You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Discussion

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » Trouble against Greeks using Isis
Bottom
Topic Subject:Trouble against Greeks using Isis
donato
Mortal
posted 14 August 2003 06:57 PM EDT (US)         
I'm having trouble as an Isis player against Greeks. First off, that pesky Heroic ranged seige is scary. Secondly, Greek troops are so strong. I have trouble deciding whether to fight in classical using barracks or FH and using Migdols. Advice needed, as I seem to do well against Norse and other Eggys.
AuthorReplies:
lifeofluxury12
Mortal
posted 14 August 2003 07:17 PM EDT (US)     1 / 3       
use anubites for the siege or camels.In heroic it get's hard for greek because camels are a match for their cavalry, and chariot archers are the best archers.

|My Site|Recs|SaM|-Fenrir_Ghost - Matches - Challenge Me
I am life.I am luxury.I am the envy, that brings such ugly.I dont have a two-way, nor a cell-phone.My thoughts do not touch yourself alone.I am society.I strive to be the positive inside me.My opinion's are lively, used to describe me.Look at your negative, and how you live it.Dismiss the explicit in your mind and visit the bright side of community, and how you enrich it.
I am the Luxuries of Life, therefor my Life is Luxury
goodbaby
Mortal
posted 14 August 2003 07:27 PM EDT (US)     2 / 3       
Spear+Slinger to for defense.
Anubite/Sphinx for raid.
Once in heroic,Ancestor(+Ecplise) to kill opponent's base or forward.I think Isis is the best civ to fight against greek.
ArtemisChimera
Mortal
posted 15 August 2003 05:35 AM EDT (US)     3 / 3       
Isis is great against Greek.

Remember that even though their troops are stronger and more powerful, yours are cheaper and easier to mass, so make use of it. And Isis has +3 pop cap on each town center you build so make use of that too.

If against Zeus, just make sure you make lots of priests to counter horrible massed hydras and minotaurs. Make axemen and slingers to fight their hoplites and maybe some spearmen against hippikon raids.
Maybe try a FH with Ancestors+Eclipse to take their TC

If against Poseidon, you should probably advance with Anubis and mass spears. Make some slings too if you see toxotes. Get Anubis' spear upgrade which will really help you. Poseidon is most likely to raid you with hipps, but while they're doing it, send some Anubites to raid their food which they'll be needing a lot of with their cavalry.

If against Hades, mass slings. You could either use Anubites to get at their archers or use sphinxes to attack their stronger buildings. Against Hades you'll need stong seige to take down those buildings.

A FH might work against all of them, particularly Poseidon, just make sure you make spears to counter the raiding hipps.

ESO user name - ChimeraArtemis
Rating - 1662
Favourite Major Gods - Isis, Gaia, Hades, Loki

Creator of the Egyptian Myth Unit Guides - Phoenix, Wadjet, Scorpion Man, Scarab
And the Atlantean Myth Unit Guides: Stymphalian Bird, Satyr, Lampades Heka-Gigantes, Man O'War

[This message has been edited by ArtemisChimera (edited 08-15-2003 @ 05:37 AM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames