You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Discussion

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » Possibility to stop wall building during ceasefire
Bottom
Topic Subject:Possibility to stop wall building during ceasefire
Mysterium
Mortal
posted 14 August 2003 06:26 AM EDT (US)         
Yesterday I played a 3 vs 3 game. Right after getting to heroic my opponent (who was better then me I have to admit) started to build a forward TC. I rushed in with my army (which was bigger) and so he used his cease-fire to stop me. Not being able to stop the building of the TC I wanted to stop him from bringing in new units by blocking off the area with a wall (it was on watering hole, on a kind of half island). So I start constructing a wall and he stops me by placing units on the wall foundations !

Kind of unfair no ? I think that as soon as you have placed the foundation of the walls on the ground (and that means you have spent the resources) your opponent should not be able to step on it (ok to go through until it is build) and thus stop the construction during a cease-fire.

What do you think ??

By the way - I lost the game as I was not able to take out that forward TC, even with Ancestors lol

ESO : Mysterium and Mysterium2
AuthorReplies:
NIB
Mortal
posted 14 August 2003 06:34 AM EDT (US)     1 / 4       
Ehm no. This can be exploited by putting foundations of walls and screwing pathing of enemy units or even pushing them towards a specific direction. This cant be implemented either.

ESO name : Relaxing

Eisai ellinas? Tote ela sto www.noobwars.gr.

Meto
Mortal
posted 14 August 2003 07:56 AM EDT (US)     2 / 4       
NIB
This can be exploited

why not just make it so that units will move when standing on top of something being build.
that would seem a lot more fair.

or that would have been a cool trick back in ancient china, the barbarian hordes seeing the great wall of china, lets make a peace treaty with them, and then we will stand in front of the next section of wall, that way they will never get it done............MUHAHAHAHAHA (evil laugh, like the one barbarians have

[This message has been edited by Meto (edited 08-14-2003 @ 07:57 AM).]

Shiva
HG Alumnus
posted 14 August 2003 08:09 AM EDT (US)     3 / 4       
Heh, in many DM games I remember stealing an enemy's TC while he casts cease to protect him self, I'll steal it, then spam rax in front of it with walls. The walls need not be in straight lines. They're just to thwart him from going forward...

.¸¸.· · .¸¸.·´ §hïvå | RágeOfHaemòn · .¸¸.· · .¸¸.·
« . ° ¤ Scenario Designer | Woad Creations ¤ º . »
TheShadowDawn
Mortal
posted 14 August 2003 08:20 AM EDT (US)     4 / 4       

Quote:

This can be exploited by putting foundations of walls and screwing pathing of enemy units or even pushing them towards a specific direction. This cant be implemented either.

Sounds a bit harder to achieve than walling off a settlement, personally.

Alternately you could block the placing of wall foundations altogether during ceasefire.

TheShdwDwn
If you're like me, then it's possible you're a clone generated from my stolen DNA. I suggest you turn yourself in for destruction immediately.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames