Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.11 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » Micro control your SoO
Bottom
Topic Subject:Micro control your SoO
goodbaby
Mortal
posted 13 August 2003 04:51 PM EDT (US)         
SoO is the most powerful unit in the AOM.He is so strong(240 hack damage per hit) and have huge range.That makes him mostly the #1 target to hit.
The longer SoO can survive,the more he can do for you.
How to make him live long enough?

I would say to have a building beside him,then he will live much longer and do much damage.The building should be TC,Midgol or a tower.Midgol and TC are best,if you can only afford tower,then tower is fine too.
Why a building can save SoO? Because SoO can garrison into it.Once he goes into the midgol/TC/Tower,the units which are chasing him will lost their target and move to somewhere else.However,once SoO garrisons in a building,he is not useful.We dont need a SoO hide in a building.What we need is a SoO actually does the 240 damage to opponent units.You should let SoO go out right after he garrisoned.But,set the way point on the opposite side of which he got in.Then he will have at least 1 unit to target on the other side of building(Normally that's not 1 unit,it's 4 or more units).The powerful light will kill these units with the help of midgol/TC/tower.

This will cost a lot of microcontrol.Let SoO attack and keep him out of opponent's building fire.When be reached,retreat and garrison.Set waypoint,ungarrison.Attack again.

What I like to do is mass 15-20 CA on the back,so the real chance of your opponent units to reach SoO is small.When you get enough favor,get mummy.I found when I got 2 or more mummies,then the opponent will have no chance to touch my SoO.

The only thing can really hurt SoO is greek toxotes and egypt CA.They also have good range and good attack.You need some camels to kill them.When you hear the sound that SoO yelled,you should take a look on what is hitting him,and make the decision to kill the unit hitting him or walk back.

AuthorReplies:
Meow_Man_LOL
Mortal
posted 13 August 2003 05:10 PM EDT (US)     1 / 11       
Hey pretty good, ask if they can upload it on the strategy section.

wololo

Vagabond_Meow
Rating: 1843 God: Ra
Rating: 1833 God: Isis
NIB
Mortal
posted 13 August 2003 05:25 PM EDT (US)     2 / 11       
Or use a roc. Simplier and easier. Also if you go for nepthys you can get 670hp soo(but no roc). Yup garissoning soo is something that most ppl do all the time. Use slingers cause as you said, ranged units pose the biggest thread for your soo and slingers beat toxotes, chariots, tas.

ESO name : Relaxing

Eisai ellinas? Tote ela sto www.noobwars.gr.

goodbaby
Mortal
posted 13 August 2003 05:29 PM EDT (US)     3 / 11       
Yes,I forget Roc.
I ever use Roc flying beside SoO.However,now I never go Hathor in heroic
THE_champion95
Mortal
posted 13 August 2003 05:40 PM EDT (US)     4 / 11       
what is a SoO?
leandro
Mortal
posted 14 August 2003 01:36 AM EDT (US)     5 / 11       
SoO => Son of Osiris
Holy_Punk
Mortal
posted 14 August 2003 02:08 AM EDT (US)     6 / 11       
Nice. However, I have never seen SoO surviving long enough to deal significant damage. Usually, as soon as opponent sees "Goodbaby cast Son of Osiris god power" Zeus bolt, Jarls, Myrmidons, CA etc are going to target SoO. Anything that opponent can throw he'll throw on SoO. Osiris has other things, like two pharaohs etc. SoO itself is hmmm... I think it's average GP. If he could be healed that would be another story, then it would be very powerful GP.

Holy Punk.

[This message has been edited by Holy_Punk (edited 08-14-2003 @ 02:08 AM).]

bad_mood_dude
Mortal
posted 14 August 2003 03:17 AM EDT (US)     7 / 11       
I think something u may want to add is building a monument nearby (if u are isis)to block GPs like bolt or lightning storm. And something else, this works great around a center tc with a migdol.

Besides that, this works great.

~*Bad_Mood_Dude*~

ESO: badmooddude

Quintus
Mortal
posted 14 August 2003 12:03 PM EDT (US)     8 / 11       
Another thing to remeber is the SoO's empowering ability. He empowers better than normal Pharoahs.
He can:
Empower drop sites- More resources stockpiled
Empower a building- Train units, research improvements faster.
ALSO:
If you empower a TC, tower, or midgol stroghold the building will not only "Train units, research improvements faster", but also fire faster.
This can be great in a battle.
If you're SoO is empowering the midgol it can do more damage to the enemy than the SoO would in the same time (almost twice as much damage, as the the SoO empowers better than normal pharoahs). Possibly turning the tide of a battle, when attacked you can garrisson him inside for safety. This is how to get the best out of the SoO! He has now dealt more damage than normal and sustained little damage.

Don't judge those who try and fail.
Judge only those who fail to try.
goodbaby
Mortal
posted 14 August 2003 12:25 PM EDT (US)     9 / 11       
SoO's empower ability is exactly same as a normal pharoh.
And why the hell use SoO to empower a fire building? SoO does 240 damage per hit,about 80/ second. Even a FU tower only do 20/s,double it is 20 more.
ArtemisChimera
Mortal
posted 14 August 2003 01:33 PM EDT (US)     10 / 11       
LOL, using SoO to empower a Migdol does seem a bit strange, use the other crappy Pharaoh to do that

But it says in the description of Osiris' God Power that it transforms a normal Pharaoh into a "super-empowering" lighting wielding blah blah.

Has anyone actually tested if he empowers better than a normal Pharaoh?

ESO user name - ChimeraArtemis
Rating - 1662
Favourite Major Gods - Isis, Gaia, Hades, Loki

Creator of the Egyptian Myth Unit Guides - Phoenix, Wadjet, Scorpion Man, Scarab
And the Atlantean Myth Unit Guides: Stymphalian Bird, Satyr, Lampades Heka-Gigantes, Man O'War

oxyGENIUS
Mortal
posted 14 August 2003 02:17 PM EDT (US)     11 / 11       
I dont know about better empowering, but he sure does seem to heal better!

Sometimes SoO does get killed too early because people call upon him too early. The armory upgrades benefit him, so a weak SoO is a an average GP. I remember one game where he killed about 300 units at least.

For me, he mostly dies by getting caught in a group. Give SoO room, and make sure he doesnt get carried away chasing one unit.

Keep your allies close and you enemies closer.

Harry_Sax

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames