You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Discussion

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » Why Prometheus?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Why Prometheus?
yukito
Mortal
posted 02 October 2004 01:33 AM EDT (US)         
Hey, i was just wondering why people almost always want to go with prometheus instead of leto. (sorry if this is a noob question. i = noob

I like leto better, because the automatons have much better pierce armour and i think are better for early rush. They are slightly cheaper in favour as well and have the boost against mus early in the game to make up for valour. Not to mention the fact that they pretty much have a low population and can repair themselves after an attack. For a Kronos Rush, why not go with Leto and automatons instead of prometheans and valour?

Oceanus is understandable, as he does not have a really good offensive mu and a fairly defensive god power, but he does have caladria which are useful for healing, not to mention his murmillo tech and katapaletes tech.

Thnx

Yuki

AuthorReplies:
Dax105
Mortal
posted 02 October 2004 02:01 AM EDT (US)     1 / 6       
Most people will go Prometheus because of Valor. Atlanteans have problems with MU's since making heroes is a costly trip that many people won't be able to make early game. Valor is the free boost they need to counter MU's early in. That and making Oracle Heroes early in can help with the K-Rush with a few guys wacking people or knocking down towers.

Automatons just get cremated by heroes. The Archaic Greek hero or a few priests can take'em down easy. The Promethean get's beaten to, but less so and can perform crush damage which is always good for taken down buildings.

See this thread for a little debate on the whole Prometheus vs Other Classical gods.

ScriBe_
Banned
posted 02 October 2004 02:17 AM EDT (US)     2 / 6       

Quote:

Most people will go Prometheus because of Valor

*agrees*

Valor is a myth unit repellent reusable 3 times. It renders any average classical age army with a few MU's useless if you use it well.

Tordenskiold
Mortal
posted 02 October 2004 05:55 AM EDT (US)     3 / 6       
Yep, because of Valor + Heart of Titan upgrade (which will reduce the costs of heroes after valor runs out). Without those two, you are doomed against somebody who makes use of MU's. Most of the time you are anyway if the game drags into heroic and mythic

TORDENSKIOLD(1690-1720)

During the Great Nordic War (1700-1720), he was commander of the danish navy, which defeaded the swedish army at Kristiania (modern Oslo). After the war, he was killed in a duel on Nov. 12, 1720 just outside Hamburg, Germany, during a travel to England.

ESO: TORDENSKIOLD
ben_smith999
Banned
posted 02 October 2004 01:07 PM EDT (US)     4 / 6       
I go with Prometheus because of Valor+Heart of the Titans+Promethean raiding.

With Cheaper and stronger heroes, Atties can pretty much beat the sh*t out of any other civ (in CLASSICAL!) Lets see 2 Greek Cyclops stand in front of an Attie army at the 10 minute mark with 6 heroes in it, 4 Prometheans, 4 Murms, and 6 Turma

Thats why their cheap...

yukito
Mortal
posted 02 October 2004 04:43 PM EDT (US)     5 / 6       
But automatons get a x3 multiplyer against mus anyway, so y not go with them?

Are u sure prometheans do crush?

fenrisbrood
Mortal
posted 03 October 2004 01:29 AM EDT (US)     6 / 6       
yes they do, which is why they're so perfect for a rush, As for the atuoman thing myth units are countered to easierly by heroes esspecily slow ones like atuos, Hero vs myth is alot more effective then myth vs myth multiplyer or not
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames