You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Discussion

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.17 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » LOKI v. ISIS - Is there hope for the Eggy goddess?
Bottom
Topic Subject:LOKI v. ISIS - Is there hope for the Eggy goddess?
Sir Losealot
Mortal
posted 06 May 2004 00:42 AM EDT (US)         
I was in a team game me (ISIS) and my Attie partner v. LOKI - the other guy resigned.

Even though there were 2 of us - Loki eventually killed us -he had a lot of fire giants and champion military.

Is there any way to beat LOKI as an Eggy or is it hopeless. I used lots of priest on the Fire Giants and they went down quickly - my chariot archers were able to take down some infantry - however, they just kept coming like energizer bunnies.

I think this guy was rated higher as well....however, it was still frustrating.

Any key thoughts for the Eggies?

Quote:

"Defeat should never be a source of discouragement but rather a fresh stimulus" - Robert South

AuthorReplies:
Antz
Mortal
posted 06 May 2004 00:54 AM EDT (US)     1 / 17       
I would rather ask the opposite...

The best clan ever is TOAO Clan!
bischoje
Mortal
posted 06 May 2004 02:00 AM EDT (US)     2 / 17       
I am not criticizing Sir Losealot, but I would guess that your trouble beating this opponent was not due to his god choice, but simply because he was a better player. Normally, if a Loki lets an Isis go Mythic, the Loki is in trouble.

Don't give up, keep trying. Unfortunately sometimes experienced players decide to crash rookie games. Hopefully you can watch the recorded game and learn from their strategies and your mistakes.

Best of luck!

Johnny_Deppig
Mortal
posted 06 May 2004 07:28 AM EDT (US)     3 / 17       

Quote:

Is there any way to beat LOKI as an Eggy or is it hopeless

Id like too respond to thids, but mi myind still in shok cant writje now,.flslv

ipso
Mortal
posted 06 May 2004 08:30 AM EDT (US)     4 / 17       
if isis does a fh, and loki rushes, loki would probably win, but i dont think thats what your talking about
WILHELM_II
Mortal
posted 06 May 2004 08:42 AM EDT (US)     5 / 17       
Mummies kill the fire giants

send 6 mummy's to any myth army and they are dead.

6 minions attacking them, while the mummy regenerates to turn the leftovers into minions... the same goes for all soldiers.get the hersir with axemne. Petsuchos perform well too vs Fire Giants.

FAC ID
Antz
Mortal
posted 06 May 2004 09:30 AM EDT (US)     6 / 17       
Can you tell me how Loki can kill Isis? When I try to rush an Isis I allways lose...

inner_bliss
Mortal
posted 06 May 2004 10:45 AM EDT (US)     7 / 17       
MAss priests, research Nepythis (spelling?!) teach and defend your gold resources well then mass priestslike there is no tomorrow..

You Guys Know I Like Gaia and Hades... Why?
Because I like to play defensive... Why?
Because I like to boom... Why?
Because I like to win... Why?
Because I like to kick a**... Why?
Because...err...hmm... I don't Know!
ipso
Mortal
posted 06 May 2004 10:49 AM EDT (US)     8 / 17       
if you do a hersir rush at 5-6 mins, and the isis player is fh'ing, there will be no army, only towers with no oil, until about 7-8 mins, when they will get 13 units that your units counter (mu vs hersir, anyone?). if you take out their gold villies and tower, then they wont be able to get a migdol up, and the worst you can expect is mabe 5-10 axemen, alot later than usual. this is why, if you fight an isis player as loki, they probably wont fh.
Antz
Mortal
posted 06 May 2004 10:58 AM EDT (US)     9 / 17       
Yeah they usually spam their classical troops and go for a semi-FH (around 10 minutes) so I'm toast...

I've heard it is better to play like Odin/Thor and raid vs Eggy and Hades but that is hard without valks...

[This message has been edited by Antz (edited 05-06-2004 @ 11:01 AM).]

ipso
Mortal
posted 06 May 2004 11:00 AM EDT (US)     10 / 17       
that just means you arent fighting noob players
Antz
Mortal
posted 06 May 2004 11:02 AM EDT (US)     11 / 17       
I'm around 1650 rating (I play TT).

ipso
Mortal
posted 06 May 2004 11:06 AM EDT (US)     12 / 17       
ok, replace noob with dumb, if you like
Pug
Mortal
posted 06 May 2004 05:52 PM EDT (US)     13 / 17       
Since most eggy players will have preists and a pharoh, plus towers to defend against your myth units, raid for a bit with a handful of rc while you blast your econ and get a larger mass of mixed units to attack with. I play eggy quite a bit and its fairly easy to defend against 2 einherjars and 3-4 hersirs rushing at 515. You beat those back, hit classical and spam a few axmen/spearmen/slingers and remove their foreward base. But come with enough units to make it a fight and a good econ to continue creating units you can take out his costly priests and then use myth units more.

Holy crap, I just read the topic. Isis should rock Loki most of the time. Duh, hes gonna rush so just do a faster classical than normal...(more on food) make a few axemen to counter his Hersirs, priests to take out his myth units. Add a few spears for his couple of rc. Get crencellations.

R.I.P Shiva

[This message has been edited by Pug (edited 05-06-2004 @ 05:58 PM).]

huangys
Mortal
posted 06 May 2004 06:12 PM EDT (US)     14 / 17       
I have trouble as an Isis player also, a Loki rush just kiils me, I did try the semi-fast heroic, but he already have map countrol, so I lost. >_<
badger_of_set
Mortal
posted 07 May 2004 00:19 AM EDT (US)     15 / 17       
"Can Isis beat Loki?"

Is the Pope Catholic?

Do bears #### in the woods?

Is water wet?

You simply are a novice player (no offence, just stating a fact) if you struggle with isis vs loki OR your opponent is just better then you.

Some general things you can do.

First, Advance at 530 on land map with balanced economy. Go with anubis for snakes (will help you win the first crucial battle.)

Then, make axemen and spearmen if you are on a food rich map and axemen and slingers if on an oasis type map. Add slingers in later regardless (realize that he will be very unlikely to use TA early on but will undoubtably use them later.) Alternatively, you can keep it simple and just make axemen.

Make 4 priests (most important thing you do.)

Use pharaoh when you fight (lotsa myth units when facing Loki.)

Save prosperity for when you've exhausted your heardables/huntables/gatherables and need gold to slap down about 16 farms ASAP.

Raid with anubites (2 at a time.) Its OK if you don't kill any vills, just keep them running away from you. Thats good enough (running vills are better then dead vills b/c they take up pop and contribute nothing.)

Hope that helps

Honestly, though once you get proficient in Isis you will be embarassed you made this post

ZeusThorOranos
Mortal
posted 07 May 2004 06:20 AM EDT (US)     16 / 17       
Loki will not even RUSH Isis if he made use of his SPY GP well...i think ur enemy saw lot of flaws inside your base and concluded he have the advantage to rape you bad...

This Loki Guy beat you in mythic what happened to you during classical to mythic??? being raided and he had slaughtering frenzy during that ages??? did you went anubis-hathor-thot???? its really hard to beat Loki in Mythic IMO... training time of MUs is damn quick... without nehpthys priest or mummy.. you are really doomed....

ESO Name : ZeusThorOranos - Supremacy Ratings - Death Match Ratings
ESO Name : chopstick - Supremacy Ratings - Death Match Ratings
LoH the suckiest Clan you can ever join...
NIB
Mortal
posted 07 May 2004 06:57 AM EDT (US)     17 / 17       

Quote:

I would rather ask the opposite...

Lol, so true .

Quote:

Go with anubis for snakes (will help you win the first crucial battle.)

Nope it wouldnt help. Loki makes hersirs you know and serpents are mu .

ESO name : Relaxing

Eisai ellinas? Tote ela sto www.noobwars.gr.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames