You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Discussion

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.9 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » Why can't i get a good economy!!!!!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Why can't i get a good economy!!!!!
GermanSpy
Mortal
posted 14 August 2003 05:54 PM EDT (US)         
I need help. I can never get a good economy, there for i don't get much army, and thats means...DEATH!What can i do to help myself from dieing? Well i usually have about 8-10 villies gathering food. I usually have about 4-5 villies minning gold. And i usually have again 4-5 villies cutting wood,

WHY AIN'T I GETTING ENOUGH RESCOURCES?????????????

AuthorReplies:
Athen
Mortal
posted 14 August 2003 05:57 PM EDT (US)     1 / 9       
Get more villagers, and more, even if you have not enughf resorses, then upgrade pic ax, or gold mine, i dono. Thats the only thing I can think of.
celtz888
Mortal
posted 14 August 2003 06:03 PM EDT (US)     2 / 9       
u wan 60 + total villies at the end of the game

ESO - Prtn_md , SeXy_as_sin
Odin,Pos,Isis
New England represening
oljb007
Mortal
posted 14 August 2003 06:12 PM EDT (US)     3 / 9       
here follow this build order to get you going. oh yeah and download the "villy utility"

6 food
2 wood
2 gold
1 wood
1 gold
1 wood
1 gold
<pull 1 woody off to build a house>

<depending on your strat you need to place villies on whatever resource you are going to be needing: personally i puta few more more on gold and maybe 1 more on wood but i do that as i am putting the 18th-20th villies on food.>

and rush like mofo to get 40 villies then tapper off and work on getting to 50+ imo, 60 is too many unless you hit mythic with tons of TC's but most games dont go to mythic so.....

focusing on advancing to classical in the 5-6 min mark and having the resources to plop down your first 2-3 military buildings and then haveing the resources to imediatly que up units....

goodluck let, post if you have troublems still

Titans oljb007
Vanilla oljb007 (1684)

"am i a smurf if i beat you? Well, you are if you beat me" --isnt that the general idea of this game?

[This message has been edited by oljb007 (edited 08-14-2003 @ 06:14 PM).]

MR2 Pilot
Mortal
posted 14 August 2003 09:01 PM EDT (US)     4 / 9       
GermanSpy,

60 to 80 vils by Mythic. Never stop vil pop! (Hey it rhymes, maybe a new nOOb theme!) (Don't worry, nothing personal, I'm a nOOb too).

Seriously, you should have about 20 vils when you reach Classical, then keep on poppen more!
-

FAILURE is not an option, it comes bundled with the software.
The graduate with a science degree asks, "Why does it work ?"
The graduate with an engineering degree asks, "How does it work ?"
The graduate with an accounting degree asks, "How much will it cost ?"
The graduate with an arts degree asks, "Do you want fries with that ?"
Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.
Sentinel_CM
Mortal
posted 14 August 2003 09:05 PM EDT (US)     5 / 9       
What major god r we talking about?
Fenrir_Achilles
Mortal
posted 14 August 2003 09:08 PM EDT (US)     6 / 9       
i usually get hunting dogs or herding improvement when the game starts
reyyer
Mortal
posted 14 August 2003 09:14 PM EDT (US)     7 / 9       
Send me some games and I'll look at them when I have the time. reyyer@netster.com

Life does not treat you fairly or unfairly. It merely is. It is up to each of us to be fair or unfair.
GermanSpy
Mortal
posted 14 August 2003 09:44 PM EDT (US)     8 / 9       
i usually, play with zues
DrTony
Mortal
posted 14 August 2003 09:49 PM EDT (US)     9 / 9       
how do you define a 'good' economy? Apart from basic non-stop villigers production, appropriate econ upgrades and getting fastest sources of food, think about what actually you need to 'counter' your enemy. If your opponent make all RC, you need spearman, do u get extra wood?? If your opponent make many TA, you need slingers/wood, do u get extra food?? if you can get what you need, then your econ is good now, which quite depends on ur opponent army type!~
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames