You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Discussion

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.9 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » Anybody do this?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Anybody do this?
lifeofluxury12
Mortal
posted 14 August 2003 07:20 PM EDT (US)         
Now I know when you are playing an egyption god that you especially have to make sure your units are attacking what they counter, but at some times in a battle it get's hard to click the right unit since all of the other ones are moving around. I was wondering if anybody usees the zoom function to help them with this?

|My Site|Recs|SaM|-Fenrir_Ghost - Matches - Challenge Me
I am life.I am luxury.I am the envy, that brings such ugly.I dont have a two-way, nor a cell-phone.My thoughts do not touch yourself alone.I am society.I strive to be the positive inside me.My opinion's are lively, used to describe me.Look at your negative, and how you live it.Dismiss the explicit in your mind and visit the bright side of community, and how you enrich it.
I am the Luxuries of Life, therefor my Life is Luxury
AuthorReplies:
goodbaby
Mortal
posted 14 August 2003 07:25 PM EDT (US)     1 / 9       
I got this constantly and it kills my slingers.
I dont know how to avoid this but be more careful when shift clicking.
lifeofluxury12
Mortal
posted 14 August 2003 07:27 PM EDT (US)     2 / 9       
wha? zooming kills your slingers? avoid using shift-click? wtf are you talking about lol??

I am life.I am luxury.I am the envy, that brings such ugly.I dont have a two-way, nor a cell-phone.My thoughts do not touch yourself alone.I am society.I strive to be the positive inside me.My opinion's are lively, used to describe me.Look at your negative, and how you live it.Dismiss the explicit in your mind and visit the bright side of community, and how you enrich it.
goodbaby
Mortal
posted 14 August 2003 07:30 PM EDT (US)     3 / 9       
Ops.
"this" = shift click on the right units...Ouch,clicked on nothing.So unit(normally slingers) will run into the crowd and be killed.
Fenrir_Achilles
Mortal
posted 14 August 2003 07:38 PM EDT (US)     4 / 9       
make armies banners out of the units it really hlps in micro
Higher_Force
Mortal
posted 14 August 2003 08:30 PM EDT (US)     5 / 9       
The problem with the zoom feature is this:

In a battle that requires superior micro skills to win, then you are likely fighting an opponent who is also Mico-Controlling his units. In this situation, speed is absolutly crucial. Hitting the zoom key not only takes a second to do, it also reduces the amount of units you can see at once, and makes it such that a fleeing unit leaves you view frame very quickly.

Even though you may be more accurate with your click, I don't think the extra time wasted compensates for the added accuracy.

Although, sometimes it helps to do your shift clicking before the battle starts. Double click a slinger and then shift click a bunch of his rangies before they scatter and start fighting (i.e. while they are still in formation)

"He who fails to seek, seeks to fail"

--Menion (member of the NoFx Clan)

Caden_the_Cruel
Mortal
posted 14 August 2003 08:32 PM EDT (US)     6 / 9       
When things get wild like that I've started boxing the whole army and then clicking on the "slinger" icon (or whatever) at the bottom to select them all.

AOM:TT Nick:CADENtheCRUEL, CADENtheBLUE
Rating: Isis 1750, Ra 1700
"Ancestors last for a minute, but Crocs last forever..."
lifeofluxury12
Mortal
posted 14 August 2003 08:51 PM EDT (US)     7 / 9       
Im going to go w/ achilles on this one.From now on I will reserve teams 5-7 for my armies right b4 I go into battle I will team them up- 5-cav-6-inf-7-archers is prob how I do

O...... waypoints. I tried doing that man I'm telling you they will do the first objective and then just shoot whatever they want after

[This message has been edited by lifeofluxury12 (edited 08-14-2003 @ 08:53 PM).]

leandro
Mortal
posted 14 August 2003 10:32 PM EDT (US)     8 / 9       
You can double-click the unit you're trying to select instead of boxing all units and selecting icon. It's harder to pull of when your units are moving around though.

Anyone ever get this problem? When shift-clicking your ranged units on enemy units...If you happen to shift-click an enemy unit, and that enemy unit is killed before the ranged units get to attack it, then the ranged units will then walk over to the point where the enemy unit used to be rather than just attacking the next unit that you shift-clicked.

Meto
Mortal
posted 15 August 2003 05:38 AM EDT (US)     9 / 9       
i use 1-5 as hotkeys for my army with pharaoh on 5 usually, or priests or siege.

and then i devide up into what they counter.
so i will have ca and slinger in 2 different groups

and then infantry on 1 and 2 (playing egypt) and slinger on 3, then maybe ca or siege or something other on 4 and 5.

but 1 thing that i guess a lot of people dont use, is if i mass slingers as set, i will use more groups, since it is no use to have 40 slingers in same group, the target will be dead long before all of them have fired, so i use 2-3 groups.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames