Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.19 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » build order for hades
Bottom
Topic Subject:build order for hades
dream_master317
Mortal
posted 24 June 2004 10:09 AM EDT (US)         
ive been interested with hades lately but everybody is rushing me. i know something is wrong with my build order because hades is the hardest civ to rush. i have been having big problems with the atties becuase they spam turmas and wipe out my toxotes. i also need to know a god path for hades.

I lurk in the darkness... Waiting for prey to come by...
AuthorReplies:
Johnny_Deppig
Mortal
posted 24 June 2004 10:19 AM EDT (US)     1 / 19       
Dont build toxotes vs atties.

Learn the game better.

Upgrade your towers.

And instead of asking for advice here, isnt it better to learn the game yourself? Once you are half decent with Hades, you cant be rushed like that.

BO is the same as for everyone else who is greek basically. You can shift villies more towards wood AFTER you click classical. 1-3 vills on wood, 1 on gold and rest on food gets you up fast.

[This message has been edited by Johnny_Deppig (edited 06-24-2004 @ 10:22 AM).]

IX_SilverPhoenix
Mortal
posted 24 June 2004 10:55 AM EDT (US)     2 / 19       
DO no for build orders, go into random maps vs easy comp and experiment with your own...

"Those who are brave and live by the sword, get shot by those who do not"- Unpublished Stun Stzu.

"Death smiles on us all, all a man can do, is smile back"-Gladiator.

Favorite God:RA
ESO Supremacy rating: 1750

dream_master317
Mortal
posted 24 June 2004 03:25 PM EDT (US)     3 / 19       
i never make toxotes vs atties i always make hoplites. when i do, tho, they coem in with ballistas. i already know the game, dont be calling me a noob. i only upgrade my towers once and leave them.

[This message has been edited by dream_master317 (edited 06-24-2004 @ 03:26 PM).]

Zappos
Mortal
posted 24 June 2004 03:36 PM EDT (US)     4 / 19       
All right, generic advice vs Atlanteans.

1. Generally, don't take the offensive in classical. Upgrade your towers, and research Crenelations to deal with Turmas.

2. Don't use Toxotes. They're Turma bait.

3. For Chieros, either keep a few Hippokans to hunt them down, or use your villies to trash them.

4. Just stay calm. They can't do much of anything to your buildings. Stay defensive until you're ready.

[This message has been edited by Zappos (edited 06-24-2004 @ 03:37 PM).]

Gomunchaturd
Mortal
posted 24 June 2004 03:47 PM EDT (US)     5 / 19       
What do you mean Hades is the hardest civ to rush with? Havent you heard of the toxotes rush - granted hard against Atlantians, but he's not the hardest to rush with at all. Build mixed arms if you're playing them. Use you're scout see what they're building!
Reizil
Mortal
posted 24 June 2004 04:28 PM EDT (US)     6 / 19       
could one do the same thing with norse? just grab a tc upgrade ur towers and play defensive till ur ready or should you put pressure on them immediatly once you advance.?

Reizil

ESO2 name: Reizil- Major as of 7/8/06
Current Civs:Mostly Dutch but dink around with Spanish

dream_master317
Mortal
posted 24 June 2004 06:50 PM EDT (US)     7 / 19       
what i mean by saying that hades is hard to rush with is that i dont know how to do it so i need a build order for him. mine is put 8 vils on food, 2 on wood, 2 on gold, 3 more on food and just keep putting more on wood and gold alternatingly until i have enough to build a tmeple and then i advance. when i do this i usually advance too late and i am susceptible to a rush. also, should i put my resources into making an army or first save up for a tc and then make an army?

[This message has been edited by dream_master317 (edited 06-24-2004 @ 06:52 PM).]

Pug
Mortal
posted 24 June 2004 07:34 PM EDT (US)     8 / 19       
Here is a Hades bo for a decent hunting map

Of initial 3, 2 start hunting, 1 builds grainary
Get hunting dogs
Get a total of 6 hunting that herd
next 1 builds lumber camp, then wood
next 2 to wood
next 1 builds mine, then gold
next 2 to gold
next 1 builds house, then gold
next 3 to hunting
next 1 builds temple and prays
next 2-3 to wood, advance.
research hand axe.

You will be ok with only the 3 on gold for a bit, maybe add 1-2 more, but the majority on wood of course.

You can get to classical around 5:15 with a decent econ

Make at least one hero asap

R.I.P Shiva
dream_master317
Mortal
posted 24 June 2004 08:13 PM EDT (US)     9 / 19       
alright thanks

Reizil
Mortal
posted 24 June 2004 09:59 PM EDT (US)     10 / 19       
yah but could one still do the same thing with norse? should you just grab a tc & upgrade ur towers vrs norse and play defensive till ur ready to attack, or should you put pressure on them immediatly once you advance.?

Reizil

ESO2 name: Reizil- Major as of 7/8/06
Current Civs:Mostly Dutch but dink around with Spanish

dream_master317
Mortal
posted 25 June 2004 08:47 AM EDT (US)     11 / 19       

Quote:

get a total of six hunting that herd

do you mean hunting or herding? anyways, you still haven't answered the question about what minor gods i should pick.

KataklysM
Mortal
posted 25 June 2004 09:16 AM EDT (US)     12 / 19       
just boom n u'll beat just about anything :P
Pug
Mortal
posted 25 June 2004 10:08 AM EDT (US)     13 / 19       
deer are in herds, not to be mistaken for herdable animals. So yes hunting that group of deer. Goats are in flocks.

R.I.P Shiva
dream_master317
Mortal
posted 25 June 2004 10:57 AM EDT (US)     14 / 19       
i tried that build order and it works perfectly. thanks.

VAL_The_Speaker
Mortal
posted 25 June 2004 11:03 AM EDT (US)     15 / 19       
the experienced player can tox rush

massed tox can beat the shit out of rc's, clumped up together the middle ones cant be hit

dont forget masons, if your not in heroic by 14 min, reasearch masons, it is really underestimated by most people

(-speaker-)
:unsure:
dream_master317
Mortal
posted 25 June 2004 02:13 PM EDT (US)     16 / 19       
practically anything can beat rcs, they take so long to train that they are hard to mass. this is another reason why hades dominates the norse.

Pug
Mortal
posted 25 June 2004 07:49 PM EDT (US)     17 / 19       
ONly a complete moron would try to take out a massed clump of any greek archers like that.

With that bo you can put two on the temple, get an extra cyclops right away, make a range, both heros and attack by 6:30 with those units plus about 5-6 archers. Just keep streaming archers and cyclops . Takes lots of micro though, but is very effective. Works a tad better with Zeus though due to the better favor and bolt. With Zeus you get the minotour upgrade and they cost next to nothing. (get that before you make anymore) Plus you have resotration.

R.I.P Shiva
DeaconRien
Mortal
posted 26 June 2004 11:00 PM EDT (US)     18 / 19       
You can build and I do build Tox vs Atlanteans, I think this is were a lot of players are wrong,

Key is in Classical to keep your Tox's next to your towers and make sure you have at least one of your Hero's out (better if both).

The Tox's range can really be a pain for turmas who get lured into the towers fire power.

This is very effective and I highly recommend it.

Zone Name= DeaconRien
Founding Father of the Deacon Empire

"I am the Dragon, before me you tremble"
-Francis Dolarhyde (Red Dragon 2002)

Pug
Mortal
posted 26 June 2004 11:26 PM EDT (US)     19 / 19       
toxtoes own almost any unit when massed, including turmas. Focus fire, and tower push. It is a wood and gold economy. Vs attie that is. Vs eggy youll have to counter their superior slingers too. And vs norse just add about 1/3 hops.

R.I.P Shiva
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames