Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » Fastest Rushers
Bottom
Topic Subject:Fastest Rushers
Jadden
Mortal
posted 19 May 2005 09:27 PM EDT (US)         
Ok, I am new here and have not played online yet. I have beaten the computer on hard a few times, but lost more then I won.

I figured out the best way to win is to attack first and as soon as possible.

I have played all civ's. I like the Greeks and the Atties, and Thor.

I want to rush as quick and as powerful as I can. When I say rush I mean disrupting economy and having the most powerful rushers as soon as I can.

I heard that Possy's horses are great, and I heard that Zues's Hoplites are great.

I have also read the super nice stat guides and the Loki rush, but really can not grasp that stategy.

So the question is: What are the most powerful rushers?

Thanks in advance.

AuthorReplies:
TOAO_Power
Mortal
posted 19 May 2005 10:12 PM EDT (US)     1 / 8       
Loki, Kronos, oranos.

You don't need to rush if you know how to play late game

DeathAndPain
Mortal
posted 20 May 2005 01:53 AM EDT (US)     2 / 8       
The fastest rush god is definitely Kronos. Loki is a slightly slower alternative. Oranos is rather a raid god.

Darkness is a state of mind
Valor is the contempt of Death and Pain. (Tacitus)
Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back. (Piet Hein)
cake0792
Mortal
posted 21 May 2005 03:40 PM EDT (US)     3 / 8       
Kronos. Rushing the Hard computer is very easy. Try playing online, you get more experience, and human players are harder.

¸ ¸ ¸ ¸ ¸ ¸
| | | | | |
|ŻŻŻŻŻŻ|
|ŻŻŻŻŻŻ|
mmm.... cake....

[This message has been edited by cake0792 (edited 05-21-2005 @ 03:41 PM).]

Lord_Spike3
Mortal
posted 23 May 2005 01:30 AM EDT (US)     4 / 8       
human plrs ahhhhhh it took me 7 games to win won (although now i get to have fun smashin 1700s wid big egos, i keep my rate at 1610, lol).

for rushin i alwayz thought loki was best. enenjars, hesirs, and undermine to take out ur TC can really hurt.

then this kronos guy hit me hard wid promeatheans from a temple right out side my base. outch.

then a friend of mine (who i met by gettin the trash kicked outta me by his strat) rushed me while playin zues. he used archers, bull minotaurs, hoplites, and jason (i think thats zues's first hero), but all he did was attk villes. this isnt really a bad thing but...

i looked at his strat and thought this army could kill a TC. 4 minos and zues's hoplites, outch. i suk at rushin though so i never really developt it but i think it could be deadly since ppl dont think of zues as a rusher like that. oh and if u dont take out the TC stop wid da minos and hoplites, get archers

spike

All men dream, just not some as much as others. Some men dream of great things in the dark of night, but when morning comes they see that these things are out of their reach and forget them. Other men dream in the day, these men are dangerous men indeed, for they dream of change and conquest and fight for it with unmatched strength. These are the Chaos Knights
DeathAndPain
Mortal
posted 23 May 2005 02:58 AM EDT (US)     5 / 8       

Quote:

for rushin i alwayz thought loki was best. enenjars, hesirs, and undermine to take out ur TC can really hurt.

then this kronos guy hit me hard wid promeatheans from a temple right out side my base. outch.

Fact is that Loki > Kronos when matched up against each other. Loki is not better overall, because there are other gods that Kronos can beat easier, but against each other, Loki is superior. Actually Loki is one of the best gods you can have when facing Kronos, because Loki has his main emphasis on hersirs (along with myth units), while Kronos emphasizes myth units. Hersirs are good against all Atlantean in early classical age anyway.

So if he kicked your ass, then you sucked.

Quote:

i looked at his strat and thought this army could kill a TC. 4 minos and zues's hoplites, outch. i suk at rushin though so i never really developt it but i think it could be deadly since ppl dont think of zues as a rusher like that. oh and if u dont take out the TC stop wid da minos and hoplites, get archers

What a new idea... the 1700+ Zeuses do that all the time, so not expecting that is not very smart. Zeus is known as a very dangerous rush god. But he is nowhere near being the fastest rush god, and that is what this thread is about.

There is an easy way to find out if a (non-sucking) Zeus is going to rush you: If he goes Athena, he will most likely try to rush you. If he goes Hermes, expect Centaur strangle instead.

harr
Mortal
posted 25 May 2005 12:19 PM EDT (US)     6 / 8       

Quote:

What are the most powerful rushers?

The only civ I've really managed to rush with is kronos. I can get to classical age between 3:30 and 3:40 minutes into the game. If you time shift your temple over while advancing you can start raiding their economy with your myth units before 4 minutes into the game. Turma are great at killing villagers and you can get quite a large number quickly.

Quote:

I figured out the best way to win is to attack first and as soon as possible.

Not always. Rushing can be effective, but you need to damage your opponents economy more than you damage yours. I've seen some very strong rushes beaten before.

Quote:

I am new here and have not played online yet. I have beaten the computer on hard a few times, but lost more then I won.

What beats the hard computer isn't always good online. The rush I mentioned earlier will without fail beat the hard computer if done properly, but a human player will present a lot more challenge (I've only lost once using it against people though so it isn't bad against them).

I once had a strategy which always beat the hard computer and was terrible online. I've also seen strategies where the computer does better than human players (at lower levels) when facing it.

So just because you can't win on hard yet doesn't mean you can't have a try at playing online. You improve much faster playing online than against the hard computer and you could actually win quite a few games.

[This message has been edited by harr (edited 05-25-2005 @ 12:21 PM).]

Brtnboarder495
Mortal
posted 25 May 2005 07:41 PM EDT (US)     7 / 8       
I usually raid and keep the opponent creating military be sending 4-10 RC over to annoy enemy, raid, and take down all military structures that are outside of TC radius. Usually I can take TC down by 9-10 min with 25-30 med RC. If I feel that the enemy is going to be making alot of counter units I will go heroic ASAP, make 3-4 rams, take another TC and pump villies. Then knock enemy down around 13 min. Usually going the heroic requires making some TA in order to create the HF and TC upon Heroic.

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_
DeathAndPain
Mortal
posted 26 May 2005 08:58 AM EDT (US)     8 / 8       
Who cares what you do? To be more specific, what is the point of your raid/go heroic strategy in a "Fastest Rushers" thread?

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames