You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Discussion

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.10 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » Without Wood?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Without Wood?
lokiman859
Mortal
posted 26 May 2005 12:25 PM EDT (US)         
Has anyone thought about a Egyptian strat that doesnt use wood at all? It has flaws (lack of siege and archers) but Egypt doesnt have many archers anyway. This would be best for Isis, because she has no bonuses that would be wasted.

lokiman859
Member of the Werewolf Clan
'I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every moment of it.'
AuthorReplies:
Lord of terroR
Mortal
posted 26 May 2005 01:32 PM EDT (US)     1 / 10       
ca are much more important than the food units IMO

The power of hell is coming...
FoH; Forces of Hell
Sam_Ham
Mortal
posted 26 May 2005 01:33 PM EDT (US)     2 / 10       
No, you need CA to be effective, not to mention Siege Towers.

A full ele army could work, but I think that your lack of wood would catch up to you upgrades-wise.

Sometimes you need to scare the lambs,
tell tales of evil bad wolves.
Because if there is nothing to fear,
they might think for themselves.
X2C_41nT2L82Qu1T
Banned
posted 26 May 2005 04:57 PM EDT (US)     3 / 10       
You need atleast 1 in archaic if you want to get gold upgrade and add more later for sure or else he will just archer spam you if he sees you have no wood.
TOAO_Power
Mortal
posted 26 May 2005 05:32 PM EDT (US)     4 / 10       
You should have 1-3 in archaic for upgrades.
Brtnboarder495
Mortal
posted 26 May 2005 06:06 PM EDT (US)     5 / 10       
Depends IMO, I think that for a FH 1 i sufficient in archaic, but it helps to add another upon classical. Maximizing food+gold economy first is most important IMO.

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_
Murrogh
Mortal
posted 26 May 2005 06:14 PM EDT (US)     6 / 10       
yes. I have done it in the past I did it as Ra and did a Scarab/eclipse combo. w/ camalry and axemen.
sdw12umdjc
Mortal
posted 26 May 2005 06:57 PM EDT (US)     7 / 10       
I play Ra regularly and I find that 1 villager on wood during archaic, 1(2 total) during transition to classical, 3(5 total) during classical, and 10(15 total) during heroic works well with upgrades and priest. With this I am able to get Shaduuf and both armory upgrades, food(farming) and gold upgrades soon after advancing to classical. I tend to use more camels and spearman and siege towers with fewer numbers of chariot archers so you should probably have 20 on wood by early heroic if you are going to use more chariot archers.

I don't think it would be very smart to go completely without wood because your economy would be really slowed down without upgrades.

cake0792
Mortal
posted 28 May 2005 01:47 AM EDT (US)     8 / 10       
imo.. twenty is a bit much when you hit heroic, especially for a FH. If i stay in classical, I'll boom, build a few barracks, and have 10-15 choppers to make slingers, siege, chariot archers, fortified TC, quarry, irrigation, etc. lots of wood to spend in heroic.

¸ ¸ ¸ ¸ ¸ ¸
| | | | | |
|ŻŻŻŻŻŻ|
|ŻŻŻŻŻŻ|
mmm.... cake....
Brtnboarder495
Mortal
posted 28 May 2005 03:31 PM EDT (US)     9 / 10       
Ya 20 is too much unless you continue to spam Siege and Archers continously. Even with 15 I find myself with extra wood.

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_
sychronizer123
Banned
posted 28 May 2005 05:33 PM EDT (US)     10 / 10       
Unless you want to make wood units, 1-2 wood during entire game is ok if your spamming ellies. Another reason eggies are lame. They don't need wood.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames