You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Discussion

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.9 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » An insane (but interesting) idea
Bottom
Topic Subject:An insane (but interesting) idea
Dax105
Mortal
posted 11 May 2004 09:50 PM EDT (US)         
After looking at some mad strats people have thought up of and unusual tactics, I came up with an unusual idea.

I prefer to think of it as Ra Sphinx raiding

Now I know must of you think are asking how such a crazy concept could work. Well, that's why I said it's insane. Although it sounds like it actually could be done.

Picture this: You start as Ra by making some farms in Archaic and invoking Rain. Keeping some villagers on gold and a few on wood. You hit Classical under Bast and make Sphinxs with any excess food and favor you have. You make about 4 or 5 sphinxs and send them off. Now unupgraded sphinxs are wimps. But what do their improvements cost? Wood. What do you think Axe of Wadjzet is for? Since you left some vills on gold, you reasearch that and Basts Cats to increase food production. Four upgraded Sphinxs can cause a lot of damage to building and are fast. You could do hit-and-run tactics to hurt his economy or take out some buildings. Now here's how you can do SERIOUS damage. You cast eclipse before you attack him. Eclipsed Sphinxs are powerful, more so when upgraded. You could probably reek damage on his towers and if your opponents a real idiot, take down his TC early! If all fails, use the Sphinxs to keep your opponent distracted and hit heroic. Maybe throw a villie rush in somehow.

Yes this is insane. Still it seems like an idea that could work. It utilizes all of Bast and could do some damage. Yes, their are several {hundred} flaws with this {Heroes, Monuments, Cost, rushes etc.} But what are insane strat ideas for?

AuthorReplies:
SeaSerpant
Mortal
posted 11 May 2004 10:07 PM EDT (US)     1 / 9       
Ya I have also thought of this before its kind of harder than it sounds.

Even though i don't like Isis. It would work best with her. because If you try it see if you can do kind of a FH because this strat would become even more uber if you could get ancestors. A sphinx raid with ancestors would be a good hit on your opponet. The only problem it would be harder with Ra. My opinion though.

Mowie666
Mortal
posted 11 May 2004 10:50 PM EDT (US)     2 / 9       
It works good vs atlantean.... keep priest at home to be healing spring.. your other troop should be slingers.. once massed, they do *ok* vs attie classical
Shiva
HG Alumnus
posted 12 May 2004 08:30 AM EDT (US)     3 / 9       
This is like the Isis Anubite raiding, which is really effective on Water maps; btw.

.¸¸.· · .¸¸.·´ §hïvå | RágeOfHaemòn · .¸¸.· · .¸¸.·
« . ° ¤ Scenario Designer | Woad Creations ¤ º . »
Mowie666
Mortal
posted 12 May 2004 08:35 AM EDT (US)     4 / 9       
I don't think late game Ra myth unit spamming has been fully explored yet.. 5 monuments, temple empowered for quick production, yowza
Fwiffo del desierto
Mortal
(id: Fwiffo)
posted 12 May 2004 11:13 AM EDT (US)     5 / 9       
I can't think of any mu you'd really want to spam though. Mummies can be very nasty under eclipse, but a couple of heros will cut them to pieces easily. Avengers are a nice unit, but you really need mummies if you want to counter those high pierce mus. Crocs you don't need 5 monuments for, scarabs are kind of pointless since you already have uber seige. Spamming wadjets in mythic would be just plain idiotic, I guess spamming upgraded sphinxes might work decently.

And for the topic, yes, that works pretty well vs attie, finding a clump of attie vils with a pack of sphinxes and casting locust swarm maybe could be gg

Everyone got AIDS and shit

[This message has been edited by Fwiffo (edited 05-12-2004 @ 11:15 AM).]

ipso
Mortal
posted 12 May 2004 02:14 PM EDT (US)     6 / 9       
anubites > sphinx' in this IMO. i had a handy little thing going where you get 2 anubies (and the free one) on hitting classic, explore a bit, find their hunting, cast snakes and attack. you can kill the entire group easily, as the snakes block them from running away, and the anubites just jump over them. it still fails compared to ancest+ eclipse though, so i stick to that. if i ever went set though....

[This message has been edited by ipso (edited 05-12-2004 @ 02:14 PM).]

Shiva
HG Alumnus
posted 12 May 2004 03:13 PM EDT (US)     7 / 9       

Quote:

anubites > sphinx' in this IMO.

Oh, I know. His strat just reminded me of that.

.¸¸.· · .¸¸.·´ §hïvå | RágeOfHaemòn · .¸¸.· · .¸¸.·
« . ° ¤ Scenario Designer | Woad Creations ¤ º . »
ca_aok
Mortal
posted 14 May 2004 12:16 PM EDT (US)     8 / 9       
This isnt the first One of the ES guys made a strat called the "Rhinx" (Ra spHINX attack). It was fairly similar to this, using Rain and such to hoard the necessary food.

|Ca_aok|HG Seraph wannabe|
|{ca_aok@hotmail.com}|
|{ESO2: [EEX] ca_aok}|
O-- Member of EEX, and former member of LKS --O
In the Darkness, there is Light, in the Old, there is New.
From the Void a New Star rises, Shining down for Me and You.
SirGrayhorn
Mortal
posted 14 May 2004 12:52 PM EDT (US)     9 / 9       
yeah the sphinx rush is not a new strat. it is an actual strat in the first vanilla guide to the game. i tried it when it first came out and it was almost over powering until people began hitting classical faster.

it can still work now especially because the new generation of vanilla players most def would not expect 2-3 sphinx at there base around 6-7 mins into the game. in vanilla myth units are so much harder to create and most people do not use them alot. i think egyptian are equiped for myth spamming so this strat is useful with them.

i would not try it against a Loki, Zeus or Isis thou. they seem equiped for that kind of assault. especially the egyptian who have the pharoe and other preist. and loki can generate more myth and is attacking first most times, and zeus has odeyseus and jason, they are strong and not very expensive classical wise and could kill the sphinx way to fast.

still a good strat thou.

But just as the smoke cleared, a red cloak of silk burnt and battle worn blew past the fire, and from the buring embers of the catapault Sir Grayhorn emerged, Jalmal's Bain still strongly grasped in his right hand and his kite shield lined with steel pierced with arrows held high in his left. The hero had endured.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames