You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Discussion

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » how to unzip recorded games
Bottom
Topic Subject:how to unzip recorded games
pan_cake
Mortal
posted 24 June 2004 03:23 PM EDT (US)         
when I want to download recorded games in the c:-program files-microsoft games-age of mythology-saved games then in the little space below it says .zip Document and in this other recorded game that I downloaded it said .rec Document and this one actually played when I started up aom but the other ones that said . zip Document didnt. So how do I make these ones that say .zip Document work. I have vanilla if that matters at all.
AuthorReplies:
Dax105
Mortal
posted 24 June 2004 03:32 PM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
Unzip the file zip file into your save game folder. Right click, unzip, place where you want the file to go, hit Ok and the file should unzip to a normal file. Zips are used because they are smaller and easier to store.
Pug
Mortal
posted 24 June 2004 07:44 PM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
First of all aom and aomtt have different savegame folders.

aom plays only .rec
aomtt plays only .rcx (x = expansion)

the aom folder is here

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology\savegame

the aomtt folder is here

My Documents\My Games\Age of Mythology\Savegame

If you get your games from www.aotsanctuary.comthey are not zipped, but they are mostly , if not all .rcx games

If you download a .zip and dont know whether its a .rec or a .rcx you can right click the .zip file, choose explore and it will show you the stuff inside the .zip file. In fact instead of unzipping at all you can then right click the .rec or .rcx file and choose copy, then go into the proper savegame folder and right click and choose paste.

When getting games from aotsantuary you can dl them right to the savegame folder....

Which leads me to say that it will only show the last 10 saved games in the game menu. You sometimes need to go to the savedgames folder and delete old game in order for you newly dl games to show up in the game menu.

Hope this helps

I never answered you question really. Ok if you have windows xp you can just right click the .zip file and unzip it to the folder. If you dont have windows xp you need a zip utility , like winzip. Its a free download. Once installed and you double click a .zip file winzip will auto launch, then choose classic , not wizard interface. Choose extract and it will bring up a dropdown menu and just choose the file path to the savegame folder and extract it, done deal.

R.I.P Shiva

[This message has been edited by Pug (edited 06-24-2004 @ 07:49 PM).]

Natus
Mortal
posted 25 June 2004 01:09 AM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
Since you guys are giving such good advice, can you tell me how to zip games for uploading? I have Winzip, I've located and renamed my game, now when I right-click and choose Winzip, what dop I do. And once it's zipped, I go through the AoMH downloads section to upload it, correct?

Thank you thank you!

Mowie666
Mortal
posted 25 June 2004 02:05 AM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
wtf does this have to do with strategy. learn to read headings
Natus
Mortal
posted 25 June 2004 06:28 PM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
In any case, Mowie, the topic is here, and I'd love the help.

Thanks!

Shock2k4
Mortal
posted 25 June 2004 07:25 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
winzip = shit, use winrar instead (www.rarsoft.com
then u just right click on the file u wish to compress and click "add to archive archive ***.rar" (u can also make a zip file but its far to inferior to rar files)

In the beginning there was nothing-which exploded.
Pug
Mortal
posted 25 June 2004 07:37 PM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
if you have windows xp, just right click the file, choose send to and it will say compressed zip file. ta da!

If your using winzip , Open winzip, (classic interface), choose new, it will open a save in box. Choose where you wish to save the file your gonna create. And give it a name. And make sure the file type box says .zip files, click ok , then it goes to the add part. Just find the file and click add. It will appear where ever you told it to save it to.

R.I.P Shiva
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames