Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.14 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » odin help
Bottom
Topic Subject:odin help
rebel_hunter47
Mortal
posted 04 August 2003 05:07 PM EDT (US)         
could someone tell me if this is a good build order.

first 2 vills and ox cart on hunting
research hunting dogs
vill on gold
ox cart on gold
vill on gold
vill on straggler trees
dwarf on gold
2 vills to stragglers
4 vills on hunting
2 dwarfs on gold
ox cart on wood
switch gold vills to wood
2 dwarfs on gold
advance

thanx for your help everyone.

AuthorReplies:
Fenrir_the_Beast
Mortal
posted 04 August 2003 05:12 PM EDT (US)     1 / 14       
wow... with this bo do u keep constant production? only 2 on food is too little i thought. at least first 4 on food.

[img]http://aom.kamejoko.net/?id=Fenrir_the_Beast[/img]

How do you keep an idiot in suspense for hours?

rebel_hunter47
Mortal
posted 04 August 2003 05:22 PM EDT (US)     2 / 14       
2 vills is plenty as odin and i have constant vill production.
Missilez_Inc
Mortal
posted 04 August 2003 05:22 PM EDT (US)     3 / 14       
Yeah. If I play as Odin, I use my starting 2 villagers for food, build 5 more with my starting resources, put 3 on food, 2 on gold. Then i save up to build 5 more - 1 on food, 1 on gold, 3 on wood. That means I have 6 on food, 3 on gold and 3 on wood. I always build more when I advance though.
Oh yeah. And I try hunt first, then chickens/berries, and I chop down trees near my town centre first. Makes it easier to build farms.
If there is water, try and build a dock and fishing ships as soon as you can.
rebel_hunter47
Mortal
posted 04 August 2003 05:24 PM EDT (US)     4 / 14       
that is to many vills on food in the beginning. if you want an army in early classical you need gold and wood fast.
Matei
Mortal
posted 04 August 2003 05:30 PM EDT (US)     5 / 14       
If you can keep constant production then it's good. What I like to do is 5 or 6 on food, then alternate between wood and gold, put ox carts on each one when it has about 2-3 vils, maybe add 1 or 2 on food, and lastly make a few dwarves while gathering the final 100 or 200 food needed to advance. During the advance I switch some villagers around depending on what I want to make. It works pretty well, I can make 1-2 Hersir and some houses while advancing and then 2-3 barracks, RC, and more dwarves or villagers.

Programmer on 0 A.D., author of Norse Wars, co-author of Fort Wars.
Missilez_Inc
Mortal
posted 04 August 2003 05:31 PM EDT (US)     6 / 14       
Oh yeah. I forgot to point out that i used dwarves rather than villagers on gold.
Fenrir_the_Beast
Mortal
posted 05 August 2003 00:15 AM EDT (US)     7 / 14       
wow... what is ur ratin? i have never heard of that bo. interesting...

[img]http://aom.kamejoko.net/?id=Fenrir_the_Beast[/img]

How do you keep an idiot in suspense for hours?

bane_of_Canada
Mortal
posted 05 August 2003 09:02 AM EDT (US)     8 / 14       
thats from NS_Cymophanes site. U need hunting and hunting dogs to only use 2 vills on food but it works cuz i use it. im only 1650 tho
KataklysM
Mortal
posted 05 August 2003 04:43 PM EDT (US)     9 / 14       
how fast is the advance?
Fobulous
Mortal
posted 05 August 2003 06:16 PM EDT (US)     10 / 14       
some smurf used that BO to rush me recently. I thin it's only effective on hunting heavy maps like Watering Hole..this guy went to Classical at 4:40 with 17 villes/Dwarfs. i resigned in about 8:00..
magic
Mortal
posted 10 August 2003 07:24 PM EDT (US)     11 / 14       
Well my build order un hunting maps is more or less as follows (v=villager, d=dwarf):

4v to food with oxcart (I research hunting dogs while queing the following 2 vils)
1v to gold
oxcart to gold
1v to gold
1v to wood
1d to gold
2v to wood
2v to food
I think here is where I build my temple
2d to gold
build oxcart for wood
2d to gold
Then change vils from gold to wood and advance.

This gives you about 6 vils on food,5dwarfs on gold and 6 vils on wood. It also gives you enough resources to upgrade gold and wood (I forgot the name of the upgrades ), and make at least 2-3 barracks reaching classical.

I usually reach classical at about 5:15 with both upgrades (sometimes I make a villager less to get there at about 5:00). You donīt have to follow any rigid build order, just try different ones and try to adapt your resources so you can advance on time with enough resources. Also try to see if you BO works fine for the strategy you have in mind, for example you may want to advance earlier if you know you are going to be rushed.

Thors_hammer_256
Mortal
posted 13 August 2003 01:20 AM EDT (US)     12 / 14       
my bo has most definately always served me well and may be quite different to a lot of other odin bos

first 4 to food
notice i dont research hunting dogs
dwarf
ox cart
dwarf
one to straglers
4 more to food
ox cart
4 more to wood
3 more DWARVES to gold

so by classical i have
10 food
5 wood
5 gold

i always have 100% efficiency (excluding the training time) for ox carts

i like to start plainly with the dwarves, i dont like too much villager microing, it wastes time, i find by clssical i am ready to research hunting dogs and start building military straight away witha solid econ that is constantly expanding.
this BO is ofcourse for land only maps obviously water maps are more wood based.

i dont c how 6 vills onf food gets you to the classical age. id be interested to see you do it with 100% efficiency

[This message has been edited by Thors_hammer_256 (edited 08-13-2003 @ 01:22 AM).]

chunky_monkey
Mortal
posted 14 August 2003 10:28 AM EDT (US)     13 / 14       
a general bo

1-6 to food
7-8 to gold
9-10 to wood
11-14 to food
15-16 to gold
17-18 to food/wood

And what is your rating??

People with creative minds can create their own signatures, unlike me.
rebel_hunter47
Mortal
posted 14 August 2003 04:55 PM EDT (US)     14 / 14       
hey everybody. thanx for your responses. 6 gatherers on food is enough for 100% tc efficiency. i don't really play rated that much so i am not really sure how high i can get but am now working on it.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames