You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Discussion

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » Beating Computer on Hard with 1v2 or 1v3
Bottom
Topic Subject:Beating Computer on Hard with 1v2 or 1v3
DanS3
Mortal
posted 22 March 2004 02:31 AM EDT (US)         
Okay, first off I'll admit I actually enjoy the challenge of beating the computer opponent - plus I'd like to be able to beat multiple computer opponents before I'll feel comfortable taking on humans.

Anyway, here's my problem: I used to be able to easily beat up on the computer in AOE in 1v7 mode. Obviously, a lot has changed in AoM so my old strategies don't work (like you can't just walk up to enemy TC and build a harassing guard tower anymore).

I can beat up on the computer every time in 1v1 on "hard" using a harassment / rush strategy, but I always get killed in 1v2. I just can't seem to build up *two* harrassing forces quickly enough. And if you can't harrass them, you sure as heck can't outbuild them. And there's no way I can figure out to defend against two full-sized attacking armies at once. (I can't even contemplate trying 1v3 at this point...)

Is it even possible to win 1v2 or 1v3 on Hard level? What do you need to do beat multiple computer opponents? I'm at my wits end...

AuthorReplies:
goso88
Mortal
posted 22 March 2004 02:43 AM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
Well, since i've never tried 1vs2 on hard comp before, i really don't have that much to contribute. Only that it is possible, and when you get past a certain level, its very easy. Or so some ppl say...personally i am a noob, so i dont know how this is so. Hm, i should go try it out right now. But it is possible-- i know that much.
ZeusThorOranos
Mortal
posted 22 March 2004 06:59 AM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
its possible....
MR2 Pilot
Mortal
posted 22 March 2004 11:53 AM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
It's simple actually. Wall in, defend and take them on one at a time. This is only possible on some of the maps. Also, some maps like River Nile or Islands make it much simpler.

It's easier to defeat 2 Hards than 1 Titan, due to the 100% handicap the Titan gets, allowing it to age up very rapidly.

FAILURE is not an option, it comes bundled with the software.
The graduate with a science degree asks, "Why does it work ?"
The graduate with an engineering degree asks, "How does it work ?"
The graduate with an accounting degree asks, "How much will it cost ?"
The graduate with an arts degree asks, "Do you want fries with that ?"
Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.
Leroy_Snodgrass
Mortal
posted 22 March 2004 11:59 AM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
you can beat the computer on hard if you want to you need to play Age of Mythologies 2.5 hours more a day than you usually do - then you will achieve that which you desire, complete and utter destruction of 2 computerized opponents! Then you will be the Master and Commander - the computer will assume the position of the Rear Admiral.
Amask
Mortal
posted 22 March 2004 04:50 PM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
One option is to put walls around your base, preferably capturing a large chunk of the map, and leave only a small opening, and put some towers there (I made a large labyrinth of walls once, and while the enemy was walking through it 15 towers and some forts were shooting at him) No one passed through. When you get to heroic, you can also build a couple forts there. Try to grab as many settlements as you can as fast as you can, because you'll need a strong economy and a large army to defeat multiple opponents. Then just kill them one by one. If you feel confident you can also try to take out one of the enemies early one with some sort of rush or fh.
KataklysM
Mortal
posted 22 March 2004 04:58 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
i think its easiest just to rush one guy and take him out, then play against other two
loki rush pwnz comp :O
Thors_hammer_256
Mortal
posted 23 March 2004 04:59 AM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
There should be a compulsory 'ESO rating' next to your name in these forums.

it doesn't matter what civ you are

get a good econ and advance by 6:00 latest

put up 4 rax

spam whatever, prefferably building killers (cavalry or zeus hoplites)

by 10:00 the latest you are in his base

destroy his TC, on high food maps i can do this with 20 RC at 9 minutes.

finish off his vills and he is dead

move on to the next 'hard' (LOL) computer and do the same

i can have them both beaten by 20 minutes no problems

are you rated over 1550? because if not then don't take my advice, just learn how to play

[This message has been edited by Thors_hammer_256 (edited 03-23-2004 @ 05:01 AM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames