Strategy Discussion

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.15 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » Best Aquatic MU
Bottom
Topic Subject:Best Aquatic MU
Menokal
Banned
posted 02 October 2004 04:17 PM EDT (US)         
IMO the Scile (the Dionisius monster)
AuthorReplies:
St Jimmy
Mortal
posted 02 October 2004 04:27 PM EDT (US)     1 / 15       
it is totaly the one that shoots chain lighting (sorry forgot its name)

"what the hell?"
Menokal
Banned
posted 02 October 2004 04:30 PM EDT (US)     2 / 15       
cool i for got it too u r to'kin' abaut' the atlan kraken, no?
St Jimmy
Mortal
posted 02 October 2004 04:40 PM EDT (US)     3 / 15       
um yeah i just checked its called a man o war

"what the hell?"
yukito
Mortal
posted 02 October 2004 04:51 PM EDT (US)     4 / 15       
well i actually prefer the leviathan, transport ships with a mouth

I think nereids are actually the best water mu against other mus and the kraken wen playing ships

just my opinion

Carwash_II
Mortal
posted 02 October 2004 05:36 PM EDT (US)     5 / 15       
definantly zeus scyclla..
Menokal
Banned
posted 02 October 2004 05:48 PM EDT (US)     6 / 15       
hey yukito, didn't read the ****ing question?? it says
"favorite MU at water" , not "benefits of leviathan n' kraken"
-----------------------------------------------------------

I meant scyclla in my first post ^_^

hr Meyer
Banned
posted 02 October 2004 07:32 PM EDT (US)     7 / 15       
The scylla, no doubt.
yukito
Mortal
posted 02 October 2004 08:35 PM EDT (US)     8 / 15       
actually, it says BEST mu. which in my opinon i state again, is the kraken
Menokal
Banned
posted 02 October 2004 09:28 PM EDT (US)     9 / 15       
ok
pan_cake
Mortal
posted 02 October 2004 11:38 PM EDT (US)     10 / 15       
war turtle, defentley war turtle
jj11188
Mortal
posted 03 October 2004 00:27 AM EDT (US)     11 / 15       
In a zeus fh scylla is the best hands down. In post mythic games i would probably say alot of jormund elvers, 40 pierce is awesome, and i think they only cost 3 pop. I guess against other myth units definately the attie one. And if there is no water fighting like on midgard using the kraken to kill some fishing boats will really shut down their food income.

So i guess i don't think there is a best water mu just a right one for the right situation.

coxy65
Mortal
posted 04 October 2004 04:32 AM EDT (US)     12 / 15       
id say kraken cause of their wicked special(kill a ship instantly) and they have a pretty high attack
Shadow_of_Eves
Mortal
posted 04 October 2004 08:18 PM EDT (US)     13 / 15       
kraken's are probably the best water myth unit in heroic for enemy ships, nyreid is the best against other myth, and the jormund elver is most cost effective and good against ships ever!! 200 food and 15 favor for it! It's ridiculous, you can mass it easily because it trains so fast~!! man o war sucks, lightning really isn't worth it. The war turtle is best at handling the ships though, it is the strongest, but hard to mass and use well because of cost and favor for eggy.
pw_SicTransit
Mortal
posted 04 October 2004 09:39 PM EDT (US)     14 / 15       
hello? is everyone forgetting the levi? it is a transport that can defend itself? how much cooler can you get? and it is strong too.
drgnfly
Mortal
posted 06 October 2004 01:50 AM EDT (US)     15 / 15       
When I got the x-pac I was curious to how the water units did. Considering Atlanteans can build a water unit in every age excluding archaic. As I recall my ranking of myth unit vs. myth unit was something like this

1. Jormund
2. Carcinos
Nereid
3. Kraken
4. Scylla
5. Man O War
6. War Turtle
7. Leviathan
8. Servant

Reasons:

One on one Jormund can take out any of the water myth units, including Nereid. Why, because Jormund has a huge range with a massive attack. Plus Jormunds are not extremely expensive, when compared.

Carcinos took out all below it and tied with the Nereid, due to its boiling blood when it dies. Nereid technically killed the Carcinos, but Carcinos took Nereid with him to hell. Go Hera!

Kraken is relatively good against ships, but has a painfully slow attack. Carcinos could get in 3 hits to Kraken's one!

Scylla is great, but you hardly get those 5 heads so as to multiply the damage. The only way to heal Scylla is through Athena's Restoration, so this took a huge toll on the rating. A good balance would be to change the Bacchanalia god tech from small HP gain, to allowing MUs vampirism just like trolls. It would partially offset the Greek's main weakness in the healing category.

Man O War is ok, he just can't stand his own ground. To much protection is needed for Man O War. A boost in crush armor would help it against those fast, ramming ships. Seriously, you would think the blunts hits would bounce of the jelly.

The Egyptians creatures just suck in the water and that is all there is to it. Levithan has a nice feature, but I can build ships at a much cheaper price. War Turtle will destroy ships, but outside Servant which ones really don't.

Servant is just a weak MU. He has good speed, but his heal rate is too slow. I think an increase in his heal rate and crush attack would be more beneficial.

When ranking all the units across the board, my favorite lies with Carcinos. While not the prettiest or the flashiest, it gets the job done. Carcinos has good armor with a balanced attack, great speed, and the boiling blood is a great feature. While Jormund definitely is great, if you can get inside the Jormund, it will fall with ease. Carcinos is just a pain to take out, with great attack speed that usually can get at least two hits in to your one. And not to forget, you run the risk of killing yourself in the process of killing the feared Crab.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames