You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Discussion

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.18 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » eggys vs atties who is better andwhy
Bottom
Topic Subject:eggys vs atties who is better andwhy
BanditAnubite
Mortal
posted 22 June 2004 02:47 PM EDT (US)         
well i just got titans and i like what isee in the atties but i usually play eggys should i swich civs?
AuthorReplies:
lessthanjakeman9
Mortal
posted 22 June 2004 03:38 PM EDT (US)     1 / 18       
If you liked eggy i doubt youd like any attie civ except for maybe gaia, but then shes not that good so you may not want to use her.
Osiris_the_Ruler
Mortal
posted 22 June 2004 03:39 PM EDT (US)     2 / 18       
well personally my fave civ's are Norse and Atlanteans and i think this is just one of those things where it depends what style you play, i much rather prefer Atlanteans but i also recently got TT and i have not seen somone use Eggy's in months..lol...
Osiris_the_Ruler
Mortal
posted 22 June 2004 03:42 PM EDT (US)     3 / 18       
Oh and BTW "Gaia is not good"!?. That is not true, perhaps some people dont like her style, but i love playing Gaia except when i am against Norse players. She is more of an economical player and you dont realy rush or build many soldiers early on, but as the Norse are a rushing civ it is not the greatest. Although one advantage of hers is against Kronos' timeshift. Enemies cant build on her lush and that can ensure a Kronos player cant time shift a palace or anything like that into your base
huangys
Mortal
posted 22 June 2004 05:09 PM EDT (US)     4 / 18       
it really depends on people's playstlye, personally I really like eggys, especially Isis. atlantean is easier to master though.

By the way, Gaia might not be the best civ, but whe can boom and play defensively and advance very quickly and get a titan ASAP. Also, many people say you can use lush to take over gold mines and settlments.

I assure you, Gaia is very usefl in team games

metroid888
Mortal
posted 22 June 2004 05:30 PM EDT (US)     5 / 18       
Well, it really depends on your rating catagory. If your 1700- good atty playing can probably beat an eggy, since attys are alot easier to use at that range since eggy is more suited to experts, and atty to the noobs. But once you get past 1700, eggy will more often dominate, well except for maybe set lol.
Pug
Mortal
posted 22 June 2004 06:17 PM EDT (US)     6 / 18       
atties are so boring. Personally they dont fit aom at all.

R.I.P Shiva
choda
Mortal
posted 22 June 2004 06:20 PM EDT (US)     7 / 18       
Egypt is cool
playing with them will improve your play with all other civs

Atlantians are krust on a dung beetles ass .
Don't play them unless you want some easy unskilled wins vs players who are better than you

IX_SilverPhoenix
Mortal
posted 23 June 2004 06:35 AM EDT (US)     8 / 18       
I am a 1750 ra player and i have 2 peices of advice, i'll keep this short.

1. Do not play Atlantean, you will be hated and loathed by all other civs for playing Atlantean....and rightly so in my opinion.

2. Do not play Isis, Isis fh then A&E is damn close to impossible to stop. Isis has some very questionable bonuses thatvastly outmatch the rest of the egyptian civlisation.

Ah but i have not answered your question....to be blunt.

Atlanteans>Egyptians. try massing cheiro ballistae with a small meatshiled vs egypt...i hate that......so....much.

Btw this only works against classical egypt...after heroic it can be countered with camelry/CA.

Still, i find that startegy incredibly OP and will always campaign tro have cheiroballistae Peirce armour....nerfed. so that i can count with mass slings...

ca_aok
Mortal
posted 23 June 2004 10:11 AM EDT (US)     9 / 18       
Atties are more powerful in classical, but eggies are better in the long run (esp. Isis and Ra).

Quote:

Atlantians are krust on a dung beetles ass .
Don't play them unless you want some easy unskilled wins vs players who are better than you

He never posts at all except to bash atties.

Quote:

1. Do not play Atlantean, you will be hated and loathed by all other civs for playing Atlantean....and rightly so in my opinion.

Try phrasing it like this if you want anyone to respect you. Your way makes YOU look like the noob.

|Ca_aok|HG Seraph wannabe|
|{ca_aok@hotmail.com}|
|{ESO2: [EEX] ca_aok}|
O-- Member of EEX, and former member of LKS --O
In the Darkness, there is Light, in the Old, there is New.
From the Void a New Star rises, Shining down for Me and You.
Johnny_Deppig
Mortal
posted 23 June 2004 11:29 AM EDT (US)     10 / 18       
Umm... well since you paid for getting to play a new civ why not try them?
IAmRa
Mortal
posted 23 June 2004 12:41 PM EDT (US)     11 / 18       
Eggy.vs.Atties..depends..both civs have their strengths and weaknesses IE Eggy weak early but Strong later, Attie Stong early, weaker later(So some say)I personally don't agree

Egypt is good if you like to Turtle/Semi-fast Titan with an army or like to take a forward Tc to Merc cav out of on the offensive

Attie is good if you like to bring the pressure early and never let up while hitting a nice brisk 9:30 Herioc time with enough of an army to raid/pressure your opponent into mistakes

Attie Mythic age Siege the Fire Siphon does more damage then any other Siege Engine in the game...wouldn';t call that crap siege in my book

im gonna give Atlantean players a hintbut i have found Atties are "almost" Right on par with Greeks in Mythic Age...i'll give ya a hint

1.Econ-Atlantean Econ owns and is easy to manage and is very self-sufficent.
2.Atlantean Cav-The "overlooked" part of Atlanteans..many players just don't realize how tough the Contarious really is...especially with the Theia techs which don't cost that much...you say the cost..heck the Atlantean econ can support the Theia techs no prob..so get them...i have had countless players lately type WTF when i run them over with a Contarious+Arcus combo with Destroyers and Stymphalian Birds...if they play AGE of Buildings Valor/Heart of the Titans and Lance of Stone will ensure Buildings are dropped like a hot knife through butter hence Hero Theia Contarious ensure players can't hide behind towers/migdols while thewy boom..and Valor Contarious with Lance of stone make great TC raiders.

3.Destroyers-Sneak these guys behind enemy lines...Villes get no bonus damage against them...they can drop a TC in no time flat..10 of them in a group is not able to be stoped bye villes alone..heck even 6 merc cav and 5 villes won't kill them fast enough before they drop the TC..destroyers are there...use them! they are the only non-nerfed Herioc age siege

I still love Ra he is my fav...but Playing Atalntean is a change...i just find mostly using the Oranos 4:30 advance(Pionerred and copied from TroyBr) and hit opponent early with Turma spam especially gold and go for around a 9:30 Herioc age to finish oppoent with stymphalian birds/Destroyers/Dryads seems to work quite well

IX_SilverPhoenix
Mortal
posted 23 June 2004 12:58 PM EDT (US)     12 / 18       
hy thankyou Ca_aok, thou im not sure if slagging off the single most popular civ gets me much respect.

It seems to me...at the moment every1 plays either

Isis.
Whoranos.
Thor

With very little else....kinda odd really.

You wna tto know why i loath attie...because i jsut playd a kronos guy whu used nuthing but cheiros and turmae and owned my classic eggy...nothing works...cheiros trash everything i can bring to bear against him...axes die...spears die and slings DIE....myth units (come on...hes got valor) and dont even tell me to vil rush cuz that failed to...

As for fhing vs Kronos....when you get that miggie up, kindly tell me what hes gunna do to it *cough* DECONSTRUCTION *cough*

lessthanjakeman9
Mortal
posted 23 June 2004 02:21 PM EDT (US)     13 / 18       

Quote:

By the way, Gaia might not be the best civ, but whe can boom and play defensively and advance very quickly and get a titan ASAP. Also, many people say you can use lush to take over gold mines and settlments.

I assure you, Gaia is very useful in team games

I am playing gaia now and i am having very good results. I almost didnt include the sentence about how gaia is bad but i thought someone else would say it anyways since its kinda the consensus that shes sub par.

Gaia has an incredible eco and is the best boomer in the game.

However i prefer using a different strat with her. Its kinda risky but is very fun to use. If you want more info about that search for the gaia strategies thread and read my last few posts.

metroid888
Mortal
posted 23 June 2004 05:11 PM EDT (US)     14 / 18       
"As for fhing vs Kronos....when you get that miggie up, kindly tell me what hes gunna do to it *cough* DECONSTRUCTION *cough*"

*cough* monument *cough*

FriedPegasus
Mortal
posted 23 June 2004 05:27 PM EDT (US)     15 / 18       
Seriously, as much talk as there is about Oranos and Kronos being OP, there is no civ I hate seeing come up for my opponent more than Isis.
eeblewee
Mortal
posted 25 June 2004 09:24 AM EDT (US)     16 / 18       
cos you're no good, perhaps ?

mmmmm... beeeeeer....
Zappos
Mortal
posted 25 June 2004 09:49 AM EDT (US)     17 / 18       
You might as well try the Atlanteans, just to see if you like them. I enjoy playing them some days, although I mostly prefer Norse.

And seriously people....Why oh Why are you building Slingers against Atlanteans in Classical? They're useless, useless! Don't mindlessly build a unit that wins against NOTHING in the Atlantean army just because they cost wood. Get towers, copper sheilds, Wadjets, whatever, but not slingers!

ca_aok
Mortal
posted 25 June 2004 12:54 PM EDT (US)     18 / 18       

Quote:

hy thankyou Ca_aok, thou im not sure if slagging off the single most popular civ gets me much respect.

It merely peeves me how I have not seen a single Choda post (not exaggerating) that hasn't been made with the intention of bashing atties, and in an extremely immature fashion. He never gives any support for his bashing.

Atties do NOT have a better econ than other civs, it's just easier to manage early on. Think about this: Attie villies take 3 pop, yet gather at the rate of 2.5 normal villies. Now that may be offset by not having a drop site, but still. Then, there is the villy limit: it's 25 for atties, hence 75 pop, yet only 62.5 worth of res gathering. Other civs all have a max of 80: hence 80 villies worth of gathering. I think norse even hyave 60 gatherers/40 dwarves limit, so that's 100 vilies worth (maybe it's 80/40, I don't remember).

So in the end, the atties econ will be worse than the other civs. Some other disadvantages:

-Atty heros tend to be worse against MUs than other heros, at least cost/pop effectively.
-Unstackable minor gods: i.e. there isn't "god paths" like there are for the other civs.
-Attie siege is the worst of the civs
-Weak buildings
-Bad god powers (with a few exceptions). Look at stuff like chaos or carnivora.

|Ca_aok|HG Seraph wannabe|
|{ca_aok@hotmail.com}|
|{ESO2: [EEX] ca_aok}|
O-- Member of EEX, and former member of LKS --O
In the Darkness, there is Light, in the Old, there is New.
From the Void a New Star rises, Shining down for Me and You.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames