You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Discussion

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » Correct use of the Argus?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Correct use of the Argus?
SilentScreams
Mortal
posted 02 October 2004 03:11 PM EDT (US)         
Hey. I'm wondering if anyone knows good strats for the Argus. The most peculiar Myth unit in AoM is relatively fast, has great armor and the fastest reloading instant kill attack. Guardian of Io and Eyes of Atlas also give them huge LOS.
I was wondering if anyone has ever used Arguses (Argi? Arges?) as (part of) a raiding force, killing vils and lone units and retreating before a large army arrives, possibly dropping Implode at an opportune location.

Their great potential often gets lost in large armies, my Argi usually only manage to dissolve a single Elephant or Camel before getting creamed by Priests or massed archers...

All Hail Giant Squid World Domination
AuthorReplies:
Menokal
Banned
posted 02 October 2004 04:09 PM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
Argus are better defending than attackin in my point of view, and i cant tell my opinion because i dont speak english, its very difficult for me
Dmytry_
Mortal
posted 02 October 2004 06:28 PM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
I haven't seen argi en mass. Ever.
Titanus
Mortal
posted 02 October 2004 07:17 PM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
I have massed them agianst the computer but their hitpoints suck ass like nothing else. Bellerophon alone ate 7 of them with my army attacking him, my argus running for their lives and he didn't even lose half of his life before he obliterated them. They need a bust in hitpoints!
Dmytry_
Mortal
posted 02 October 2004 07:29 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
Yes. Actually I can't remember the last time I made an Argus. I play Gaia and ALWAYS go Atlas.
hr Meyer
Banned
posted 02 October 2004 07:30 PM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
No, Bellerophon is overpowered.
wildturkey_72
Mortal
posted 03 October 2004 01:30 AM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
argus isn't good for raiding because it takes up too much pop space

Accept No Immitations
-Wildturkey
G3_
Mortal
posted 04 October 2004 02:46 AM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
Argus are good for defending lone TCs from siege myth units like Behemoth, Scarab and Collosus. You can park one at every TC that you feel could be attacked while your army is fighting in other place.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames