You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Discussion

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.42 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » Poll: Should RC be Nerfed
Bottom
Topic Subject:Poll: Should RC be Nerfed
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
rebel_hunter47
Mortal
posted 10 August 2003 12:13 PM EDT (US)         
I think that they should leave them as is but would like to kow what you think.
Say yes or no, why, and if so how would you change them.
poll ends on 8/16.

[This message has been edited by rebel_hunter47 (edited 08-10-2003 @ 12:16 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Pug
Mortal
posted 10 August 2003 12:38 PM EDT (US)     1 / 42       
I play Odin so I say no. But should they beat their counters 1v1?

R.I.P Shiva
Shiva
HG Alumnus
posted 10 August 2003 12:40 PM EDT (US)     2 / 42       
Cost-effectively, RC beat Hippikon in numbers, but in a 1 on 1 they'd lose. A lot of people think that RC's hack armor should be reduced because they do so well....

.¸¸.· · .¸¸.·´ §hïvå | RágeOfHaemòn · .¸¸.· · .¸¸.·
« . ° ¤ Scenario Designer | Woad Creations ¤ º . »
rebel_hunter47
Mortal
posted 10 August 2003 12:42 PM EDT (US)     3 / 42       
yes or no shiva.
Sexy_DeaN
Banned
posted 10 August 2003 12:51 PM EDT (US)     4 / 42       
Should rc threads be nerfed, they seem to dominate so much in numbers..
rebel_hunter47
Mortal
posted 10 August 2003 01:00 PM EDT (US)     5 / 42       

Quoted from Sexy_DeaN:

Should rc threads be nerfed, they seem to dominate so much in numbers..

I know this is a popular topic now but i wanted to know how many people wanted them nerfed. I don't understand why everyone thinks they are too powerful. What we should be worried about is sets monkeys. I mean who ever heard of a well trained greek hippikon gettin his butt kicked by a 3 ft monkey.LOL.
Bazz Lightyear
Mortal
posted 10 August 2003 01:01 PM EDT (US)     6 / 42       
rc hack reduced
ta less dmg vs rc
ulf a little bit more pierce

so YES!!!!!!!!!! for sure!!

a_screen_name
Banned
posted 10 August 2003 01:55 PM EDT (US)     7 / 42       
dont nerf Boost everything else lol
KRool
Mortal
posted 10 August 2003 04:16 PM EDT (US)     8 / 42       
I'd like to see some nerf to their speed. But not their direct speed, it's more of a problem with Cavalry in general.

Maybe, if Cavalry, in exchange for their higher speed, get a "turnaround"-time. So when you change their direction by more than 10 to 15s, they have a seriously lowered speed for like 1 or 1,5 secs.
First, that would be realistic, on foot you can change your direction _much_ faster than on a horse, second it would negate the basic bonus of Cavalry in rushing-focused games, since Infantry has their very own bonus against them then...

K.Rool,
Master of unnecessary knowledge...
FatesDestiny
Mortal
posted 10 August 2003 04:16 PM EDT (US)     9 / 42       
I'm not sure where my vote would go.

I just think that anti-calvary counter should be a bit more viable in early ages to fend off calvary.

So, i guess i vote Yes that they should be nerfed, but indirectly.

Bazz Lightyear
Mortal
posted 10 August 2003 05:28 PM EDT (US)     10 / 42       

Quote:

I'm not sure where my vote would go.
I just think that anti-calvary counter should be a bit more viable in early ages to fend off calvary.

So, i guess i vote Yes that they should be nerfed, but indirectly.

their counters aren't really the biggest problem (only for eggie a little bit, cause camels are useless and you need to outnumber rc with spearman) the main problem is that when a greek player makes hip/tox norse just need to make rc, cause rc beat hip and tox. rc shouldn't beat hip, cause greeks are meant to have the strongest units.

I like the idea of the speed decreasement for cav when turning . (though horses can change direction as fast as humans but not when travelling at high speed )

magic
Mortal
posted 10 August 2003 06:00 PM EDT (US)     11 / 42       
No, unless you give ulfs 10% pierce armor, TA's a 0.9 multilpier against RC and give TA their 0.5 hack damage back.
Shiva
HG Alumnus
posted 10 August 2003 06:54 PM EDT (US)     12 / 42       

Quote:

yes or no shiva.

Exactly.

.¸¸.· · .¸¸.·´ §hïvå | RágeOfHaemòn · .¸¸.· · .¸¸.·
« . ° ¤ Scenario Designer | Woad Creations ¤ º . »
NoFx_SirAjh
Mortal
posted 10 August 2003 07:25 PM EDT (US)     13 / 42       
No, they shouldn't be nerfed, just make spearmen or hoplites.

"Do not try to stand, for I will knock you back down."
-SirAjh after a prideful victory

--NoFx Webmaster--

NoFx Clan Site

goodbaby
Mortal
posted 10 August 2003 08:11 PM EDT (US)     14 / 42       
I think there is a Tech related with three units which causes so many problems.
It's called Thunder hoover.
We seldom see any complain about Loki's RC.Because no thunder hoover.
However,we can see complains about Odin's RC,Valky and Jarl all the time(Now the jarl thing is gone because thunder hoover effect less on Jarl).But Valky is still he MU which can kill hero,RC is the very overpowered unit.

And many test say RC without thunder hoover is an OK unit.

Why not nerf the Thunder hoover tech or make it only available in heroic?

Elendil_King
Mortal
posted 10 August 2003 10:44 PM EDT (US)     15 / 42       
Yes

quoted from my post on the other thread:
"Though the tox can beat both ulf and ta and the hoplite can beat both ulf and rc, this only happens when they are fighting toe to toe. Other factors must be taken into thought. First, TA, ulf, and RC come from one building and train faster than greek troops. This means that the norse can have numerical advantage during a battle as their reinforcements come in quicker. Also, when looking at all factors of Greek and Norse building costs, norse longhouses are cheaper than Greek buildings for norse do not need to build multiple drop sites when moving from one resource to the other. Now that this is said, it can be thought that ulf ta and tox hop are all balanced units when facing each other. Norse must use their possible numerical advantage and Greeks must use their units' ability to stay alive longer in the battle to be able to win. So the problem lies in RC and hippikons, the other units are balanced when compared to each other. Thus I believe that if RC are slightly nerfed, not much damage would be done to the norse. They would still be able to raid effectively, catch, outnumber and kill smaller groups of hippikon raiders, and they could still get map control and numerical advantage in classical. The RC nerf would simply fix the violation of an element that the norse and Greeks have. Norse have the ability to outnumber greeks. Yet their RC not only outnumber Greeks but beat them on the field where Greeks should have an advantage. Norse RC are tougher than the Greek units that are supposed to be the strongest and most expensive units in the game. Greek units are the most expensive, yet are not as tough as Norse RC. So if the RC is nerfed slightly so that it cant beat Greek "tougher" units so easily on the field, then the imbalance would be fixed. Right now, Norse players dont need to use their advantage of numerically superior armies, they can beat Greeks toe to toe. Thus Greeks no longer have the edge of tougher units to match the norse numerical superiority advantage. All this due to the RC. "

DaWn_VeNoM
Mortal
posted 11 August 2003 00:26 AM EDT (US)     16 / 42       
Stop whining about Raiding Cavalry. There only half decent early in the game while later on they get pounded ezily. Why dont you make a post called "Should Jarls get nerfed?" There more whacko than rc.
GOTD_FireCobra
Mortal
posted 11 August 2003 00:32 AM EDT (US)     17 / 42       
Why not just leave them all alone?

The very irregular poster...
DaWn_VeNoM
Mortal
posted 11 August 2003 00:34 AM EDT (US)     18 / 42       
There a main unit in the game so I dont thin u can really leave them alone. THey should nerf ELEPhants the *****
magic
Mortal
posted 11 August 2003 01:24 AM EDT (US)     19 / 42       
Why not make a poll that says : Should ulfsarks PA be boosted?
KRool
Mortal
posted 11 August 2003 07:02 AM EDT (US)     20 / 42       
Well, true, but the idea of a turnaround-speed-penalty was based of the high speed of cavalry.
When a horse rider at full speed wants to change his direction, he needs to decrease his speed far enough for the horse to manage the turn, then accelerate again.
Infantry, because of their much slower walking speed, can change direction much faster, since their accel and decel times are shorter.

I know, I know, it's damn near impossible to implement, but hell, I love that idea
As for other thing - thrue, Thundering Hooves may be why Thor and Odin's RCs, Valks and Jarls (for Odin, though not that much lately since the nerf) get such a power, while Loki's doesn't.
Just look at Valkyries, for me, THE classical Myth Unit of all, I mean, it has speed, it has power, it can heal, and above all, it is a half-naked woman on that horse!! *gg*

K.Rool,
Master of unnecessary knowledge...
Tordenskiold
Mortal
posted 11 August 2003 08:14 AM EDT (US)     21 / 42       
Yes, their hack armor should be reduced.

That will make their counters, hoplites, spearmen & ulfsarks much better.

TORDENSKIOLD(1690-1720)

During the Great Nordic War (1700-1720), he was commander of the danish navy, which defeaded the swedish army at Kristiania (modern Oslo). After the war, he was killed in a duel on Nov. 12, 1720 just outside Hamburg, Germany, during a travel to England.

ESO: TORDENSKIOLD
mR_wAlRuS
Mortal
posted 12 August 2003 10:46 PM EDT (US)     22 / 42       
The only thing about raiding cav is theyre speed. They have .5 more speed than hippikons which sucks because they inderectly win every fight against them, because when you send your hippikons to fight them they run away and attack another area. Anyways. I think that RC should get bonus dmg and armor against villies while losing dmg and armor vs military. And lower theyre speed to like .2 more than hippikons. Greek units are supposed to be the strongest units in the game, but being so intolerably slow makes them inferior to norse's gay units. I think its a slap in the face to say "Against greeks, just mass RC" because Raiding Cavalry is just that, used to raid, not to be Hippikon killers. And why the hell does RC cost 1 pop less than hippikons? do they starve theyre horses so they only eat as much as the riders? i mean cmon, raise theyre pop, and in turn lower theyre cost and raise theyre build time like 1 sec. The only people complaining will be the Norse players since they lose theyre "uber horsies". Thats my 2 cents.

I am teh walrus! goo goo gachu
Einstein_006
Mortal
posted 12 August 2003 11:16 PM EDT (US)     23 / 42       
No, do not nerf RC.

Just cuz Greeks have a weakness... If you want to overpowered Greek just say so, don't dress it up by saying RC are overpowered, lol. Norse are best in Classical, Greek have a weak Classical, boo hoo, you guys have a WEAKNESS. Amazing.

Plus less hack on RC means eggy will rape norse in every game...

Lytes
Mortal
posted 13 August 2003 01:13 AM EDT (US)     24 / 42       
If you read any of the other topics, i think you know where i stand.
Thors_hammer_256
Mortal
posted 13 August 2003 01:13 AM EDT (US)     25 / 42       
i think the nerfing of norse has gone quite overboard in the last few patches, although it might sound like an exaggeration i believe it is true.

the rc most definately does NOT stand up to its counter, now i really think these 1v1 tests and stats and stuff are such a load of rubbish, so no one throw them at me, im just saying that i think that norse are fine in the calssical. if you play norse often youll know that hoplites and spearmen are certainly a challenge, with the decrease in cost of the hoplite they have already been nerfed indirectly.

sorry to talk to much but i obviously vote no

besides the x pack is coming out soon, i know i wont be able to get it for a while after but all you people most certainly will get it and it clearly states there will be many changes in the existing civs for balancing.

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames