Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » "Different" Technique
Bottom
Topic Subject:"Different" Technique
Brtnboarder495
Mortal
posted 30 May 2005 05:46 PM EDT (US)         
Usually when I face an eggy player (I am norse) the enemy usually does not go FH, which is typical because FH is suicide against norse. However I tried something different, I made a forward base and all to portray the fact that I was going to raid, rush and hang in classical for a while. But I FH'd myself (well not totally FH, I threw in 3 RC to raid a lil and was in heroic by 830-9). My enemy didn't FH and stayed in classical while semi-spamming Spearman. I know he is not a newb and usually FH's when I play 2v2 with him. It was so funny because the enemy thought I would stick in classical and infact I did the opposite. Upon Heroic I claimed a TC, pumped out villies, to gain the eco upperhand. I basically established a solid economy and by 12 I was hammering through the enemies base with rams, RC and some valks.

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_

[This message has been edited by Brtnboarder495 (edited 05-30-2005 @ 05:49 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Sam_Ham
Mortal
posted 30 May 2005 05:50 PM EDT (US)     1 / 6       
You Fh'd against eggy, good for you.

I mean, it is one of the norse counter-eggy strats.

May I suggest - if you are planning to FH - getting that 2nd TC upon hitting classical, and then advancing. This conentrates all your ragged band of norse builders on your Hill Fort, which is ever so useful for protecting forward gold and producing the jarl/husk combo.

[This message has been edited by Sam_Ham (edited 05-30-2005 @ 05:53 PM).]

Flammifer
Hero
posted 30 May 2005 05:56 PM EDT (US)     2 / 6       
the thing that makes a norse fh good against the eggy fh is huskars. They great against ca and camels that the eggy will be making from the midgol. If huskarls and jarls don't do any better than your classical units against the eggy classical units there doesn't seem to be a good reason to rush to heroic those resources would have probably been better spent some other way. And unless your not playing titans there's no need to go to heroic to claim another tc.

[This message has been edited by Flammifer (edited 05-30-2005 @ 08:15 PM).]

TOAO_Power
Mortal
posted 30 May 2005 06:24 PM EDT (US)     3 / 6       
Odin FH is the best strat vs eggy, it works with thor too. Just plan your economy for jarls vs Isis, so you beat the Anc+Ecl.
nick2
Mortal
posted 30 May 2005 07:50 PM EDT (US)     4 / 6       
um... brtnboarder do you mean titans or vanilla?
Mighty Noldor
Mortal
posted 30 May 2005 09:03 PM EDT (US)     5 / 6       

Odin Semi-FH is OK vs Eggy I think.
Raiding with 3-6 RC+Free Valk to distract him and disrupt his economy and go heroic at 8:30-9:30, then switch to jarls (Huskalrs if he manages to go CA). With a good number of jarls not even A/E can stop you. Just delay him as much as you can to gain the upper hand. Cast FF early vs Isis if you can (coz of the monument later).

"Let me hear the batlle cry, Calling on the wind
Let me see the banners fly, Before the storm begins
Let me feel the spirits soar, Destroy the enemy
Striking at the evil core, For all the world to see"
Judas Priest - One Shot at Glory
DeathAndPain
Mortal
posted 31 May 2005 02:58 AM EDT (US)     6 / 6       
According to my experience, against an FH Eggy, you can either go FH on your own, or grab a second TC. But if you are too greedy and do both, it appears to work at first, but then you are crushed by migdol forces of far superior size before you can get sufficient troops of your own (and a minimum of upgrades like the medium ones that his migdol troops have built-in). You lose your 2nd TC to his elephants, while your econ is being raided by chariots, and then you have lost the game.

I admit it is pretty tempting though. That is why it has lost me so many games...

The obvious exception is if you are going for Nemesis' fast mythic Rag+FW tactics (in which you grab as many TCs as possible, just to make Rag villies and give his phants something to do while you are on your way to mythic age).

Going FH and then dropping a hill fort or two and spamming troops works. It is better to get a few raiding RC in classical though, so that you keep him on his heels, but without delaying your heroic too much.

You can seize the 2nd TC when you are firmly positioned in heroic age with your hill forts securing an important location (preferably gold mines).

Darkness is a state of mind
Valor is the contempt of Death and Pain. (Tacitus)
Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back. (Piet Hein)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames