Strategy Discussion

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » Zeus fast mythic
Bottom
Topic Subject:Zeus fast mythic
pizeterson
Mortal
posted 29 September 2004 12:39 PM EDT (US)         
I know that a popular strat with Zeus is to mass myrmidons in mythic. I really like to do this. But does anyone have a good build order or strategy on how to get to mythic quickly and get an army out without getting destroyed early on? How many villagers should you have and how fast should it be?

There is only one true God, but since He is not in AOM, I play as Kronos.
AuthorReplies:
FENRISTYR
Mortal
posted 29 September 2004 01:18 PM EDT (US)     1 / 8       
I think is very dangerous do a fast heroic, but a fast mithic is more dangerous, unless you ´r in a team game (big team game) you shoulden´t try to do that. And if you do that only for mymidons I think it would´t work.
):

More complicated, needs more precision.
ZeusThorOranosII
Mortal
posted 29 September 2004 01:18 PM EDT (US)     2 / 8       
aproximately 11 minutes is the fastest i've seen..

against norse they will burn down everything by 10 minutes or less

against eggy elephants and siege will be running around with possibilities of ancestors eclipse..

against aTties you will probably die by 10 minutes or less as well

against greeks you will be dead by 10 minutes or less as well...

in conclusion its a clear suicide...

Fight For Revolution Clan

Im a 1700ish AoT Player...

pete722
Mortal
posted 29 September 2004 01:45 PM EDT (US)     3 / 8       
ive done it in 9:?? before, it was just begore 10 mins though, but if i was you, i wouldnt do that, play defensive, try and be heroic by 12 mins and mythic by about 16, if you really wanna be relatively fast to mythic.
hope this helps
Etendorf
Mortal
posted 29 September 2004 04:25 PM EDT (US)     4 / 8       
The only spot I see a Zeus FM would fit in would be in a 3v3 team game where you could go straight for a titan, using ceasefire gp to build the gate in peace, then using mostly mth units to support your team mates and your titan.

Nick: Eten.
Gods: All of them!
Vanilla.
hr Meyer
Banned
posted 29 September 2004 04:57 PM EDT (US)     5 / 8       
I've seen that done, but that was in a team game. Mythic was hit after eleven minutes, but ten was fully possible.

FROST_Morite was the man.

Pug
Mortal
posted 29 September 2004 06:22 PM EDT (US)     6 / 8       
Depends what level your playing at. In sub 1650 you could probably get away with it.
As far as a bo. Take a second tc asap and autoque vills from both, putting them where you need them.
Psycho_Mani4c
Mortal
posted 29 September 2004 07:26 PM EDT (US)     7 / 8       
This would work, done it some times before. You can get to mythic by the 10 minute mark...

advance to classical late with around 15 on food, 3 on wood, 6 on gold and 1 on temple... go Hermes

as soon as you reach classical make a armory with any villies gathering resources you have enough of to advance to heroic... advance dionysus

build a market, if you are getting attack already go hera, if everything is peacefull and you can hang in another minute or 2 go hephaestus

Hermes will give you cease fire, which means 1 minute of free unit making, dionysys will give you a big fat scylla to help defend a bit

hera will get you the lightning storm when attacked, otherwise hephaestus will give you some more eco with the vault and cheap armory ups which you havent researched so far... make some barracks, spam myrmidons, get heph. upgrades or go straight for the titan

in 2v2 we used to go poseidon/zeus, the possy getting to heroic and defending all the time, then doing a fast titan at around 11:00 (with some donated resources)

the possy gets afrodite and curses an army when they march towards the gate, lightning storm kills another army, and once you plop down the gate have some barracks and make myrms as well, once you cant hold their armies back use cease fire, both zeus and possy get one which means 2 free minutes... and voila there's your titan

sure your eco will suck, sure you will have no armory ups but you have a titan at 11:00, go straight for buildings, kill their entire base and it's game over...

only way this is stopped is by double rushing 1 player, but greeks are hell hard to rush

time to sleep, cya

AOE3 @ SM4RTASS

Dominating with: The French
HC: Le Moule
Explorer: Ze Chauvenist

pizeterson
Mortal
posted 01 October 2004 01:29 AM EDT (US)     8 / 8       
thank you psycho. i tried that and it worked quite well.

There is only one true God, but since He is not in AOM, I play as Kronos.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames