponents. He can therefore afford to defend himself with units or to simply buy the tower upgrade like everyone else.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames