Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » thor
Bottom
Topic Subject:thor
odins_thief
Mortal
posted 12 May 2004 07:00 PM EDT (US)         
how do u play with thor? Do u rush with him, or is that taken away. I generally thought that all norse is suppose to rush, but im not sure if thats right anymore. Also i noticed taht alot of the top players used thor, do they rush or do they sit back a little. I have read all the guides to him, but they only really talk about his bonuses and stuff, not how to use him.

k thx

AuthorReplies:
PrtN_SIF_Ranger
Mortal
posted 12 May 2004 07:32 PM EDT (US)     1 / 3       
I might not be an expert with thor, but I have played him since day one.... Thor is prob the most versatile god for norse... I Dont like to rush with Thor, instead Ill sit back, raid, and work on map control... Thor has an uber econ, take advantage of that, also take advantage of his armory...

All norse are has the ability to do an aggresive rush in classical... but loki has the better rush out of the 3. I think the biggest strength in norse is in classic battles.

Ranger

Never turn your back to a stranger while walking the streets of a town I call home, For death awaits you
www.prtn.clans.cc

[This message has been edited by PrtN_SIF_Ranger (edited 05-12-2004 @ 07:34 PM).]

Thors_hammer_256
Mortal
posted 13 May 2004 01:38 AM EDT (US)     2 / 3       
Thor is most certainly the most versatile norse, he can rush, raid, FH, Boom you name it.

It really depends on the enemy. vs another norse player it is wise to either rush, or advance early to prepare for his rush.

against atlantean rushing or raiding are good tactics.

It's better to raid carefull and take map control (a less offensive approach) vs eggy and greeks because you can rarely rush them successfuly.

Then with your awesome econ (you should always have 100% tc build time right through to heroic age since you can build both dwarfs and gatherers) you can build all over the map and attack your enemy as you see fit.

have a few build orders at your disposal, particularly ones for high food maps; tundra, marsh, savannah, watering hole, low food maps; oasis, alfheim(well it varies) and water maps.

low food maps would usually require you to focus more on dwarfs since they will not waste your food supply away and on water maps, it's good to go mostly dwarves with 8+ on wood and most food income from the sea.

lessthanjakeman9
Mortal
posted 13 May 2004 03:48 PM EDT (US)     3 / 3       
Read my guide to thor it outlines a couple of strats. Basically with thor it depens greatly on teh civ youre against. If youre against loki for instance you should use the dwarves to get to classical very early and stop his rush.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames