You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Discussion

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.12 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » the weakness of atte villies
Bottom
Topic Subject:the weakness of atte villies
fenrisbrood
Mortal
posted 09 May 2004 00:13 AM EDT (US)         
4 some reason i'm still hearing alot of people having a cry about atte villagers being to OP in comparrison 2 other villies, This is true in 1on1 terms but I personly find 3 weaker villies alot more effective then 1 strong 1, Take for instance late in the game when gold mining camps are usually far away from defences 1 of my favourite thingz 2 do is to send in a few instant kill myth units and keep mauling there villies kind of like raiding but a much more effective way to force them 2 upgrade defence. Atte villies are classed as 3 villies from other civz meaning an operation with 3 atte miners is the same as an eggie 1 with 9. 3 argus wandering in to the atte camp will leave all the inhabitants melting in and acidic doom costing the player 375 food and 50 wood, on the other hand in the eggie camp itz likely only 3 would perish b4 the others had time to get out costin them only 150 food + they can b recovered alot more quickly. Even though most games are decided well b4 mythic the loss is much bigger 4 an atte player in a stale mated game not 2 mention greek cyclopz can use this in an almost rushing fashion.

Early in games atte players bring ther villagers out at only 0.33 of the efficentcy of ther counterparts meaning they have 2 b alot more careful how they use the few villies they have in the begining. if a manor is needed they are forced ultimitely to give up 3 villies to build it not 1 as ther counterparts would do. There production times and lack of number can also hurt them after a raid has depleted some of ther villies and ther trying 2 get more quickly 2 build defence,get more offence structures up, repair and continue gathering res

Of course atte villagers have several advantages as well such as uber gathering times and the lack of dependcy on drop sites and this thread was not written to make atte villagers seem weak or underpowered. Itz merely ther 2 show to those who find them op that they r not with out ther disadvantages and i'm sure there is many more and I hope people will add other problems with villies which can hinder an atte player

AuthorReplies:
Etendorf
Mortal
posted 09 May 2004 00:51 AM EDT (US)     1 / 12       
(Trying hard not to flame and stay constructive)

Quote:

still hearing alot of people having a cry about atte villagers being to OP in comparrison 2 other villies

People whining about it is bad, but attie vils are greater than other vils. There have been many threads here that have enough information to prove this.

You have some wrong information in your post

Quote:

Atte villies are classed as 3 villies from other civz meaning an operation with 3 atte miners is the same as an eggie 1 with 9. 3 argus wandering in to the atte camp will leave all the inhabitants melting in and acidic doom costing the player 375 food and 50 wood, on the other hand in the eggie camp itz likely only 3 would perish b4 the others had time to get out costin them only 150 food + they can b recovered alot more quickly.

1. Atties vils take 3 pop but gather roughly 2.5 times the speed. The are also at 2.5 times the train time, and 2.5 times the cost in food. the .5 pop is made up by being on average that fast by not having to require drop sites, but that also is why they cost 25 wood.
2.No myth unit has a special that can kill a vil in TT. In AOM, the mino had his special which werced against vils, but it doesn't werc in TT, and if it did, it would'nt kill an attie vil anyway, as they have more hitpoints.
3.3x an attie vil doesn't equal 375 food and 50 wood. It equals 375 food and 75 wood.
4.If it were an eggie gold mine, 3 argus attacking it would mean 3 dead argus, as most likely they have the camp under empowerment, and a preist or pharoah owns myth units.
5.Myth units die to hero attie vils, and hero attie vils can be created on the spot.
6.The big advantage of attie vils is that they have manors to garrison immediatly into on sign of an attack. This fact on itself makes it a pain to try to raid atties. It makes it seem that it is just as hard to raid an attie gold mine in classical as hard as it is to raid farms around a tc in mythic.

So, nice work on trying to find a solution to fighting superior vils, but this doesn't work. The best thing anymore in terms of raiding atties in classic is having some of them that are on a far away gold mine with only a manor being hit by some zeus hops.

fenrisbrood
Mortal
posted 09 May 2004 02:05 AM EDT (US)     2 / 12       
i admitt I am new 2 the titans and i could of done mi hw and with the infomation youve brought up this thead is pretty much useless i didn't knoo u could garison stuff in the manor ;\, I did relize about turning atte villies into heroz but I usually play team gamez with mi friend who usez ra so I can alwayz evac when i'm doing raidz or concentrated attacks with expensive units and then the other play would b left with hero villiez which rnt very cost efficent,

;\ i dunno y i put 50 wood either quite shooooocking

Just 1 last note: Argus instant kill special DOES work on villagers i havn't tried the other instant kill myth units so I dont know but I did play a game vs eggy where i used argus special 2 kill villies building a midgol

[This message has been edited by fenrisbrood (edited 05-09-2004 @ 02:10 AM).]

Jet_Set_Jim
Mortal
posted 09 May 2004 07:26 AM EDT (US)     3 / 12       
Fenrisbrood, no offence but please write in proper English. Otherwise your argument, which may be valid, comes across as the rantings of a ten year old who's just discovered text messaging on his mobile phone.

I've done a lot of things that I'm not proud of.
And the things that I am proud of are disgusting.
Etendorf
Mortal
posted 09 May 2004 09:56 AM EDT (US)     4 / 12       
Yeah, I am sorry, it was just so that happened right after I posted myself. Except minos, I saw the argus and the Cyclops use their special on greek vils, so I would assume it works on atties too.

Also, it would be smart to notice that an Attie vil hero is a very expensive solution to counter one myth unit. You have to pay alot of resources to hero your vil, and then a myth unit seems to be able to do plenty of damage anyway to the vil, and the vil can't really chase the myth unit if it runs away either.

Darth Persia
Banned
posted 09 May 2004 10:00 AM EDT (US)     5 / 12       
I've tried raiding attie villie brfore. It usually doesn't work. they have alot of hp and unless you're in mythic, it'll be tough to kill those villies in any reasonable time.
Johnny_Deppig
Mortal
posted 09 May 2004 10:24 AM EDT (US)     6 / 12       
True that you cant kill them easily, but you really dont have to either, the big point of raiding is do disrupt econ. And you can kill them btw if you micro units to go around them and block their path.

[This message has been edited by Johnny_Deppig (edited 05-09-2004 @ 10:24 AM).]

listerine
Mortal
posted 09 May 2004 12:38 PM EDT (US)     7 / 12       
keeping them garrisoned in a manor is almost as good as killing them.
eeblewee
Mortal
posted 10 May 2004 08:20 AM EDT (US)     8 / 12       
true - even back in vanilla, raiding was about disruption and taking a couple of villies out was a bonus, not the whole point. harass harasss harass !!!

btw I see far too much "txt msg stylee" posts in forums these days.. sort it out, kids - you just look stupid.

mmmmm... beeeeeer....
Regalto
Mortal
posted 10 May 2004 05:56 PM EDT (US)     9 / 12       
i agree about the shortcuts
Yall sound like a bunch of IM dorks
OK post, but i agree with wut other people said
keep trying
iam_Chrono_J
Mortal
posted 11 May 2004 00:28 AM EDT (US)     10 / 12       
The problem most lower skilled players have with raiding atlant vills is that they don't know how to 'mob'. Quite simply, mobbing is surrounding the villager, preventing him from retreating. For civilizations that raid with cavalry, this is quite easy to pull off. This works alot better than having the front raider attack the villager; nothing will stop the vil from running away.
fenrisbrood
Mortal
posted 11 May 2004 04:03 AM EDT (US)     11 / 12       
None of you seem to get what i'm saying in the first place, I was showing that because attez have less then a 1/3 of other villagers in numbers concentrated attacks on a single villager, by using something like an argus or cylcops and then retreating hurtz an atte player much more because there numbers are diminished and they also take much longer to build. In a water map droping off 5 cylcops in a transport close to a previously discovered gold mine or fores,t letting them recharge there special, then instant killing 5 of the villies and retreating alot more effective if they've only got 3-5 high priced villagers there to begin with rather then 10.

Btw: op,up,imo,fh,ft,gp,atte,eggy,villie, ;\ even btw In case you havn't noticed yet there all terms i've heard in these forums even you eeblewee, yes you starting your message with btw last time i checked it was a short cut not a word gezz sort it out kid, you guys need to either get with the times or stop condridicting your self by calling us
"IM dorks" I'm dorks doesn't exactly make sense i belive you might of been refering to Instant message

[This message has been edited by fenrisbrood (edited 05-11-2004 @ 04:07 AM).]

Darth Persia
Banned
posted 11 May 2004 01:16 PM EDT (US)     12 / 12       
I can only speak as an Eggy player, but

1. Eggys have no instant kill MU's in Heroic or classical

2. No calvary in Classical for eggy

3. Eggies don't have the greatest economy in classical and archaic

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames