You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Discussion

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.9 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » Best god to use against Posiedon
Bottom
Topic Subject:Best god to use against Posiedon
Orion_SonY
Mortal
(id: Blackhawk0099)
posted 06 May 2004 11:26 PM EDT (US)         
I am VnX_Ristir and am enrolled in a VnX Tournament that begins Saturday. Can anyone give me some quick hints on the best gods to use agianst Posiedon. If you can suggest a good god, can you also please give me some strategies to use agianst him? Thanks.

I'm Spicy
AuthorReplies:
FlipSickle
Mortal
posted 06 May 2004 11:35 PM EDT (US)     1 / 9       
Well even though Poseidon's cavalry arn't that great, most people who are Poseidon make cavalry. So I use a Attie god like oranos and make katapeltes and turma (in case of archers) if they for some reason ahve infantry and archers then turma can somewhat kill infantry and waste archers so it's a pretty much foolproof combo. Also get a decent heroic time to take out strong greek buildings destryoers are suprisingly well in larger nubmers just take 5 or 6 and you can massacre something quite quickly. Destroyers have decent attack. bonus vs. buildings and uber armor (thought they do use hack damage they get a bonus)
a192
Mortal
posted 07 May 2004 05:29 AM EDT (US)     2 / 9       
Isis FH ... camels own both of tox & hip. Also, add some ca to raid and eat hop.
Lime the Great
Mortal
posted 07 May 2004 12:23 PM EDT (US)     3 / 9       
^^ that's too cheap

Rating - ~1700

[VnX_Lime]-[Lime_the_Great]

WILHELM_II
Mortal
posted 07 May 2004 01:11 PM EDT (US)     4 / 9       
Oranos definetly

A very good Poseidon horse killer for several reasons :

Faster, so they can keep up with hips if they wanna flee.

Go Oceanus and do Weightless Mace, and Bite of the Shark. Both imrpove attack of cavalry counters (Murmillio, Katapeltes)

Shockwave works great on horse masses. It comparison to shockwaving a mass of inf it saves about double as much time for you to do something.

Possy is a boomer. Seeing all settlements is a keen way to find out when he is beginning.

In Heroic you get the best way to even with the hipps : Theia has Poseidon's Secret and Lance of Stone.

Dryads from Hesperideas are a good way to watch your base. They have lots of LoS. It is good when you spot attacking hipps early.

Only weakness Oceanus has is the cheiro''s. If possy makes inf and you want to counter them, they will get killed by hipps. Hipps are one of the best siege-killing units in the game. Especially with the extra speed bonus from Hermes.

fanatics will tear them up as well as katas.

FAC ID
SirGrayhorn
Mortal
posted 07 May 2004 01:44 PM EDT (US)     5 / 9       
just practice with atlanteans and you could win this tournament easy

But just as the smoke cleared, a red cloak of silk burnt and battle worn blew past the fire, and from the buring embers of the catapault Sir Grayhorn emerged, Jalmal's Bain still strongly grasped in his right hand and his kite shield lined with steel pierced with arrows held high in his left. The hero had endured.
huangys
Mortal
posted 07 May 2004 04:00 PM EDT (US)     6 / 9       
Any of the Egyptians would do nicely, spearmen don't do that bad against toxotes, expecially if you go through Ptah, and Set's quicker barrack units will let you out produce him. Isis' FH will work also.
Tordenskiold
Mortal
posted 07 May 2004 04:23 PM EDT (US)     7 / 9       
What is the greatest strength Poseidon has ??

Cavalry !!

Who has the best cavalry counter in the game ??

Atlanteans (Katapelts)

So Oranos or Kronos will do nicely

Remember to always pick Prometeus because he will make centaurs and you will need valor to stop those from killing your expensive citizens.

TORDENSKIOLD(1690-1720)

During the Great Nordic War (1700-1720), he was commander of the danish navy, which defeaded the swedish army at Kristiania (modern Oslo). After the war, he was killed in a duel on Nov. 12, 1720 just outside Hamburg, Germany, during a travel to England.

ESO: TORDENSKIOLD
lessthanjakeman9
Mortal
posted 07 May 2004 04:39 PM EDT (US)     8 / 9       
Be eggy, put houses around the towers, get crenellations, spam spearmen and just outmass him. Get to heroic take map control and spam migdols.

[This message has been edited by lessthanjakeman9 (edited 05-07-2004 @ 04:39 PM).]

Tireseas
Mortal
posted 08 May 2004 02:31 AM EDT (US)     9 / 9       
If I were a possy player (which I am) I would personally use hipps very sparingly. Maybe throw up a stable or two early classic only to get about 5-6 hipps to raid them with, mislead them to think i'm going mass hipps or tox/hipps mix.

then i bust out the barracks and mass hoplites. not exactly powerful, but fun for a suprise, and stands up better against the anti-cav my enemy is sure to make than my hipps would have...

And here I stand, happy to have composed yet another non-contributing post

ESO NAME: Tireseas
I play Greek to the death! Not by choice, understand, thats just how the games seem to play out...

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames