Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » Odin FH
Bottom
Topic Subject:Odin FH
fubudis
Mortal
posted 22 May 2005 08:39 PM EDT (US)         
I checked out the BO list for a Odin Fh but couldn't find anything. I tried it out and got a 7:30 on tundra with 2 rax and a few hesirs in the middle of the map. I know 7:30 is decent for a FH if you have a stable economy but should i be going slower or faster with Odin. Also, if somone could post a BO on an Odin Fh that would be great. I know its not a viable strat past the 1750 level but im just trying tons of stratagies for fun.

If you give a man a match, he will be warm for an hour. If you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life.
AuthorReplies:
BARNEY_HATER
Mortal
posted 23 May 2005 09:45 AM EDT (US)     1 / 8       
Here's one that I know of.

Research Hunting Dogs
Starting villagers and cart to food (preferably hunting)
Send any domestic animals (goats, pigs, cows) to your starting hunting.
Cast Great Hunt on your hunting and domestic animals.
Starting Ulf build house and scout (Start Temple at approx 3:30)
Villagers to gold
Cart to gold
Villager to wood
Villager to food
Dwarf to gold
Villager to food
Villager to food
Villager to food
Dwarf to gold
Villager to food
Villager to food
Dwarf to gold
Dwarf to gold
Move villagers on gold to wood
Villager to food
Villager to food
Villager to wood
Cart to wood
Dwarf to gold
Dwarf to gold
Advance to classical age through Freyja. If done correctly you should have 10 on food, 6 on gold, and 3 on wood.
You should make 2 Hersir and build 3(four all together) houses in transition. Upon hitting classical send two villagers to wood. Use your two Hensir and one Ulfsark to build an armory. Send your ravens to scout along with your Valkyrie. Advance to Heroic Age at 5:55-6:00 if done correctly. Train addition Hensir if you want (3 max), and build two more houses. Research hand axe, but not pickaxe yet. You should advance at approx. 7:00. If you notice you have just enough resources to build a Hillfort. It is the most important thing upon hitting heroic. Make it your top priority. Depending on the amount of builders it will take 40-60 seconds to complete. So while it is being built you should make 4 dwarves to gold. After it is complete start spamming Jarls 5-10 and then some Huskarls when you have to wood to do so. After that the next move it yours. You can be aggressive and attack. I would recommend playing defensive don’t start a battle, but be prepared for one.
The proper placement of your starting Hillfort is very important. It should be placed at the front of your base near some trees so you can cast Walking Woods if necessary. It should not be place terribly far from your town center, but not to close either. It is a judgment call.

A wise man speaks because he something to say.
A foolish man speaks because he has to say something.
~~~>BARNEY_HATER<~~~
Artiem
Mortal
posted 23 May 2005 01:10 PM EDT (US)     2 / 8       

Quote:

If you notice you have just enough resources to build a Hillfort.

Just wondering... how did you get enough favor to make the Hillfort? Do your hunting villagers get enough?

(8-{)aRTieM
Pug
Mortal
posted 23 May 2005 01:48 PM EDT (US)     3 / 8       
Probably the two hersir + hunt kills generated enough favor
nick2
Mortal
posted 23 May 2005 05:45 PM EDT (US)     4 / 8       
is it really only a 1750 strat i was told by someone thet got 1755 with 100% wins with a odin fh
cake0792
Mortal
posted 23 May 2005 06:27 PM EDT (US)     5 / 8       
TOAO_Power, I believe, but on a different nick than that.

¸ ¸ ¸ ¸ ¸ ¸
| | | | | |
|ŻŻŻŻŻŻ|
|ŻŻŻŻŻŻ|
mmm.... cake....
BlazingMatt
Mortal
posted 26 May 2005 08:52 AM EDT (US)     6 / 8       
You can do really well with Odin FH especially on maps witha heap of huntables....I love maps like marsh and tundra where there is so much food you can be hunting nearly the whole game

ODIN ROX!

Sam_Ham
Mortal
posted 26 May 2005 01:37 PM EDT (US)     7 / 8       

Quote:

is it really only a 1750 strat i was told by someone thet got 1755 with 100% wins with a odin fh

TOAO_Honor (Power).

Sometimes you need to scare the lambs,
tell tales of evil bad wolves.
Because if there is nothing to fear,
they might think for themselves.
Tordenskiold
Mortal
posted 26 May 2005 04:00 PM EDT (US)     8 / 8       
This one is really good

All credit goes to PlatinumKnight and AOT Sanctuary:

Fast Heroic: Advance to Heroic Age 7:00-7:30

The goal of this strategy is to advance to Heroic age quickly in order to use its superior units and technologies to over power your opponent.

The build order is as follows.

Research Hunting Dogs
Starting villagers and cart to food (preferably hunting)
Send any domestic animals (goats, pigs, cows) to your starting hunting.
Cast Great Hunt on your hunting and domestic animals.
Starting Ulf build house and scout (Start Temple at approx 3:30)
Villagers to gold
Cart to gold
Villager to wood
Villager to food
Dwarf to gold
Villager to food
Villager to food
Villager to food
Dwarf to gold
Villager to food
Villager to food
Dwarf to gold
Dwarf to gold
Move villagers on gold to wood
Villager to food
Villager to food
Villager to wood
Cart to wood
Dwarf to gold
Dwarf to gold
Advance to classical age through Freyja. If done correctly you should have 10 on food, 6 on gold, and 3 on wood.

You should make 2 Hensir and build 3(four all together) houses in transition. Upon hitting classical send two villagers to wood. Use your two Hensir and one Ulfsark to build an armory. Send your ravens to scout along with your Valkyrie. Advance to Heroic Age at 5:55-6:00 if done correctly. Train addition Hensir if you want (3 max), and build two more houses. Research hand axe, but not pickaxe yet. You should advance at approx. 7:00. If you notice you have just enough resources to build a Hillfort. It is the most important thing upon hitting heroic. Make it your top priority. Depending on the amount of builders it will take 40-60 seconds to complete. So while it is being built you should make 4 dwarves to gold. After it is complete start spamming Jarls 5-10 and then some Huskarls when you have to wood to do so. After that the next move it yours. You can be aggressive and attack. I would recommend playing defensive don’t start a battle, but be prepared for one.

The proper placement of your starting Hillfort is very important. It should be placed at the front of your base near some trees so you can cast Walking Woods if necessary. It should not be place terribly far from your town center, but not to close either. It is a judgment call.

For the FH strategy I would recommend advancing through Njord. There are many reasons why. First if you are attacked while you are building your Hillfort you can cast walking woods to chase you opponent away. He has the very important Ring-Giver technology, and his Mountain Giant can be used to delay and knock down town centers if your opponent tries a take on of your forward town centers. I recommend placing your ravens over the two forward town centers in the middle of the map to prevent this. If your opponent tries to steal you can cast Walking woods to chase his villagers away and send your mountain giant to kill the half built TC.

Skadi is also a viable choice. You can use frost if you are attacked before your Hillfort is built. The Winter Harvest Tech can help your eco once you switch over to farming. The Frost Giant can be used to neutralize dangerous myth units, and Huntress Axe makes TA almost a decent unit.

It is very important that you have ZERO idle villager time during this strategy, because not having enough wood to build your armory or not having enough food to go to Heroic Age can really slow down your Heroic Age time.

I recommend this strategy against Set, Isis, Ra, Hades and Gaia.

TORDENSKIOLD(1690-1720)

During the Great Nordic War (1700-1720), he was commander of the danish navy, which defeaded the swedish army at Kristiania (modern Oslo). After the war, he was killed in a duel on Nov. 12, 1720 just outside Hamburg, Germany, during a travel to England.

ESO: TORDENSKIOLD
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames