You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Discussion

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.16 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » best god for takeing out a TC early?
Bottom
Topic Subject:best god for takeing out a TC early?
Lord_Spike3
Mortal
posted 28 May 2005 01:22 AM EDT (US)         
i dont think it matter how good you are if ur TC is taken out early - ur dead.

So what is the best god for this. Loki comes to mind, but people expect him to try something like that.

So what could be used to take out a TC early without giveng ur opponent heads up?

Spike

All men dream, just not some as much as others. Some men dream of great things in the dark of night, but when morning comes they see that these things are out of their reach and forget them. Other men dream in the day, these men are dangerous men indeed, for they dream of change and conquest and fight for it with unmatched strength. These are the Chaos Knights
AuthorReplies:
Sam_Ham
Mortal
posted 28 May 2005 05:05 AM EDT (US)     1 / 16       
Zeus.

Sometimes you need to scare the lambs,
tell tales of evil bad wolves.
Because if there is nothing to fear,
they might think for themselves.
X2C_41nT2L82Qu1T
Banned
posted 28 May 2005 07:12 AM EDT (US)     2 / 16       
Ra can take it out the fastest (archaic) but zeus and loki can take it out in early classical. What sux is triple loki in a 3 vs 3, they all use undermine on 1 town center around 4:30 and that person loses it and they double rush another one well one of them finishes off the town center loss guy.

[This message has been edited by X2C_41nT2L82Qu1T (edited 05-28-2005 @ 07:14 AM).]

xentelian
Mortal
posted 28 May 2005 11:21 AM EDT (US)     3 / 16       
It is for that reason I don't play team games.
Always harder to find opponents anyway...

I loved playing as Zeus.
I just hated having my arse handed to me by Attie autospam autocounter. (All depends if enemy is attacking you or not in less than 6 minutes)

Ra is very good with skin of rhino, shifting sands your wadjets and villies over to destroy attie tc. Helps take out the attie lame and anc/eclipse lame (because a few priests empowering are readily available) I may switch from Isis to Ra. A/E is expected by any 1700+ anyways.

Tordenskiold
Mortal
posted 29 May 2005 05:37 AM EDT (US)     4 / 16       
Set.

Vision+SS villie rush = Dead TC (unless Isis or Hades)

TORDENSKIOLD(1690-1720)

During the Great Nordic War (1700-1720), he was commander of the danish navy, which defeaded the swedish army at Kristiania (modern Oslo). After the war, he was killed in a duel on Nov. 12, 1720 just outside Hamburg, Germany, during a travel to England.

ESO: TORDENSKIOLD
Sam_Ham
Mortal
posted 29 May 2005 06:06 AM EDT (US)     5 / 16       
I don't see how set is better than Ra for that, you just need a forward unit to provide LOS, and Ra's villies are stronger.

Animals get a negative multiplier vs buildings and the early ones especially wouldn't make a difference.

Sometimes you need to scare the lambs,
tell tales of evil bad wolves.
Because if there is nothing to fear,
they might think for themselves.
Tordenskiold
Mortal
posted 29 May 2005 04:22 PM EDT (US)     6 / 16       
Ra's villagers are not stronger unless you research Skin of Rhino, which you have nor the time or the ressources to do in a villager rush. Also forward unit or obelisk can be destroyed so you have no LOS.

Set is better and the animals do help out some.

TORDENSKIOLD(1690-1720)

During the Great Nordic War (1700-1720), he was commander of the danish navy, which defeaded the swedish army at Kristiania (modern Oslo). After the war, he was killed in a duel on Nov. 12, 1720 just outside Hamburg, Germany, during a travel to England.

ESO: TORDENSKIOLD
X2C_41nT2L82Qu1T
Banned
posted 29 May 2005 06:19 PM EDT (US)     7 / 16       
No skin or rhyno will be researched before (well they walk to his base, which is not a waste of time since you would of had to waited anyway)you can get classical with set and cast shifting sands and animals totaly suck especially by sending them in the middle of his economy where they totaly get owned.

[This message has been edited by X2C_41nT2L82Qu1T (edited 05-29-2005 @ 06:27 PM).]

Nimlot
Mortal
posted 30 May 2005 03:43 AM EDT (US)     8 / 16       

Quote:

No skin or rhyno will be researched before (well they walk to his base, which is not a waste of time since you would of had to waited anyway)you can get classical with set and cast shifting sands and animals totaly suck especially by sending them in the middle of his economy where they totaly get owned.

You show basic lack of knowledge about villager rush in this remark.

You don't "walk" to his base. You use shifting sand. If you walk, you will arrive there too late and he will already be in classical, upgrade towers, put down a military building, move his economy and build TC somewhere else, basicly screw you over real bad.

Set animals may be weak - but you cannot ignore them. They will either

-take the TC fire (so your villagers won't be hit)
-take the attentions of his villagers (so they cannot rebuild or be used in villager war)

You don't stop playing games because you get old, you get old because you stop playing games
X2C_41nT2L82Qu1T
Banned
posted 30 May 2005 06:49 AM EDT (US)     9 / 16       
No walking to his base well researching skin or rhyno around 4mins will get there before hes classical... but by the time you advance with set, regroup all your vills in a tight circle and cast shifting sands with the los hes going to be in classical age with god powers like ceasefire, restoration, plague of serpents, eclipse (blocks shifting sands when he sees you have los), etc

You say animals take the tc fire, thats like saying using hoplite + prodomos is effective vs hoplite + toxote because the hoplite will take the arrow fire (cant find any good examples...). Its easy to prove points by using the worst things your opponent could do, how much micro does it take to click on town center, click on your pharaoh, priest and then villagers, and grab 5 vills to kill the animals well the rest repair the town center and you can even garrison some to get a better attack.

Tell me monkeys will be any use in a villie rush, because on the maps with the rhynos and elephants, etc he will advance way faster than on maps where ra villie rushes him.

Nimlot
Mortal
posted 30 May 2005 07:39 AM EDT (US)     10 / 16       
What is your rate ?

You don't stop playing games because you get old, you get old because you stop playing games
nick2
Mortal
posted 30 May 2005 09:15 AM EDT (US)     11 / 16       
Well i'm not totally sure and i'm not sure i should speak for him, but i think he is 1750+.
Lord_Spike3
Mortal
posted 30 May 2005 10:51 AM EDT (US)     12 / 16       
So how many villes should be used in a ville rush? or really how many can u send in wid any hope of destroying the TC?

And has anyone tested the ville rush wid Ra and then Set?

Spike

All men dream, just not some as much as others. Some men dream of great things in the dark of night, but when morning comes they see that these things are out of their reach and forget them. Other men dream in the day, these men are dangerous men indeed, for they dream of change and conquest and fight for it with unmatched strength. These are the Chaos Knights
Pug
Mortal
posted 30 May 2005 11:07 AM EDT (US)     13 / 16       
Both Set and RA will work with this.....geez people.
You can either do an archaic villy rush or wait for SS. Either way one of the key things you need is 100 food and 400 gold to take his tc. If your RA make the monument early and get skin of rhino for the archaic version. If you wait till ss then also make 2-4 mercs and ss your vills, the mercs, wadjet, priest and pharoh. Set is good for this cause of Vision so you dont have to worry about los. For the archaic version try to hunt forward so they can keep hunting while the rest of your vills walk to them.
Using ss makes it so you have to gather all your vills while the archaic or even classical walking style does not. Also if your gonna walk you can also take bast with Ra, , advance early make another sphynx, walk everyone over and cast eclipse if vsing ceasefire.
Not a very good strat vs Hades or any other eggy.

[This message has been edited by Pug (edited 05-30-2005 @ 11:09 AM).]

raaman
posted 31 May 2005 08:21 PM EDT (US)     14 / 16       
i was playing a loki rusher as ra and he built really forward and had my teammate just about to lose, so i did ss villy rush and took out his towncenter. then his army came marching down and my villagers killed it off as well.
iamdork
Mortal
posted 31 May 2005 09:16 PM EDT (US)     15 / 16       
I used to do the villie rush, but it is too much of a win or lose strat for me. I would generally agree with pug... but add that although eggy and hades are the worst, atlantean are the easiest, and norse are pretty close especially if they built forward. However, I would not try it on zeus or poseiden just because of the added tc hp makes it that much more of a risk.
DalTXColtsFan
Mortal
posted 31 May 2005 11:47 PM EDT (US)     16 / 16       
I'd say definitely Zeus. 12 hops, 2 minotaurs and a hero and if he's not ready, gg.

Loki's too easy to prepare for and you need a bigger army to have realistic hope of taking it down. I'm only a 1550 Isis player and the Loki rush at the 6:00 doesn't faze me unless I do something really dumb in classical like forget to build a temple or not build enough free houses.

How fast, in theory, could you FH with an Atty god that gets behemoths? The free behemoth can take out a TC all by itself, and with a few turmae or other soldiers to take out any heroes attacking it (well, this would be much harder against a mass of Hersir than against one or two greek heroes or massed priests but you know what I mean) that could be a threat.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames