Strategy Discussion

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.14 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » God Powers
Bottom
Topic Subject:God Powers
Fazy
Mortal
posted 26 September 2004 03:33 PM EDT (US)         
Just thought I'd make a topic for every1 to post strategies for God Powers, doesn't matter if most people know the strategies alredy or if it's quite unique.

I think i'll start with Lure. I like to use it on a enemy town after you have exhausted all hunting except bears, wolves etc... If you put it near an enemy gold mine which they havn't started mining, there in for a surprise when they get there (i.e. lots of wolves). I also like to use lure when i'm atatckin a base as a distraction of fire from your main attackin army.
Then again u cud just use it for food, lol.

[This message has been edited by Fazy (edited 09-26-2004 @ 03:35 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Fazy
Mortal
posted 26 September 2004 04:06 PM EDT (US)     1 / 14       
Gaia Forest-
Use around towers or TCs to defend them
Use to make choke points or block off unwanted openings
Combine with forest fire to do heavy crush damage (Good to use on TCs or forward bases).
Put around a eggy gold mine in their home town, meaning less labourers can gather from it which will slow down a Eggy FH.
Sorround a vill with it to protect it from some damage whilst it is building a TC.
hr Meyer
Banned
posted 26 September 2004 04:52 PM EDT (US)     2 / 14       
Vision

Use it combined with ancestors to destroy someones economy.

pizeterson
Mortal
posted 26 September 2004 06:20 PM EDT (US)     3 / 14       
vision-shifting sands-citadel

go fast heroic with set, then shifting sands every vill, priest, pharoah, and free mu and animal to enemy tc. kill it super fast and build your own there. the cast citadel and ring bell. then empower it to make it shoot double arrows and wipe out everything. if you have extra gold you can make mercenaries if needed. (sort of strategy i guess)

There is only one true God, but since He is not in AOM, I play as Kronos.
Menokal
Banned
posted 26 September 2004 06:56 PM EDT (US)     4 / 14       
I think i'll start with Lure. I like to use it on a enemy town after you have exhausted all hunting except bears, wolves etc... If you put it near an enemy gold mine which they havn't started mining, there in for a surprise when they get there (i.e. lots of wolves). I also like to use lure when i'm atatckin a base as a distraction of fire from your main attackin army.
Then again u cud just use it for food, lol.

That's the most stupid think i've ever heard.
Hey you idiot, first of all, if you think an efficient economic power as lure should be use as a trap to the enemy you are stupid. Boars don't attack people....and a wolf can't stay 5 sec alive with 5 vills attackin'.

duckland
Mortal
posted 26 September 2004 08:38 PM EDT (US)     5 / 14       
Flaming Weapons+Ragnarok+Titan+Thor's uber ulfsarks(thor's favorite strategy) I'm sure everyone knows this one... It's so OP that it's even more OP than Anc/Ecl! Destroy enemy towncenter if not his whole base with it, build towers/hill forts and a TC IN his base with your OP heroes and ulfsarks while your titan smashes everything...
ZeusThorOranosII
Mortal
posted 27 September 2004 08:02 AM EDT (US)     6 / 14       
Bronze the hoptlites with good ups...

restoration.....

later on lightning storm..

Fight For Revolution Clan

Im a 1700ish AoT Player...

hostage
Mortal
posted 27 September 2004 09:04 AM EDT (US)     7 / 14       
Er...... so ur saying flaming weaps then ragnarok.... good idea.... like it wil work. The problem is i find more isis players more than ever. Otherwisee it is oranos which will raid the crap outta ya.

I shall not bring up another wierd website, sorry if you felt unconfertable about it.
Fazy
Mortal
posted 27 September 2004 02:51 PM EDT (US)     8 / 14       
Curse-
Use enemy archers as they have low hp and will make transfer more of them.
Use on the enemy units that counter your units, e.g. counter infantry if you have infantry.
Use on the first units that attack you so you can keep the pigs.
Use on enemy vills to try and slow down there economy- does give them extra food though.
Best use- Enemy archers
Fazy
Mortal
posted 27 September 2004 04:08 PM EDT (US)     9 / 14       
@menokal
I never mentioned anythin about boars. There wouldn't be one wolf as it summons a certain amount of food, so there coul be 3 bears + a few wolves. Which can be pretty annoyin wen near a gold mine. It was just a thought, just tryin to think of sumthin different.

[This message has been edited by Fazy (edited 09-27-2004 @ 04:09 PM).]

Meanotaur
Mortal
posted 28 September 2004 10:55 AM EDT (US)     10 / 14       
Hades on Mediterannean: Take control of water and wall up on both sides of the ocean, closer to your enemy than you. Put up several towers, fortresses, defend w/ archers, etc. Once you reach Mythic, fly a Pegasus or two over or send a couple ships over to their side - cast "Underworld Passage" and send in about 30 or 40 gastraphetes + chimeras, minotaurs and a couple manticores. Then you earthquake their town center or a very important area like 8 military buildings and a fortress, for example. Make sure it's as far as your troops as possible, because w/ their low hp, some archers might die in a quake. Use restoration when a big resistance comes for you while destroying all their villies and military buildings. Game over.
Yooda
Mortal
posted 28 September 2004 01:10 PM EDT (US)     11 / 14       
...provided that your enemy lets you make 10 000 resources worth of units untouched, without forcing you to use your GP's earlier

Nerf... something!
FENRISTYR
Mortal
posted 28 September 2004 06:51 PM EDT (US)     12 / 14       
go with hoplits and toxotes, when your enemy attacks your hoplitas put them in pasive an use restoration on then, but let the toxotes attacking your enemy units.

More complicated, needs more precision.
Medium Slinger
Mortal
posted 01 October 2004 04:54 PM EDT (US)     13 / 14       
Does walking woods work on Gaia's Forest (Im assuming it doesnt)?
Fazy
Mortal
posted 02 October 2004 05:11 AM EDT (US)     14 / 14       
No it doesn't.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames