Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.26 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » Super fast Isis FH
Bottom
Topic Subject:Super fast Isis FH
lessthanjakeman9
Mortal
posted 08 May 2004 08:06 PM EDT (US)         
Ok i remember a rec game from ages ago where an isis player got to heroic at 5:29. Wouldnt it be awesome to do that then cast ancestors/eclipse on the enemy. At that point in the game theres NOTHING that could stop it. You cant use ceasefire. You dont have enough heroes if you have any at all to kill the ancestors. You wont have an army at all. Basically i think that ancestors/eclipse that early would kill ANYONE especially norse. Of course isis lost her ability to spend less on age advancement to you could probably only pull off a 5:45-5-50 heroic now.
AuthorReplies:
metroid888
Mortal
posted 08 May 2004 09:00 PM EDT (US)     1 / 26       
Holy **** thats one Fast heroic! Thats about when I get to classical! Do you still have that recorded game?
Pug
Mortal
posted 08 May 2004 09:27 PM EDT (US)     2 / 26       
Its here, ive pulled it out a few times. Its very lame though. He stops at like 15 vills totoal all thru, the he just quits the game. But yes with free myth units you can run over with a sphynx and whamo. If they rebuild your doomed though.

R.I.P Shiva
lessthanjakeman9
Mortal
posted 08 May 2004 10:42 PM EDT (US)     3 / 26       
I think that ancestors/eclipse can pretty efficiently kill your entire base if its done before 6 minutes. I mean at 6 minutes i will have maybe a tc, a temple, some houses (amount depends on civ), gathering sites and maybe 3 barracks (not even that if im eggy). In one minute anc/ecl will either take out all the vills and most of the buildings but not the tc or it will take down the tc and take down a lot of the buildings. I'd usually aim to use it to kill every villager in the base then go to kill the outer buildings. I dont care if i only have 15 vills ive already won.
Mowie666
Mortal
posted 08 May 2004 11:07 PM EDT (US)     4 / 26       
I just did 6:30 with 16 vills.. 11 -5.. but I guess 10-5 is all thats needed, as i had way too much gold..
lessthanjakeman9
Mortal
posted 08 May 2004 11:38 PM EDT (US)     5 / 26       
The odin FH was along the same lines. Get to heroic at about 6:30 (pretty easy with a lot of hunting i did it first time i tried) and cast walking woods. At that point in the game it will really hurt them. But this is far superior.
Mowie666
Mortal
posted 08 May 2004 11:53 PM EDT (US)     6 / 26       
question is do you go for TC or just slaughter vills.. cause good player will garrison
lessthanjakeman9
Mortal
posted 09 May 2004 01:08 AM EDT (US)     7 / 26       
I would go for the vills and if he garrisons kill as many as possible then go for outer buildings since unless you attack the tc from the start its not gonna go down.

The problem with ancestors is that it takes 20 seconds for you to get every single one of them so its possible for vills to run away if you cast it on them and its possible for heroes to systematically kill them as they appear.

BTW i just tried it and on watering hole my best is a 6 minute 3 second heroic (this is on vanilla so isis still has age advancement bonus) However i think i could pull it off sooner.

[This message has been edited by lessthanjakeman9 (edited 05-09-2004 @ 01:11 AM).]

Mowie666
Mortal
posted 09 May 2004 01:34 AM EDT (US)     8 / 26       
cool how many vills? Cause theoretically, they are better off unless you leave them with less than 15 vills since they'd still have 2 god powers more then u afterwards..
Pug
Mortal
posted 09 May 2004 08:29 AM EDT (US)     9 / 26       
best go for the tc first. Its too much micro to chase vills down if they are running in different directions. AT least the tc stays still.

R.I.P Shiva
ipso
Mortal
posted 09 May 2004 08:41 AM EDT (US)     10 / 26       
nope, ancestor minions go for villies or units firse, until directed at something, and with their speed, they can kill a fair few without you having to micro.
lessthanjakeman9
Mortal
posted 09 May 2004 11:07 AM EDT (US)     11 / 26       
The thing is that if you cast ancestors on the tc then the tc will only go down and you wont kill anything else. Now at this point all they have to do is rebuild it and your eco already sucks so they will win. On the other hand if you take out their villagers and buildings they are screwed.
Pug
Mortal
posted 09 May 2004 05:05 PM EDT (US)     12 / 26       
but Ive done it a few times and I can have two rax pumping out spears non stop as soon as I hit heroic. Actually you can boom like mad just making spears at 20 gold each.

R.I.P Shiva
eeblewee
Mortal
posted 10 May 2004 08:26 AM EDT (US)     13 / 26       
I take a sphinx or two and a scorpion man (plus some spears/slings support) before doing the ancestors/eclipse move on a TC. After all, they're MU's with good attack vs buildings, combined with minions attacking, the TC can be down quite quick and then he's got one less place to garrison those villies. It's usually a mop-up operation after the TC has bit the dust

mmmmm... beeeeeer....
Sephlock
Mortal
posted 10 May 2004 09:24 AM EDT (US)     14 / 26       
How in the name of sweet smelly underpants is that possible? I can START going heroic at that time, but REACHING heroic? Where is this recording? On what page of the list of recs?
Pug
Mortal
posted 10 May 2004 12:27 PM EDT (US)     15 / 26       
its was back in vanilla before isis' age up time was nerffed. Yeah the best I can do is about 6:30. The rec is here at aomh. last time i had to look for quite some time.

R.I.P Shiva
Sephlock
Mortal
posted 10 May 2004 02:49 PM EDT (US)     16 / 26       
I'm playing vanilla, and I can't get near that time... argh
lessthanjakeman9
Mortal
posted 10 May 2004 03:51 PM EDT (US)     17 / 26       
Only put 5 vills on gold and put like 10 on food. Use prosperity and have the pharoah empower building of the armory.

btw i just searched for isis on this site and found it on one of the last pages

[This message has been edited by lessthanjakeman9 (edited 05-10-2004 @ 03:54 PM).]

Pug
Mortal
posted 10 May 2004 07:29 PM EDT (US)     18 / 26       
I cant watch vanilla games for some reason. Could you post the bo for that. It would be fun in non rated team games.

R.I.P Shiva
Pug
Mortal
posted 10 May 2004 07:29 PM EDT (US)     19 / 26       
although this goes against the golden rule of non stop villager production.

R.I.P Shiva
Arsene
Mortal
posted 11 May 2004 00:40 AM EDT (US)     20 / 26       
If vs a norse, demolish the tc and kill all oxcart, that will be gg. Even if he has 1 oxcart left, it will still be very inefficient to gtehr resources. And likely he won't have enough resouirces to rebuild the TC.

If vs a greek, bet that at 530 he is spending all woods to build military buildings. So take down the TC and demolish all the storage pit, gg also.

If it happens that he didn't finish advacing to classical, gg again.

Sounds easy =)

Thors_hammer_256
Mortal
posted 11 May 2004 03:31 AM EDT (US)     21 / 26       
that super fast heroic is BEFORE isis' age up techs got nerfed. They now aren't icluded in Isis' 10% reduction for techs, which can make a difference of anywhere between 30 seconds to 1 minute of a difference (so now probably your fastest could be 6 minutes). But that seems highly highly highly unlikely. You would have about 10 vills on food and 5 on gold and need a good hunting map. I suppose you would have to waste prosperity too.

But it's not worth it, ancestors ecplipse could be devastating but since your econ is crappy they can just rebuild.

Pug
Mortal
posted 11 May 2004 08:11 AM EDT (US)     22 / 26       
Ive been practising this and as soon as you hit the button to age up for heroic, auto q vills again, build two rax and auto que spearmen from both. you only need 5 on gold cause spears are cheap on gold. Spam vills to food and youll be caught back up in no time.

R.I.P Shiva
lessthanjakeman9
Mortal
posted 11 May 2004 03:38 PM EDT (US)     23 / 26       
you can take down his tc then as hes trying to build up again run in with your newly made spearmen and kill gathering buildings.
Matei
Mortal
posted 11 May 2004 04:14 PM EDT (US)     24 / 26       
How do you spam vils and spearmen if you run out of food though? The hunting/berries/sheep near your base are bound to run out pretty soon into Heroic, and then you have to switch to farming, which is expensive.

Programmer on 0 A.D., author of Norse Wars, co-author of Fort Wars.
Thors_hammer_256
Mortal
posted 12 May 2004 08:06 AM EDT (US)     25 / 26       
^yes^
eeblewee
Mortal
posted 12 May 2004 08:18 AM EDT (US)     26 / 26       
don't run out of food

mmmmm... beeeeeer....
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to: