Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.10 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » Egyptians
Bottom
Topic Subject:Egyptians
HQNS
Mortal
posted 18 May 2005 12:03 PM EDT (US)         
I don't really get the hang of the Egyptian civs.
What armies should I build ?
Large cheap ones or the more expensive Migdol Stronghold units ?

I always build a forward base, protect it with a Migdol Stronghold and then attack, while I am constantly building new units.

My defenses usually hold, but when attacking my armies are always outmatched.

AuthorReplies:
Out Reach
Mortal
(id: newreach268)
posted 18 May 2005 01:41 PM EDT (US)     1 / 10       
ok with eggies you simply use the basic units until midgidol, then use that in a combined attacks but dont replace them just let them die off untill you only have midgedol units, siege wepons and preists/pharoh/myth units.

obviously if the enemy is SPAMMING, units which only the basic units counter build some, also slingers have their advantages exspecially if you are set.

Out Reach
The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature

[This message has been edited by newreach268 (edited 05-18-2005 @ 01:42 PM).]

nick2
Mortal
posted 18 May 2005 08:09 PM EDT (US)     2 / 10       
ok w/ eggies you have to choose a couple things first (i'm not expert sorry if i'm wrong)

which god

fh or fight in classical if you are fighting classical i would get spear men and something else

fh i prefer especially w/ ra becasue of rain and priests empowerment and if you get a migdol i would spam those units (dont use elephants until final seige)

king_kong27
Mortal
posted 19 May 2005 01:12 PM EDT (US)     3 / 10       
Personally, i wouldn't go for egyptians at all. Long live the Atlanteans!!!

In reply proper, though, u need more than one Migdol Stronghold probably. That also means that you can build more units at a time and vary your armies.

Fanatic_Kaster
Banned
posted 20 May 2005 02:33 AM EDT (US)     4 / 10       
Im also trying to Improve my eggy skillz, What god path is the best? Is Horus any good? What about Citadel? Is it worth it?

I use Set cuz no one else does...Yes his animals are rubbish but they are a great food souce!

chunky_monkey
Mortal
posted 20 May 2005 09:47 PM EDT (US)     5 / 10       
I usually go (with ra) bast, sekhmet, Horus. ^^

People with creative minds can create their own signatures, unlike me.
Pug
Mortal
posted 20 May 2005 10:21 PM EDT (US)     6 / 10       
Almost every egyptian player fast heroics. (8 min or so)to have access to migdol units and seige.

Most players will go either chariot archers or elephants + seige. The charoit archers make great raiders.

Most players will take another tc as soon as you hit heroic too. Some will do the tc then the migdol and some will do the migdol then the tc, depending on map and enemy.

Isis stands out as the best mostly due to ancestors + ecliplse to use if needed and the fact that only with prosperity can you be assured you will have enough gold for both a migdol and a tc right away.....assumming you didnt boom and did a fh.

Ras rain comes in almost as handy but if its a high hunting map its a shame to have to build farms so soon. But its a double wammy cause it helps the enemy 2x vs your 3x so you have to use it early.

A mix of migdol units and barracks units is often used too. Spears and Chariot archers, Axemen and chariot archers, depending what you need to counter.

Egyptian axemen are better than most people think cause they have a 4x multiplier vs other infantry

And one tidbit most dont know is that egyptian fishing ships can build docks.

And then there is staying in classical and booming. Just take two more tcs as soon as you hit classical age and boom your econ. Your outmassing of classical units will hold em off decently till you can go on the offensive.

cake0792
Mortal
posted 21 May 2005 03:32 PM EDT (US)     7 / 10       
Ptah-Hathor-Osiris is what i do as ra most of the time. CHEAP farms (Mud Brick and Shaduf), Petsuchos, decent rax units, and great camels.

¸ ¸ ¸ ¸ ¸ ¸
| | | | | |
|ŻŻŻŻŻŻ|
|ŻŻŻŻŻŻ|
mmm.... cake....
Age_of_Jizzology
Mortal
posted 22 May 2005 03:54 AM EDT (US)     8 / 10       
ptah's and hathor's farm and building upgrade make farms 40 gold. Thats a lot considering the fact you are saving yourself 30 gold i believe. Osiris is okay but i prefer to go horus instead. Your migdol units are already upgraded when your ra and you can have better barracks soldiers. Son of Osiris is a great addition to an army but the opponent will just focus fire his archers on it. The tornado power is quite useful on a a towncenter surrounded with farming villagers and defensive structures.
Pug
Mortal
posted 22 May 2005 10:24 AM EDT (US)     9 / 10       
Ptahs farms are 47 gold
Fanatic_Kaster
Banned
posted 22 May 2005 11:50 AM EDT (US)     10 / 10       
What about Citadel? Any good?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames