You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Discussion

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.14 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » the hades shrush ( a cool strat)
Bottom
Topic Subject:the hades shrush ( a cool strat)
BanditAnubite
Mortal
posted 03 October 2004 01:10 AM EDT (US)         
Well, while expiriminting with hades i came upon a decent strat based on the Ra villie rush, I call it the sentinal hades rush. The way it work is thet you start out like you normaly would and avance to the classical at about 5:00 min through Athena. Next, if you havent found your enemy now would be a good time t while making about three vills or so. Now for the fun part; make Ajax and gather all units, including villagers and attack the enemy town center. this should happen at about seven minuts,(do not attempt this if the enemy si eggie or hades) go straight fo the tc, and use the menitaur to help. Once down, start Building your own TC in its place and cast retoration once the tc is up cast scenitnal. Then using your remaining vilies take out some stuff, and fell free to garison them at any time if you think they are threatened. chances are they will give up. Try it out if you dont belive me.

I post at night.... waitng for replies and ragnarok to come
AuthorReplies:
wildturkey_72
Mortal
posted 03 October 2004 01:24 AM EDT (US)     1 / 14       
Might work on 1400 players but nothing higher

Accept No Immitations
-Wildturkey
BanditAnubite
Mortal
posted 03 October 2004 01:28 AM EDT (US)     2 / 14       
why only a 1400 player? the concept is that hades tc is hard as hell to bring down and the sentinalswould not help the enemy the units to bring down the tc, plus if i were the opponent with my tc kill in the classical in teh the archic by hades id give up. and im a 1600 not a 1400!!1

[This message has been edited by BanditAnubite (edited 10-03-2004 @ 01:29 AM).]

wildturkey_72
Mortal
posted 03 October 2004 01:39 AM EDT (US)     3 / 14       
it's not holding off the attack from after you build the tc, it's taking down the tc in the first place.

1) as you said you attack at 7 minutes, only isis and ra wouldn't have an army by then, and as you said it wouldn't work against them because of their towers. By 7 mins norse would have 20 hesirs/rc/ulfs, attys would have 20 turmas, greeks other than hades will still have 10 or so soldiers atleast. Not to mention the free myth unit at the start of classical.

2) if this happened to me and i didn't have an army for some reason at 7 mins, i'd micro my tc fire so i take out all of the villagers, then how would you build the tc without villies.

3)if you fail to take out the tc, you're screwed for the rest of the game.

The ra villager rush works because of the resistant villies with greater attack, and the shifting sands gp to get them there earlier. Ra villie rush gets 20+ villies at the tc at 6 mins, with the pharoah taking out the free myth and then empowering the tc to get built quicker.

The whole point is being able to take down the tc, hades will struggle to do that against decent players.

Accept No Immitations
-Wildturkey
BanditAnubite
Mortal
posted 03 October 2004 01:50 AM EDT (US)     4 / 14       
Been there done that, or atleast thought of thatbut the restorationn gp is very good and heals you units up nicelyplus the monitor is the tc main thing to fire at un microed and it is doing the mostr dammage. and whats more there may be a way to cut down on teh time a little bit but ti would be hard. it also might be possible to go ares andpestelence teh m so the at they cant train units but this might not be as effecttive.
oh and what time do you usually advance? caus when i did this i advanced aroun five minuts which is probably what i advance around normaly.

wildturkey_72
Mortal
posted 03 October 2004 01:59 AM EDT (US)     5 / 14       
okay but what about the opponent's army?

I usually advance at 5:15 with greek, 5:00 with norse, 4:40 with atty, and 5:40 with eggy

Accept No Immitations
-Wildturkey
Pwned
Mortal
(id: You_Are_Pwned)
posted 03 October 2004 07:58 AM EDT (US)     6 / 14       
It does work quite well actually, it's usually known as the Zeus villager Rush and you get two Minos and use Restoration while you take down the TC.
jj11188
Mortal
posted 03 October 2004 08:58 AM EDT (US)     7 / 14       
the zeus vil rush is kinda different. For starters zeus would age up much faster. He is also able to get a second mino cause of free favor to start with. Bolt will also allow him to kill a hero so his minos will live longer.

You might be able to copy a zeus rush against like attie, go for a much faster advance time and hopefully catch them off guard(there is no way this will work if they expect it coming.) Also you'll want to use restoration while killing the tc so you lose less vills. Once the tc is dead then just try to kill his vills with yours. there is no way you can make your own tc without slowing your rush down by like 2 to 3 minutes, and then it wouldn't work.

ZeusThorOranosII
Mortal
posted 04 October 2004 11:36 AM EDT (US)     8 / 14       
===================================================
Been there done that, or atleast thought of that but the restorationn gp is very good and heals you units up nicely plus the monitor is the tc main thing to fire at un microed and it is doing the mostr dammage. and whats more there may be a way to cut down on teh time a little bit but ti would be hard. it also might be possible to go ares andpestelence teh m so the at they cant train units but this might not be as effecttive.
oh and what time do you usually advance? caus when i did this i advanced aroun five minuts which is probably what i advance around normaly.

===================================================

if the TC ever shoots at my monitor im 100% dead.. very dead, btw mate the strat will really work, sub 1400 maybe.. even 1500ish will laugh at that..

Fight For Revolution Clan

Im a 1700ish AoT Player...

LordOfVengance
Mortal
posted 04 October 2004 01:19 PM EDT (US)     9 / 14       
1. that is as bad as the pegasi rush witch have no attack

and

2. LOOK WHAT YOU WRITE:

Been there done that, or atleast thought of thatbut the restorationn gp is very good and heals you units up nicelyplus the monitor is the tc main thing to fire at un microed and it is doing the mostr dammage. and whats more there may be a way to cut down on teh time a little bit but ti would be hard. it also might be possible to go ares andpestelence teh m so the at they cant train units but this might not be as effecttive.

This isnt a chat room you have as long as you need to write the posts. That is the worst case ive ever seen

"dances in a closed thread"

The proud owner of [ Protocol 'c' in URL is not supported ]
Current project "Brithos and the evil merchants"
If you can dream it you can do it-Walt Disney
I never think of the future, it comes soon enough-Albert Einstein
We need men who can dream of things that never were-John F. Kennedy
BTW, get your soul taken here
Carwash_II
Mortal
posted 04 October 2004 05:30 PM EDT (US)     10 / 14       
also, why dont you just advance to the mythic age to add to the hades rush effect...you could fast rag at the 13 min mark and then upgrade your sentinils to uber-terminators and then drop them into your opponents base and finish them off with so0.
Fenris77
Mortal
posted 05 October 2004 11:22 AM EDT (US)     11 / 14       
I was so bored one day I did this aginst a 1650 and it worked lol. I think it was a month or two ago.

Quote:

"dances in a closed thread"

Against coc lol.

Rating: 1750

Check out my Bellerophon Guide and my Myrmidon Guide

Member of the TpC_ Clan

[This message has been edited by Fenris77 (edited 10-05-2004 @ 11:23 AM).]

Pwned
Mortal
(id: You_Are_Pwned)
posted 05 October 2004 11:48 AM EDT (US)     12 / 14       
I'm sure he's aware.
Lone_Prodigy
Mortal
posted 06 October 2004 03:27 AM EDT (US)     13 / 14       
Maybe if you just take the TC closest to your opponent and use Sentinel for the extra range?

Two reasons why underlining sucks:

1. Italics look way better.
2. Click here.

Duskofdead
Mortal
posted 06 October 2004 04:37 AM EDT (US)     14 / 14       
Agreed with what's been said, at the 7 minute mark most civs will have an army already and this strategy will not work well. If you moved the time down a bit and did the villie rush portion much earlier, it might be more potent.

I'm the guy trying to catch the deluge in a paper cup.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames