Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.109 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » Atlantean thoughts
Bottom
Topic Subject:Atlantean thoughts
« Previous Page  1 ··· 3 4 5  Next Page »
BalanceFX
Mortal
posted 21 September 2004 11:00 AM EDT (US)         
Gaia

Strengths:

• Great booming capibilities.
  • Most defensive of the atlantean gods. Forested towers + Carnivora or Spider Mines allows for a fast heroic strategy normally with little or no troops.
  • Best economic choice. With all economic upgrades being cheaper you can get them sooner and easily out resource your opponant. Gaia's woods ALSO harvest faster with no upgrades making here ideal for wood heavy strats.
  • Tartarian Gate that heals itself is amazing. (If it does) Also can research Myth Regeneration granting her a titan that can hit and run to recover hps.

Weaknesses:

• SLOW starter. She needs to get her economic bonuses early or a second town center to really take advantage of her bonus.
  • Decent raiding will take away her early bonus.
  • Raiding is limited to Automation/Murmillo or Turmas. All are poor raiders under Gaia with Turmas being the best choice.
  • Most of her advantages: Trade carts, fishing ships have more hps/Lush/Autohealing building are for all intents and purposes, useless.
  • Channels allows villagers to move faster, but since Atlantean villagers dont move much to begin with this is generally useless.

Oranos:
    Strengths:

• All Human soldiers move faster. This is and excellent advantage. It allows turmas to be fantastic cheeseball raiders. Early game your Oracles get to where they need to be faster.
  • Between faster oracles and LOS to all Expansion town centers Oranos easily has the best Archiac scouting in the game. It is on par with greek scouting but not quite as good as Odin Classical scouting.
  • Shockwave. Devastating Archaic power. While easily defended against by putting your troops in a spread formation, few players do that. Shockwave can also disrupt a town center and allow your troops to kill the peons building it in a pinch, if your lucky.
  • Can take VALOR. A Huge weakness all atties have is vrs Myth. Valor mitigates that.
  • Sky passages. While generally not used it does have some fantastic uses. Destroyers are slow, Fire Siphons are slow. This can be used to move them quickly. This can allow Oranos to defend 1 location at a time with ALL of their troops and quickly switch back and forth.
  • Can take Helios. Helios allows you to make the best Siege in the game hands down. With 2 Mythic techs and a Regular tech for your fire siphons your siege is tougher and does an amazing amount of damage quickly. Helios also grants the power to teleport your troops. See a titan gate going up. Get LOS (Usually a contrarius is great for this, with speed and durability to get there.) Click teleport drop a few four armed buggers, some fanatics, some destroyers and 5 super fire sypons and that Titan gate is history.
    Weaknesses:
  • No notable economic/military upgrades.
  • Mythic tech affects Safe passages only and allows for essentially a weak tower.
  • Predictable early game.

Kronos:
    Strengths:

• Can teleport buildings. I often reorg my town occasionally to keep my enemy guessing. I normally build LOTS of Barracks and counter barracks to teleport as walls where I need them.
  • Deconstruct + Prometheans + Valor allows for a great Classical rush. If your forward base gets attacked simply move all your building back home.
  • Cheaper siege! Great bonus vrs infantry heavy civs.
  • Cheaper Myth Units! A great break in cost for myth units.
  • Can take VALOR. A Huge weakness all atties have is vrs Myth. Valor mitigates that.
  • Can take Helios. Helios allows you to make the best Siege in the game hands down. With 2 Mythic techs and a Regular tech for your fire siphons your siege is tougher and does an amazing amount of damage quickly. Helios also grants the power to teleport your troops. See a titan gate going up. Get LOS (Usually a contrarius is great for this, with speed and durability to get there.) Click teleport drop a few four armed buggers, some fanatics, some destroyers and 5 super fire sypons and that Titan gate is history.
    Weaknesses:
  • Mythic Tech helps Oracles move faster and see faster. Generally useless for the cost.
  • No economic bonuses.
  • Can't Take Hekate. This means Kronos is the only Attie without a regenerating titan, No Tart Gate which is considered one of the stronger Mythic god powers allowing you to both destroy buildings and release a virtually never ending assault at the targetted location.
  • Can't take Thei. So Kronos has no way to block God powers when building his titan gate. Can't get the five extra overpop Dryads which have the potential to change so many battles for atties. (Which is really to bad because they'd be cheaper under Kronos)

So theres my random Attie thoughts for the day. Oranos far and away looks like the best attie god 2 me, but I think we all already knew that.

• AuthorReplies:
    Carwash_II
    Mortal
    posted 30 September 2004 02:47 PM EDT (US)     101 / 109       

Quote:

Yeah, and teenagers knows everything about what goes on in the world so much better than everybody else

this is aot imbalances...not the world .

Quote:

I think you insult more people than you realize here on AOMH. The general age and maturity is somewhat higher than over on AOTS where you can get away with flaming everybody.

so?(note some are cool and dont try to act like they know everything ie samfive]

back on topic:stats mean nothing. atties are op in the range im speaking about and balance...maybe the mods havent closed this because we arent flaming and telling people they are wrong just because its a new idea, but because it actually IS wrong.(like your zeus>oranos theory)

Tordenskiold
    Mortal
    posted 30 September 2004 04:41 PM EDT (US)     102 / 109       
    Why is it so difficult for you to say "Oranos" instead of "Atlanteans" ??

It would make your point so much more understandable.

TORDENSKIOLD(1690-1720)

During the Great Nordic War (1700-1720), he was commander of the danish navy, which defeaded the swedish army at Kristiania (modern Oslo). After the war, he was killed in a duel on Nov. 12, 1720 just outside Hamburg, Germany, during a travel to England.

ESO: TORDENSKIOLD
    Carwash_II
    Mortal
    posted 30 September 2004 04:51 PM EDT (US)     103 / 109       
    atties include oranos/kronos...i already said a while back it didnt include gaia.
    Tordenskiold
    Mortal
    posted 30 September 2004 05:17 PM EDT (US)     104 / 109       
    And yet again I tell you Kronos is not in any way OP in 1600-1700 range.

I challenge you to prove otherwise with hard facts instead of just biased arguments with nothing to back them up.

You may not belive in statistics, but there is absolutly no hard evidence to back your argument about Kronos being OP in any way at rookie/inter level - none what-so-ever !

TORDENSKIOLD(1690-1720)

During the Great Nordic War (1700-1720), he was commander of the danish navy, which defeaded the swedish army at Kristiania (modern Oslo). After the war, he was killed in a duel on Nov. 12, 1720 just outside Hamburg, Germany, during a travel to England.

Carwash_II
    Mortal
    posted 30 September 2004 06:07 PM EDT (US)     105 / 109       
    so what?you dont call advancing at 3:30 with a stable economy in any way, shape or form OP? Id like to see another god pull off a rush with a good eco at the 3:30 mark.Loki cant even pull it off (and all he can do is rush), and if his rush fails, he will have an incredibly hard time recovering unlike kronos who wont be affected whatsoever.Yeah...thats real fair and balanced.....
    Tordenskiold
    Mortal
    posted 01 October 2004 03:36 AM EDT (US)     106 / 109       
    The fact that you cannot handle the krush, doesn't make Kronos OP in any way. The rest of us have little to no problems after we learned how to counter it.

You play Isis, right ?? Advance with Anubis, cast snakes around your gold pit to protect it from raiding. Use prosperity during advance to classical to get a huge pile of gold, make 2-3 priests and a few farms. Take your starting Anubite, make an extra, and immediatly send them to his town to raid. He will have only 6 citizens by now and loosing 1-2 of them will be a third of his economy down the drain. Back home make to barracks and build spearmen. They will counter anything because he will not have economy to make cheiros early on.

Krush = dead GG

Quote:

Id like to see another god pull off a rush with a good eco at the 3:30 mark

Zeus centaur strangle - does that make Zeus OP that he is able to do that before 4 min. ?? According to your definition it seems so.

TORDENSKIOLD(1690-1720)

[This message has been edited by Tordenskiold (edited 10-01-2004 @ 03:37 AM).]

Carwash_II
    Mortal
    posted 01 October 2004 02:48 PM EDT (US)     107 / 109       
    ^^not only does that "rush" take skill but its hardly ever used in the range im taking about because you need superior micro to use it effectivly. Also, cannot finish off an opponent because you lack a unit that deals good crush damage while in the kronos rush, you get those cheap, massable prommies..

Also, i highly doubt that a greek players eco is going to be on par with kronos's eco at the 3:30 mark.

Tordenskiold
    Mortal
    posted 01 October 2004 02:58 PM EDT (US)     108 / 109       

Quote:

Also, i highly doubt that a greek players eco is going to be on par with kronos's eco at the 3:30 mark.

Kronos = 5 Citizens ~ 13 villagers x 14 seconds ~ 3 minuts.

You can build around 15 villagers in 3:30 and they will gather more than 5 Attie Citizens, so you are not right here.

Anyway, you seem to have made up your mind that whatever anybody says, you will just keep whining and not listen to anything so I will join Balance and leave you to W.I.P.

TORDENSKIOLD(1690-1720)

Carwash_II
    Mortal
    posted 01 October 2004 03:45 PM EDT (US)     109 / 109       
    ^^not even taking into the account of that there are no drop off time for atties and there is a lack of eco managment which puts your entire focus on military...also, you didnt even respond to the skill issue which i mentioned in my previous post...

[This message has been edited by Carwash_II (edited 10-01-2004 @ 03:46 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 ··· 3 4 5  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames