Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » rush stop
Bottom
Topic Subject:rush stop
menotyou9
Mortal
posted 22 May 2005 00:56 AM EDT (US)         
how do u stop a kronos ts rush or just a plain rush. i play online and if i get rushed i get creamed. and rush being a very big thing in aom how do i stop it? thank you

(i play as giga or oranos (sp) )

AuthorReplies:
Fanatic_Kaster
Banned
posted 22 May 2005 03:18 AM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
Well with Gaia you can Plant trees around your Towers Point the GP on the outer side then build a house next to the gap, and be sure to keep everything in TC fireing range.

With Oranos you could get 5 Citizens on food and get to Classical quickly to build some truma to match the Krush.

Automations are best for defending, becuase after a raid they can just repair eachother.

HQNS
Mortal
posted 22 May 2005 09:38 AM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
When you are being rushed, you could retreat to your defensive structures (towers, fortresses, walls) try to retreat behind your walls with your bowmen andopen fire.
Also: Do not attack the invaders when your army is too small, just keep firing projectiles.
Always try to find the attacker's weak spot.
Try to create lots of myth-units when countering greek soldiers, they cannot train any hero's when they don't have a town-center near your base.
When countering Norse, always try to destroy the longhouses and temples they will place around your base.
Pug
Mortal
posted 22 May 2005 10:28 AM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
Vs a Krush, find his oracles early and chase them down and kill them with vills. If he cant maintain los he cant timeshift buildings.
In addition to that vs a rushing civ you just plain need to advance no later than 5 min or so. And thats all in the achaic build order. Build defensively (houses around towers, barracks in tc fire range etc, wall of a few gaps here and there etc)
Fanatic_Kaster
Banned
posted 22 May 2005 11:41 AM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
^DOnt do that! Sending 3 Citizens on a wild goose chase is a bad idea, mmm'k.

Half my games I krush, and this is what has given me the most trouble:
1.Jason
2.Oranos Players Advancing at 3:30
3.Sentinals
4.Raiding Cav
5.Isis

If you only play Atty, try to advance a bit faster and use forest/Robots to your advantage.

[This message has been edited by Fanatic_Kaster (edited 05-22-2005 @ 11:48 AM).]

Pug
Mortal
posted 22 May 2005 12:16 PM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
Oops, I completely skipped the fact he was atty. Yeah, dont do that.
TOAO_Power
Mortal
posted 22 May 2005 12:34 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
Just up at 4:30 and turma spam. (If oranos) then pump out prmmies and push him back. Then start raiding alot and take MC
Lord_Spike3
Mortal
posted 23 May 2005 01:02 AM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
if ur a semi noob or a noob dis will help if not oh well.

back in my noob days i didnt get an army untill i was either in heroic (at 20 min or so) or untill i was attked. then wen i started getting troops as soon as i went classical it helped-alot. iv just started playing atty again and the automations have really helped my game (11 attk in cassical for, not very much, plus they cant repair them selves, sweet!) also cheak out my little deffence strat on another post.

Spike

All men dream, just not some as much as others. Some men dream of great things in the dark of night, but when morning comes they see that these things are out of their reach and forget them. Other men dream in the day, these men are dangerous men indeed, for they dream of change and conquest and fight for it with unmatched strength. These are the Chaos Knights
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames