Strategy Discussion

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.9 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » Starting greeks
Bottom
Topic Subject:Starting greeks
Rodrigo Cabanillas
Mortal
posted 03 October 2004 01:05 AM EDT (US)         
Well for many old aok players the greeks seemed to be a very easy civilization to start of, after all they are pretty conventional to aok terms.

But for some new people or people that never became good in aok the greeks are living hell.

Specially in the start where they seem to be in disadvantage.

With norse i almost always go to classic by about 5:00 and with a decent economy to fend off rushes, but with greeks i find myself not being able to go until 7 because they
have a lot of issues, most concerning hunting.

How do you hunt efficiently with greeks? do you build granaries in every patch? how many woodcutters? how many gold miners?

What i do is to put my granary in the first food source i find and research the herding tech, mostly because of the extra capacity and to fat my herdables pretty soon for early eating.

AuthorReplies:
Rodrigo Cabanillas
Mortal
posted 03 October 2004 01:06 AM EDT (US)     1 / 9       
For woodcutting i always use a mine near a forest, if there is none im screwed.

Also is it wise to put the woodcamp far if im facing thor or freyja?

wildturkey_72
Mortal
posted 03 October 2004 01:27 AM EDT (US)     2 / 9       
hunting>herding>berries&chickens>farms

You should be able to advance around 5:20 with greeks with 21 or so villies

There are good strats for greeks on this site, search for them.

Accept No Immitations
-Wildturkey
fenrisbrood
Mortal
posted 03 October 2004 01:33 AM EDT (US)     3 / 9       
Also is it wise to put the woodcamp far if im facing thor or freyja.. For what reason?? so it's not destroyed when they destroy the forest your cutting from??? that would make your store house pointless anyway because thered be no wood, always try to have it as close as you can to the forest

how ever if you are sharing with gold and wood place it by the mine and leave a crack for your miners so they dont have to walk at all to drop of the gold and build another wood storehouse once your further away from the mine

(I can usually survive off the trees arround my tc in the first age so it shouldn't be a big deal if you can't afford a store house early on)

[This message has been edited by fenrisbrood (edited 10-03-2004 @ 01:35 AM).]

wildturkey_72
Mortal
posted 03 October 2004 02:09 AM EDT (US)     4 / 9       
http://aom.heavengames.com/strategy/articles/18/page4

this is a great strat for possy copied from pG fire i think. It is at the bottom of the page.

Accept No Immitations
-Wildturkey
Menokal
Banned
posted 03 October 2004 11:09 AM EDT (US)     5 / 9       
[/QUOTE]with greeks i find myself not being able to go until 7 because they
have a lot of issues, most concerning hunting.
[/quote] that not mean ALL greek players are as slow as you dude :S
harr
Mortal
posted 03 October 2004 11:16 AM EDT (US)     6 / 9       
Menokal (I can't quote your post because the way you tried to do it messes up my quotes):
You tried to close the quote twice, take the "/" out of the first one.

If you try it is easy enough to advance at 5 minutes or before, try watching a recorded game and then using a similar build order.

[This message has been edited by harr (edited 10-03-2004 @ 11:19 AM).]

wildturkey_72
Mortal
posted 04 October 2004 05:03 AM EDT (US)     7 / 9       
i think that is what menotar said

Accept No Immitations
-Wildturkey
pw_SicTransit
Mortal
posted 04 October 2004 09:46 PM EDT (US)     8 / 9       
i find no prob. with greeks and hunting. i am a 100% possy player and i advance anywhere from 5:00 to 5:45. possy of course has a hunting advantage cause of his gp that attracts animals.

for food i go chickens and then go right to the animals attracted by lore. then i go herd. usually i reach classical by the time i am done hunting. i never ever ever use berries. unless i am on acropolis and run out of chickens.

Rodrigo Cabanillas
Mortal
posted 04 October 2004 11:15 PM EDT (US)     9 / 9       
Menokal, i know its possible thats why im asking.

Well i just managed to get times under 6:00 with hermes for protection (in case im not fast enough).

I researched herding technology to less walk times and started eating herdables with few villies to get a constat food flow.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames