You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Discussion

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.12 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » Serpent Spear or Leather Frame Shield?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Serpent Spear or Leather Frame Shield?
sdw12umdjc
Mortal
posted 15 May 2005 08:29 PM EDT (US)         
I'm wondering which tech you think is better. I've been playing with Set a lot against the computer to get better with him but I go back and forth between Anubis and Ptah. I like to use a lot of spearman as my main unit along with two other unit types to counter my opponent. Serpent Spear or Leather Frame Shield?
AuthorReplies:
XsX_Invader2
Mortal
posted 15 May 2005 09:54 PM EDT (US)     1 / 12       
shield if they use archers a lot, spear if you wanna kill faster (not like u kill fast enough with 100 spears...)
Age_of_Jizzology
Mortal
posted 15 May 2005 10:16 PM EDT (US)     2 / 12       
I prefer the frame shield for raiding. Serpent spear is good in combination with Horus's techs, in fact you can get pretty decent stats maybe even eguivalent to a hoplite.
Pug
Mortal
posted 15 May 2005 11:02 PM EDT (US)     3 / 12       
Ptah seesm like a better choice overall.
Age_of_Jizzology
Mortal
posted 16 May 2005 00:56 AM EDT (US)     4 / 12       
yeah Ptah seems to be a better choice in most cases because he is benefits both economy and military. The Shaduf improvement makes farms like 30% cheaper which turns out to be 47 gold. Also he has three techs that benefit each of your barracks units which is helpful if doing some kind of egyptian rush.
Out Reach
Mortal
(id: newreach268)
posted 16 May 2005 01:09 PM EDT (US)     5 / 12       
ptah all the way. he will give you hell better tecs, and although you dont get the practical anubites you can win over with all the ways you can combine vision and shifting sands to teleport a small army right into the centre of the enemys base right at the start or a load of siege towers at the end.

Out Reach
The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature
cake0792
Mortal
posted 21 May 2005 03:30 PM EDT (US)     6 / 12       
As Set, When facing Odin, Hades, Poseidon, Thor (sometimes), or Atlantean, I usually take Anubis. This is because you can use the cheap Anubites in packs of 2 or 3 to raid his economy (especially Hades'), and his Serpent Spear technology allows more damage to be done against their cavalry, because they are primarily cavalry civs.

Against Loki, I would take Ptah for the Scalloped Axe and for Wadjets against TA, and for Shifting Sands to move some Einherjar away from my base.

Zeus I would take Ptah for Scalloped Axe (against his hoplites), and shaduf so i can spam farms, and in turn spam infantry.

¸ ¸ ¸ ¸ ¸ ¸
| | | | | |
|ŻŻŻŻŻŻ|
|ŻŻŻŻŻŻ|
mmm.... cake....
Age_of_Jizzology
Mortal
posted 22 May 2005 03:58 AM EDT (US)     7 / 12       
You should go ptah allt he time because he has all those attributes the anubis has too. The leather frame shield promotes raiding because spearmen have higher pierce armor.
Spearmen train fast and are cheap so they do just fine against equal numbers of cavalry. serpent spear is a small upgrade so really you should go anubis for a fast heroic to defend against raiders with his serpent god power.
Sam_Ham
Mortal
posted 22 May 2005 04:04 AM EDT (US)     8 / 12       
Alternatively, play isis and use bast - nepthys

Sometimes you need to scare the lambs,
tell tales of evil bad wolves.
Because if there is nothing to fear,
they might think for themselves.
Olli_Moriturus
Mortal
posted 22 May 2005 06:12 AM EDT (US)     9 / 12       
Don't give him any ideas
Pug
Mortal
posted 22 May 2005 10:32 AM EDT (US)     10 / 12       

Quote:

You should go ptah allt he time because he has all those attributes the anubis has too.

from the same person in the same post

Quote:

serpent spear is a small upgrade so really you should go anubis for a fast heroic to defend against raiders with his serpent god power.

Really the only reason to go anubis is if you want to do some early classical raiding.

nick2
Mortal
posted 22 May 2005 10:42 AM EDT (US)     11 / 12       
that guy is an IDIOT (i wonder i he related to bush)
Lord_Spike3
Mortal
posted 23 May 2005 01:12 AM EDT (US)     12 / 12       
i dont play eggy but wen i do i go wid ptah, although i would go wid anubis if i could rush cuz raidin wid anubites can be so deadly.

Spike

All men dream, just not some as much as others. Some men dream of great things in the dark of night, but when morning comes they see that these things are out of their reach and forget them. Other men dream in the day, these men are dangerous men indeed, for they dream of change and conquest and fight for it with unmatched strength. These are the Chaos Knights
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames