You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Discussion

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » Isis FH (already tryed a search)
Bottom
Topic Subject:Isis FH (already tryed a search)
fubudis
Mortal
posted 27 May 2005 09:24 AM EDT (US)         
I know a lot of people hate the Isis FH so sorry in advance. Just a quick question though; how do I stop an early norse rush? a pretty big one at that. I'm pretty good at the FH i can get to heroic by 7:30-8:00 with a good econ i just cant defend against a norse rush.

If you give a man a match, he will be warm for an hour. If you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life.
AuthorReplies:
Olli_Moriturus
Mortal
posted 27 May 2005 10:54 AM EDT (US)     1 / 3       
I think FHing vs. a Norse rusher is pretty much suicide... you will need to try and wear them off in classical. I would say make a lot of axemen vs. Norse, and perhaps spearmen if they use a lot of raiding cavalry.
Pug
Mortal
posted 27 May 2005 12:15 PM EDT (US)     2 / 3       
An extra myth unit, preists a few walls. There is a bit of luck involved too. hope they dont find any distant food gatherers and that your gold is placed well. One rax helps a bunch too. 4-5 spear or axmen should do well enough.
xentelian
Mortal
posted 27 May 2005 02:04 PM EDT (US)     3 / 3       
Go with Anubis rather than Bast. Slighter cheaper myth units that can leap attack, micro away from hersir, and cause some damage on the flyover. Serpents to offer some slight defense at key area like gold mine where he might be trying to tower you in or for water map outside of dock range.

Build monument at beginning of game and research cren upon classical age through Anubis. Use priest to scout your area rather than build obelisks. Spearman, axeman and anubites all have good hack armor. You should only need like 2 villies on wood until later classical because of cren and first level econ upgrades. This should help even things up with his uber hunting.

Can't wait to try axeman anubite force. I think it has good potential vs a odin/thor rush, plus the fact you won't need wood will balance against his time saved with infantry builds and good hunting gather rate.

If facing zeus or loki, I think i would go with priest axeman force initially.

Just remember, early game you probably cannot outnumber him. Just keep him away from villagers and build towards tc and gold mines where possible.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames