You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Discussion

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.15 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » I am thinking about Isis
Bottom
Topic Subject:I am thinking about Isis
Medium Slinger
Mortal
posted 01 October 2004 04:51 PM EDT (US)         
Isis seems to screw me over and she is cheap and fast.
How does she do?
what are her strengths?
her flaws?
AuthorReplies:
Psycho_Mani4c
Mortal
posted 01 October 2004 04:53 PM EDT (US)     1 / 15       
- search forum
- watch your demo's and see what she does...

AOE3 @ SM4RTASS

Dominating with: The French
HC: Le Moule
Explorer: Ze Chauvenist

Carwash_II
Mortal
posted 01 October 2004 05:11 PM EDT (US)     2 / 15       
whats your rate?
Pug
Mortal
posted 01 October 2004 05:26 PM EDT (US)     3 / 15       
Most players will fast heroic with isis. With free towers and gp blocking monuments its hard to stop her from fhing. At which point she will start making elephants, chariot archers maybe some rax units and a few myth units.
wildturkey_72
Mortal
posted 02 October 2004 03:35 AM EDT (US)     4 / 15       
no flaws, just strengths with isis

Accept No Immitations
-Wildturkey
Pwned
Mortal
(id: You_Are_Pwned)
posted 02 October 2004 04:46 AM EDT (US)     5 / 15       
I'd advise you not to play Isis, it's not much of a challenge for you due to her being very OP. Plus you'd get flamed for playing Isis every time you play.
harr
Mortal
posted 02 October 2004 12:59 PM EDT (US)     6 / 15       

Quote:

what are her strengths?

1) Cheap improvements
2) Extra population per town center
The god power blocking monuments are useful, but not as good as some people think. Prosperities OK if you need extra gold.

Quote:

her flaws?

No really good benefits, there are no economic benefits (not including prosperity and flood of the nile) and no benefits for troops. Fast heroic can be beaten with not much difficulty after you learn how to do it.

Quote:

How does she do?

I play with Isis and I find that she is good. Not over powered like some people call her (the only reason I can think of for people to call her this is the slightly cheaper age advancements which help you get to heroic quickly, but they are not that much cheaper). The gods you can get are good.
Unlike many people I don't fast heroic, I just build a couple of barracks get plenty of spearmen or sometimes axemen, Isis is good at this as you can get more units for each town center (which is useful with such weak units), myth units add the neccessary power for this strategy. This can be a useful strategy as people will expect you to play in a different way.
SilentScreams
Mortal
posted 02 October 2004 01:11 PM EDT (US)     7 / 15       
Sometimes I get all lonely at night and this weird feeling in my lower tummy... thats when I too start thinking about Isis...

All Hail Giant Squid World Domination
Pwned
Mortal
(id: You_Are_Pwned)
posted 02 October 2004 01:36 PM EDT (US)     8 / 15       
There's enough Isis lamers as it is, if you want to play Eggy play Ra.
Carwash_II
Mortal
posted 02 October 2004 02:03 PM EDT (US)     9 / 15       
one minor flaw...heavy gold reliance...only problem is its almost impossible to cut isis off her gold...unless of course your oranos/kronos....
FarmerBrown14
Mortal
posted 02 October 2004 02:24 PM EDT (US)     10 / 15       

Quote:

if you want to play Eggy play Ra.

GO RA!!!! i play ra and i never get called OP. plus if you learn him right you can fh even beter than isis but without the anc+ecl combo

( (_________) )
\_______________/
fenrisbrood
Mortal
posted 03 October 2004 01:37 AM EDT (US)     11 / 15       
the only reason I can think of for people to call her this is the slightly cheaper age advancements which help you get to heroic quickly, but they are not that much cheaper).

I'm sure that was patched..

wildturkey_72
Mortal
posted 03 October 2004 02:06 AM EDT (US)     12 / 15       
it was patched. . .in titans at least.

Accept No Immitations
-Wildturkey
U977
Mortal
posted 04 October 2004 02:41 AM EDT (US)     13 / 15       

Quoted from You_Are_Pwned:

I'd advise you not to play Isis, it's not much of a challenge for you due to her being very OP. Plus you'd get flamed for playing Isis every time you play.

Indeed, if you want to be loved by other players, only play with Gaia or Set, or maybe Odin, and let them beat you.

Honestly, I don't play Isis... But people are free to play whatever they want. Isis is part of the game, and it's not right to flame people playing Isis. Isis is not a cheat.

Grateful_Dead
Mortal
posted 04 October 2004 07:44 AM EDT (US)     14 / 15       
Isis is not OP when played by 1600-1700 players.Isis is OP only for the better ratings.Ok she has a/e but i doubt if a rook will be able to take the much out of it or even use it right.Slinger,if u r not 1700+ i advice against playing isis.But if u want to play eggy try ra.Set is not that good to start with.

The reason I play Isis???
She is too sexy to go on waste!
Who cares about a/e...

Spamming forums = Learning english !
Flaming noobs = Break from the lessons...

[This message has been edited by Grateful_Dead (edited 10-04-2004 @ 07:47 AM).]

wildturkey_72
Mortal
posted 04 October 2004 07:23 PM EDT (US)     15 / 15       
No, when i was 1600-1700 i won a lot of games that i shouldn't have won, only because i was isis - monument blocking then when opponent started getting titan meteor.

If isis had her momument blocking reduced she wouldn't be overpowered, this is her main advantage.

Accept No Immitations
-Wildturkey
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames