You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Discussion

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » What is a good classical time with Zues?(with good econ)
Bottom
Topic Subject:What is a good classical time with Zues?(with good econ)
ScrewBall
Mortal
posted 24 June 2004 06:02 PM EDT (US)         
the best I have ever managed is 4:57...then I had good enough econ to build an army and attack right away...is this to slow medium or even good?

What`s the best classical time you have managed? (with good economy)

AuthorReplies:
ipso
Mortal
posted 24 June 2004 06:11 PM EDT (US)     1 / 8       
yea thats good. 5mins is average, with pos aiming at 4.30 and hades booming a little more while going up a little later.
ScrewBall
Mortal
posted 24 June 2004 06:13 PM EDT (US)     2 / 8       
OK thanks dude...butt um all the other guys who come in here it would really help me a lot if you would tell me your best classical time with zues Thanks
metroid888
Mortal
posted 24 June 2004 06:24 PM EDT (US)     3 / 8       
My best time was about 1:10 on acropolis LOL
ScrewBall
Mortal
posted 24 June 2004 06:39 PM EDT (US)     4 / 8       
LOL thats cool
but whats ur best on umm say watering hole?
Etendorf
Mortal
posted 24 June 2004 07:56 PM EDT (US)     5 / 8       
You start with higher resources on acropolis.

5 minutes, almost exactly, for about a 2 rax hoplites autoque and 1 archery range autoque for tox for most things. Archery range first, or a second, with same advance yet go more wood for loki rushes. Against other zeus, if you guys both go athena, which almost all good zeus go, advance a little later with a few more on food and have more on favor in transition, your goal is to put more minos out ASAP with an archery range or 2. hero and mino always will let you win zeus-zeus early crashes if he goes anything else. If he goes Hermes instead of athena, hit him early and don't let him mass centaurs as they will eat your hops or your minos. Keep pressure on wood and try to prevent him using his first temple. First minos and hero should be able to get first centaur though.
Against Atlanteans, you should adjust once you reach classical for having hippikons instead of tox along with your athenian upgraded hops, for chieroballistae. Early on, your hops should beat any small numbers of what they have, including chieros, you simply need to close the distance, but later you will be needing to flank them while hoping your hops get lucky and avoid enough arrows along with all peirce ups. Prevent any severe raids from them by simply keeping pressure on military buildings and going for the tc with restoration midway to make your army super. This is assuming they are Oranos or Kronos with prometheus and valor. Against Gaia, just make minos instead with a few support mil and hero, and they will be dead very very soon if you don't do any foolish micro mistakes.
Overall, late game, against norse and attie and greek, if it ever goes that far, you use hera with monstrous rage and mostly minos with tox and petroboli and your heroes. Apollo is probably superior in heroic here.

Or, if norse have uber jarls or somebody gots myth units on your minos that they can't deal with, or you are playing an eggy, go for FU myrmidon spammage.

Otherwise, play to all the rules you normally play with, like FH on water, when for aging, upgrade times and when to take tcs and junk, and, uh I just noticed you wanted just a good time for classical instead an entire rundown of zeus, so I shutup now.

Nick: Eten.
Gods: All of them!
Vanilla.
ScrewBall
Mortal
posted 25 June 2004 06:36 AM EDT (US)     6 / 8       
YAY! I practised it and now I manage Zues Classical 4:40 easy totaly cool!
But this was done on watering hole where you have the bonus that you start with some deers and maybe a hippo in your LOS, but I`m quite happy with it
TTKA_Say_gg
Mortal
posted 27 June 2004 12:33 PM EDT (US)     7 / 8       
lol met. But for me with a good economy I would say about 5-5 10. That is about average when I do play zeus but mostly I play thor. And ra or isis so I am not a zeus expert.......yet.
Orion_Zorn
Mortal
posted 27 June 2004 02:19 PM EDT (US)     8 / 8       
i never go faster than 5 mins iwth zeus. your econ is screwed. 5:30 is what i usually go for, later vs def civs, and 5 min vs faster civs.

Proud Member of the Orion Clan
Its not a noobish feature. Many experts use it(josey_wales is 1 that comes to mind right now). I like using it. - NIB on Autoqueue

ESO Rate

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames