Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » Odin vs Poseidon
Bottom
Topic Subject:Odin vs Poseidon
steveuk
Mortal
posted 14 August 2003 05:48 AM EDT (US)         
I am facing a 1700 Poseidon player in a clan tournament and I play Odin at 1650ish. I don't expect to beat him but I would like to put up a good fight.

What are the key things I need to do.

-I need to raid before him
-defend my villagers from his raiders
-research crenellations
-control the map
-cut off his gold

I don't really want him to get to Heroic before me because of catapults. Should I make ulfsark to defend my villagers against cavalry or raiding cavalry because they are faster?

God : Odin
Rating : 1600-1650
ESO : Tra_Illusion
AuthorReplies:
Ekanta
Mortal
posted 14 August 2003 08:27 AM EDT (US)     1 / 6       
avoid his hipps and raid the crap out of him. Face his hipps when u will beat em. If he heroics faster than u continue raid him because u will have a better eco. use em ravens wisely, he will soon run out starting gold mine, hit him hard with 2 groups of raiders, dont let him catch u till u can kill him. crenellations means u are on the defense, better make a few more rc and kill a few more of hiss villagers. but do cut of his gold if u can. Ravens controll his potential second mines, when u see him there raid him with one rc group, when he tries to rescue the goldies with to many hipps run away, at the same time your other rc group are now occupied at killing his woodies back home, and so on, will never catch u. a lil strategic walling can come in very handy though, but get initiative above all, dont lose rc to a better greek army. After a few minutes of this medicin he should begin to soften up. rc speed is the key, combined with ravens odin is the best raider. Keep em rc in business all the time. When he start to chase rc u are on the right track because he will never catch em. If he uses hoplites (unlikely), mix in ta. Practise group raiding vs comp with hotkeys, its a good practise. Also know that u cant beat the hipps at start face to face, you are prolly better of raiding him. Rc are better than ulfs for odin in classic since he can optimise them more (he dont get forseti), and ulf cant raid.
IX_Chimera
Mortal
posted 14 August 2003 11:04 AM EDT (US)     2 / 6       
if you want catch me on eso and ill give you some pointers and play game or two with you. im a 1900 odin player so i think i can help you my eso nick is

Vagabond_Scruff

Scruffy_

Vagabond_Random

cya on

steveuk
Mortal
posted 14 August 2003 11:45 AM EDT (US)     3 / 6       
Thanks, I'll be on soon. I found out my opponent is 1693 so he's not comfortably in the 1700's.

God : Odin
Rating : 1600-1650
ESO : Tra_Illusion
Pug
Mortal
posted 14 August 2003 12:25 PM EDT (US)     4 / 6       
ive seen a lot of players say go all raiding calvary against greek. It works great agaisnt hipps, but I have problems with hopolites backed by arhcers, so I started to add throwing axemen for the hopolites and it works pretty well. You just need no less than 6 rax to produce untis from. Raid the crap outa his vills. Forest fire and walking woods do wonders agsint econs.

R.I.P Shiva
xxCrAzYpYrOxx
Mortal
posted 15 August 2003 00:19 AM EDT (US)     5 / 6       
well i only play at about ur range, and havent ran into a possy player in a while, i think the last one i played was when i was in 1620s but while raiding with 2 groups of 4 RC i found his FB with my raven and rushed him while raiding with an ulf/RC combo, i slaughtered all his stables with the ulfies while the RC took care of any hip/tox that popped out to help, at the time he was also gathering gold and food in the area i was attacking so once i broke through his line of buildings i was able to totally cripple his econ (i also used forest fire with my raiders) eventaully i held back and even though my unit combo was food heavy in a big way i was able to beat him to heroic because his econ was so crushed, frost his newly gathered force, then send in some p rams to destroy his only TC and build my own on it, this strat was pretty risky i think and like i said i am in no way at all an odin authority but if u find his FB like i did and can see ur forces will destroy his it seems to work, GOOD LUCK!
mR_wAlRuS
Mortal
posted 15 August 2003 11:42 PM EDT (US)     6 / 6       
this is kind of off topic but this is on the last post.
Thats why Gaia rules, its because she stops you norse bastards from building on her TC. die norse bastards..die
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames