You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Discussion

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.17 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » Completely Bizzare Strat
Bottom
Topic Subject:Completely Bizzare Strat
Aikidoka_Molinjir
Mortal
(id: Nike_Molinjir)
posted 08 May 2004 03:45 PM EDT (US)         
One of my friends and I came up with this rather random but very useful strat not too long ago.

Player 1 goes only on eco and defense, mainly eco, constantly gives resources to Player2 (who is usually norse) who advances to classic very,very early (3:00-4:00 min). Then player2 proceeds to decimate opponent, who is still in archiac, either destroying or seriously damaging his eco. Same goes for the other opposing player who has to do partially eco, partial mil to keep going. The most important thing about this strat is to attack really early.
If you can remove a TC before they hit classic, they are in serious trouble. Most will simply resign.

Counters to this strat.
Heavy turtling, really early, or, if you are the second player, attack the eco guy on the team using the strat. Then the attacker will be stuck with no resources, and a balanced army attacking.

This is only an goofy thought for a strat though. I tried it twice with a friend, and won both times because nobody expected it.
Hope it is not too random

AuthorReplies:
ipso
Mortal
posted 08 May 2004 03:53 PM EDT (US)     1 / 17       
yea, i kinda thought of doing this, but couldnt find anyone who would do it with me

see how high you can get with it, id be interested

also, try making the attacking player thor, so they can do a dwarve build and get to classic even earlier

Quircus
Mortal
posted 08 May 2004 04:08 PM EDT (US)     2 / 17       
The problem with doing this without Shared Resources Enabled, is the Villager Cap Limit. Once Player A has the maximum amount of Villagers, your economy will dramatically fall behind the enemy's. Also, if the enemy survives the initial onslaught, they will attack the economic player, with hardly any defences...
Aikidoka_Molinjir
Mortal
posted 08 May 2004 04:21 PM EDT (US)     3 / 17       
Excellent arguments. I said, norse, yes thor would be the best.
Quircus, the idea is to attack before Anyone has gotten to the vil limit.
Could you get the max number of vils by 5:00-8:00 min?
It is a fairly quick killer, kinda like an uber-rush or a Ra Vil Shifting Sands tc archiac killer.
The game should be over before 12:00 min.
Thanks for the comments though.
ipso
Mortal
posted 08 May 2004 05:27 PM EDT (US)     4 / 17       
if the "supplier" was either hades or ra, you could get some nice gp's (ss/snakes/pestilance/rain) and more defence, making it a little stronger
Matei
Mortal
posted 08 May 2004 05:31 PM EDT (US)     5 / 17       
Do this with Gaia being the economic player and Thor or Odin being the attacking player. Then, use Gaia's Forest + Forest Fire on the enemy Town Center to damage it by a few thousand hitpoints .

Programmer on 0 A.D., author of Norse Wars, co-author of Fort Wars.
raheal
Mortal
posted 08 May 2004 06:48 PM EDT (US)     6 / 17       
like the idea have been trying to find a partner for it. But it's easier with 3v3 with shared resources and pop
the middle guy goes heavy on eco and builds all his houses asap the other guy builds temple and advances before 3min hopefully the other guy advances by 4min the lastest while the middle guy keeps at eco and take over tcs avaible.
Aikidoka_Molinjir
Mortal
posted 08 May 2004 08:38 PM EDT (US)     7 / 17       
Thank you for the ideas. We will practice with your tips.
Sadly, both of us have vanillia, so we cannot try the Gaia trick.
I shall ask him to try the gods you mentioned.
Johnny_Deppig
Mortal
posted 09 May 2004 06:14 AM EDT (US)     8 / 17       
I asked in a thread before if anyone wanted to try my 2.10 Loki hers rush.. Noone responded then though. Tributing before markets is what keeps me from playing rated team games..
petero
Mortal
posted 09 May 2004 06:29 AM EDT (US)     9 / 17       
LOL, we did that a year ago in 3-3's in advanced
i was Loki and Zeusfollower and Icedrake8 gave me their resources
it works but you better practice a bit before you do it rated

(ESO name: Renshai)
WILHELM_II
Mortal
posted 09 May 2004 06:32 AM EDT (US)     10 / 17       
Actually funny that you post this, becouse I have a friend at school (IX_Underrmine) and we sometimes play in 2v2, we will always do this. I play Ra and he Loki, I keep gettin mass res (im Ra, duh) and he attacks mostly already at 2:50. Real effective. But you have to mention that in fishing maps (i.e anatolia i'm tlaking about most) that you have to go more on wood than usual, becouse norse need their wood for TA. All-in-all, good for you to bring it up

FAC ID
ipso
Mortal
posted 09 May 2004 08:15 AM EDT (US)     11 / 17       
nike, you wanna try it 3v3? id love to come try it with you if you want to do it, pm DA_lola and mabe we could get an advanced set up game in?
raheal
Mortal
posted 09 May 2004 09:01 AM EDT (US)     12 / 17       
hey I'd like to try also i'm located in the eastern time zone and i go by raheal on eso, so put me on friends list.
Aikidoka_Molinjir
Mortal
posted 09 May 2004 11:07 AM EDT (US)     13 / 17       
Hey guys, I'd love to test it with you guys, but I am a mac user
I will send word along if I ever switch to PC, or when I am using a PC.
I just beat a player who would be 1700+ with it.
SeaSerpant
Mortal
posted 09 May 2004 10:04 PM EDT (US)     14 / 17       
Its too hard but it only works early on or otherwise your attacker will pop out and the other 2 people on the other team will be bomming and have double teh army even if u have more updgrades rember quanity before quality. So the ecomnic person will half to make some wort of army sooner or later.
Zorn_Ot
Mortal
posted 11 May 2004 12:58 PM EDT (US)     15 / 17       
Most people call this a slingshot strat, sometimes works, but isnt as effective as just doubling or tripling your opponent. Dont use eggy as supplier of resources, their stuff costs less (tcs midgols, etc) because they gather less, so an eggy sending 200 resources to his partner is more detrimental to him than another civ sending over 200 resources, as its a higher percentage of his total gathered resources when compared to another civ at that same time in the game. Atties are best contributors, best early game eco, and they can survive without econ ups when going classical. Lets them tribute some resources and still have an ok classical age themselves.

ESO: Orion_Zorn

Proud Member of the Orion Clan!

"makes sense because if your running a race against a monkey and you die from a heart attack i don't think it should be a draw. the monkey actaully wins by default" - Sirgrayhorn

iwin_again
Mortal
posted 11 May 2004 08:10 PM EDT (US)     16 / 17       
ive done a strat similar to this and it actually worked really well. one would play as atlanteans for the uber early eco. and the other would play as zeus and just mass hops. by 4 to 5 mins, one enemy tc should already be taken out, and the atlantean postpones the adv and constantly supplies wthe zeus with resources.
Reizil
Mortal
posted 11 May 2004 11:07 PM EDT (US)     17 / 17       
I'm up to try it too if any one wants to be with me

Reizil

ESO2 name: Reizil- Major as of 7/8/06
Current Civs:Mostly Dutch but dink around with Spanish

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames