Strategy Discussion

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.17 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » "Milita Suck"
Bottom
Topic Subject:"Milita Suck"
ben_smith999
Banned
posted 02 October 2004 02:38 PM EDT (US)         
Hi.

I play vanilla, and I am a BIG Possy player. I was playing a 2v2v2 with a friend, and When I got raided while my 30 man army was elsewhere, by a Isis player, he crumbled my Fortress and there went 5 milita, they held him off long enough for me to train 3 Hipps, 4 Hops, and 2 Toxotes. How, you ask? He was looking at his crumbling base and I ran my Milita here and there, making his slow army move everywhere. My 12 new soldiers killed his men and victory was mine (for that battle )

The point being, Milita don't suck like people say they do, you don't HAVE to fight with them, you can distract too. And in Mythic, a Milita man out-did a Heavy Hypaspist for me once...

AuthorReplies:
St Jimmy
Mortal
posted 02 October 2004 02:43 PM EDT (US)     1 / 17       
well i kinda agree because if you have extra wood with possy you can build walls of granarys in front of your town and get craploads of them

"what the hell?"
ben_smith999
Banned
posted 02 October 2004 02:48 PM EDT (US)     2 / 17       
yeah, or if your facing Hades, and he goes with Artemis, make a crap load of extra buildings, some Earthquake will give you like 40+ men
FarmerBrown14
Mortal
posted 02 October 2004 02:59 PM EDT (US)     3 / 17       
na possy players can go artemis also, which is why i get a tonnn of granarys all in this one spot really crowded with like 30+ of them and i EQ all m granarys.. it is like Ragnorok you have tons of them lol it is so funny when they are like "huh where did you use the EQ and they spand like a minute searching their base to see where it was used

( (_________) )
\_______________/
Carwash_II
Mortal
posted 02 October 2004 04:10 PM EDT (US)     4 / 17       
no one thinks milita suck and if they do they are 1600- anyway....
Pwned
Mortal
(id: You_Are_Pwned)
posted 02 October 2004 04:12 PM EDT (US)     5 / 17       
Militia rock, they're much better than Shades IMO.
Menokal
Banned
posted 02 October 2004 04:13 PM EDT (US)     6 / 17       
first of all:
who said militia suck?? i am a 165+ player in the AoM and 155- at tt's, 100% possy...

and i would like to insult the guy before St Jimmy's post, he is comparing a lot of militias with Ragnarok norse powers..... thats the most STUPID think i've ever read.....
no comments guys
(SORRY BAD ENGLISH)

Pwned
Mortal
posted 02 October 2004 04:24 PM EDT (US)     7 / 17       
Yeah "Militia suck" is a pretty stupid and noobish statement. There was actually a strat that involved making granries and then deleting them just after advancing to classical.
ben_smith999
Banned
posted 02 October 2004 04:39 PM EDT (US)     8 / 17       
It wasn't me that said it, It was someone else (forgot the name) When I used the search option...
Pwned
Mortal
posted 02 October 2004 04:44 PM EDT (US)     9 / 17       
Yeah you're right. Militias are very useful.
pizeterson
Mortal
posted 02 October 2004 04:58 PM EDT (US)     10 / 17       
yeah, militia are sweet. i was losing a game once and the guy earthquaked my base. i had all may houses and a ton of other buildings. the number of militia i had combined with the rest of my army over ran him.

also, you can't delete your own buildings to get militia.

There is only one true God, but since He is not in AOM, I play as Kronos.
Psycho_Mani4c
Mortal
posted 02 October 2004 06:25 PM EDT (US)     11 / 17       
Yeah once i earthquaked a possy player and there were like 40 militia there, he had his GP left so he cast Bronze on them... they ate my army the second wave killed them tho..

do they count as infantry? or are they a class apart like shades?

AOE3 @ SM4RTASS

Dominating with: The French
HC: Le Moule
Explorer: Ze Chauvenist

WrathofAtlantis
Mortal
posted 02 October 2004 08:49 PM EDT (US)     12 / 17       
I wonder if you can create your own militas by deleting your building. I tried that, didn't work .
Medium Slinger
Mortal
posted 03 October 2004 12:41 PM EDT (US)     13 / 17       
People don't say Hades Shades suck (or they shouldn't) so why would militia suck?

I hate playing against militia because they slow down a rush.

So yes they are good.

Etendorf
Mortal
posted 05 October 2004 04:23 PM EDT (US)     14 / 17       
Militia have too many hitpoints for their cost! Nerf Nerf! Who hase ever heard of 100 hitpoints for a 1 pop unit!

Nick: Eten.
Gods: All of them!
Vanilla.
Pug
Mortal
posted 05 October 2004 06:18 PM EDT (US)     15 / 17       
They are very annoying, next thing you know your 5 portable rams are dead.
ben_smith999
Banned
posted 05 October 2004 06:45 PM EDT (US)     16 / 17       
Yep, theyre "too good" now

Thats why Possy doesn't need to worry bout booming, even if they raid you with 3 Cav, your milita will help distract them long enough for you to get there

Hikari
Mortal
(id: echowinds)
posted 05 October 2004 07:11 PM EDT (US)     17 / 17       
the militias are better than hoplites if it wasnt upgraded...and vs spearmans...militia just screws spearmans...70 hp to 100 hp ...

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames