You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Discussion

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.17 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » Should you create villies while saving up food to advance?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Should you create villies while saving up food to advance?
RiderOfEternity
Mortal
posted 12 August 2003 01:55 PM EDT (US)         
Should you create labourers (I'm an Isis player so dwarfs are out of the question ) while saving food to advance?
It always seems to be a big waste of time when waiting and I get pressured by the other player's score keep rising.
Please answer my question, it would be very helpful
Oh and could you please state your approximate rating.

Thanks

Leader of Liquid Fire. Animator Seb C.

One does not simply leave HG
AuthorReplies:
emo
Mortal
posted 12 August 2003 01:58 PM EDT (US)     1 / 17       
yep, never and ever give up producing villies even if u r goin for a fh... Dont worry!!! 50 food u spend for a villie is always worth and wont leave u behind...

We began to talk more and more about less and less...

ESO Name: Vagabond_Kanta

Sexy_DeaN
Banned
posted 12 August 2003 02:04 PM EDT (US)     2 / 17       
In 95% of situations, yes.
Letheb
Mortal
posted 12 August 2003 05:42 PM EDT (US)     3 / 17       
yeah, but make sure that while ur waiting for the 400 (isis is 360?) food, the villies you do make go to food, then when you hit the age up, you can move them around...

ESO- Lehteb

Once upon a time, I thought I was good at AoM. Then I logged onto ESO. My views have been altered

oljb007
Mortal
posted 12 August 2003 05:46 PM EDT (US)     4 / 17       
you can age up in the 5 min mark with 100% tc efficiency (that means constantly building villies)

so dont ever stop!

Titans oljb007
Vanilla oljb007 (1684)

"am i a smurf if i beat you? Well, you are if you beat me" --isnt that the general idea of this game?

stumpy_006
Mortal
posted 12 August 2003 05:58 PM EDT (US)     5 / 17       
map dependant, I could hit the button at 3:30 with 100% efficiency ... (Odin ) ... you're econ sucks, but an uber fast rush is worth it .. you have time to recover ..
oljb007
Mortal
posted 12 August 2003 06:59 PM EDT (US)     6 / 17       
sheee-at i can advance BY 3:30 with messed up econ. map dependent of course

Titans oljb007
Vanilla oljb007 (1684)

"am i a smurf if i beat you? Well, you are if you beat me" --isnt that the general idea of this game?

Fenrir_Achilles
Mortal
posted 12 August 2003 11:35 PM EDT (US)     7 / 17       
what dean said i am a 1650-1700 player and i always try to get a better eco
DrTony
Mortal
posted 13 August 2003 00:13 AM EDT (US)     8 / 17       
creat villies is important to advance earlier

Do you notice the villies no. when advance to heroic age?
Few times my classic army lost but once I entered heroic, I won, when I watch back the rec, my opponent villies are 15 less than me

heroic age need more resources to expand, if too less villagers before enter heroic or even u are doing FH, you should carefully spend your resources to strengthen your econ and army and play less aggressive

RiderOfEternity
Mortal
posted 13 August 2003 09:29 AM EDT (US)     9 / 17       
So even if u get a really late classical(like 7.30) it's ok to constant villies while saving to advance to classical?

NIB
Mortal
posted 13 August 2003 10:06 AM EDT (US)     10 / 17       

Quote:

So even if u get a really late classical(like 7.30) it's ok to constant villies while saving to advance to classical?

No. Get a better build order(bo) that will enable you to get to classical earlier than that. You should get 5 to late 5 min classicals on all maps. Aging time varies depending on your civ and on the map. Egyptians get to get slower classical times, while norse get faster classical times. Sea maps give you slightly slower classicals too.

Watch couple records from some experts and write down their build order.

ESO name : Relaxing

Eisai ellinas? Tote ela sto www.noobwars.gr.

trade_clanleader
Mortal
posted 13 August 2003 10:30 AM EDT (US)     11 / 17       
u need lots of gold though cos egpyt players need gold for farms and if u cant find any animals ur gonna have to advance late which i always hate.
Spy_Lord
Mortal
posted 13 August 2003 11:31 AM EDT (US)     12 / 17       
If you're with Isis, advancing late is not a big problem. First of all its cheaper, and secondly you get a free ultra tower defense once you hit classical. I made it to 1750 with random civ which kept throwing me isis. I suck with eggies, and my bo's pretty terrible, but my 7:00 advances were fine even at 1700+ because I had eco, and a free defense.

Oh and anybody know if there's something wrong with random civ, 40% of the time I get hades, and 40% isis :/.

[This message has been edited by Spy_Lord (edited 08-13-2003 @ 11:34 AM).]

lifeofluxury12
Mortal
posted 13 August 2003 01:02 PM EDT (US)     13 / 17       
I think 100% is divided by 9= your chances= 11.1% chance for every god btw.. I hate when I up at like 389 food and I have to switch hunting spots because it's depleted/ that one always gets me.Or sometimes I daze out and forget to build my temple but I dont do it as often anymore

|My Site|Recs|SaM|-Fenrir_Ghost - Matches - Challenge Me
I am life.I am luxury.I am the envy, that brings such ugly.I dont have a two-way, nor a cell-phone.My thoughts do not touch yourself alone.I am society.I strive to be the positive inside me.My opinion's are lively, used to describe me.Look at your negative, and how you live it.Dismiss the explicit in your mind and visit the bright side of community, and how you enrich it.
I am the Luxuries of Life, therefor my Life is Luxury

[This message has been edited by lifeofluxury12 (edited 08-13-2003 @ 01:05 PM).]

aom dude
Mortal
posted 13 August 2003 04:59 PM EDT (US)     14 / 17       
Forgetting to build houses also is a pain, although I (almost)never forget.

It's lame to quote yourself - aom dude
Newbe
Mortal
posted 14 August 2003 00:01 AM EDT (US)     15 / 17       
If you want my opinion it's this:

Always listen to what Nib says about anything first. Then read the other posts and come to a decision. Personally, I stop making vills to get a faster classical time on water maps.

(Although I make fishing boats non stop) so my TC efficiency is still over 100% in that sense. I've seen recs of even the best players like zg_chirchhi 2100+ guys have a hard time with this. He often does a 6:40 (eggy) classical on meditranian. Loses and then in his game notes he'll write stuff like made too many vills and forgot to go classical. I also will stop making vills early against Loki (I think it's good but it's hard to be sure) This way I can get a 5:20 classical time on land maps. You should have a easy time with this though cause Isis is probably the best of eggy for fast classical times.

There's one on his site just look for the medi map type and download those you'll see the game I'm talking about.

I'm wondering when it comes to build orders though. I think Hope said once that most of 1850+ players do stuff like, 6 food, 1 wood,1 food, 1 gold so that you have a better balanced econ and get more econ upgrades earlier. Of course, these build orders will slow down your age time not speed them up. Do you guys think it's more important for most players to get a fast classical time at the lower levels < 1850 then at the higher levels? (I'm only talking about 15-30 secs difference here)

NIB
Mortal
posted 14 August 2003 04:50 AM EDT (US)     16 / 17       

Quote:

I've seen recs of even the best players like zg_chirchhi 2100+ guys have a hard time with this. He often does a 6:40 (eggy) classical on meditranian.

Unless he is set, then going for later than 6 min classical isnt suggested. With set, you can even get a 7min classical and be ok. Especially if you are going for fh(which you should go for fh cause you will be popped really fast and if you stay popped for a long period, then you cant establish an eco cause you won be able to get more civilians cause of pop limit.)

Eggies and especially set and isis can delay their classical cause they get snakes/free tower upgrade and obviously set gets animals. As i said, set can afford to delay his classical(and he does so that he can go for fh), But isis or ra or any other god, shouldnt delay their classicals too much.

Its sad how many 1800+ rated ppl dont have a good sea bo. Although midgard can be a bitch sometimes cause you get like 1 starting berrie bush and no cows(or 1 cow) which obviously isnt enough. Sometimes this even leads to tc idle time. But thats very rare occasions and it affects both sides.

Quote:

I also will stop making vills early against Loki (I think it's good but it's hard to be sure) This way I can get a 5:20 classical time on land maps.

Dont stop making villagers on archaic. If you are sure that your enemy loki is rushing you, then get some tc idle time on early classical and skip all eco upgrades. Having tc idle time on archaic means that you will have less villagers working on that 1 min of aging.

ESO name : Relaxing

Eisai ellinas? Tote ela sto www.noobwars.gr.

[This message has been edited by NIB (edited 08-14-2003 @ 04:58 AM).]

RiderOfEternity
Mortal
posted 14 August 2003 12:02 PM EDT (US)     17 / 17       
Thanks for your help guys I think I know what to do now.

Quote:

Always listen to what Nib says about anything first.

Why is this?

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames