Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » Hot Keys
Bottom
Topic Subject:Hot Keys
Fazy
Mortal
posted 31 May 2005 03:49 PM EDT (US)         
How important would you say hot keys are? At what rating do them come in to play? I've never learnt/used hot keys because I don't feel like using hot keys will boost my gaming at all.

[This message has been edited by Fazy (edited 05-31-2005 @ 03:49 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Flammifer
Hero
posted 31 May 2005 04:11 PM EDT (US)     1 / 5       
anyone playing online should be using hotkeys for most common buildings and units. Most good players will use hotkeys almost all the time when possible. It just takes too much time to move the mouse down to the corner of the screen and click the little picture. Especially when they really small because you've customized your UI. Then there are things that you can only do with hotkeys. Like go to selected unit (space) or go to last sound. After a while it just becomes second nature.
Pug
Mortal
posted 31 May 2005 04:48 PM EDT (US)     2 / 5       
use them, but remap them. I personally use fds and a for all units. I kept the buildingd default though.
X2C_41nT2L82Qu1T
Banned
posted 31 May 2005 05:07 PM EDT (US)     3 / 5       
Since I almost only play aom well eating supper every couple days for fun and not competively I dont use hotkeys because I cant (1 hand) and dont feel like it (only playing to have fun). Sometimes tho I feel like being a little faster and use some hotkeys but I dont realy find them nessecery at my level they probably do matter 1900+ tho.
Pwned
Mortal
(id: You_Are_Pwned)
posted 31 May 2005 05:25 PM EDT (US)     4 / 5       
I can't play without hotkeys, they make a big difference in terms of speed. It's probably best just learning a few at first.

As for setup, having space bar as your idle vill key is very useful.

ada
Pug
Mortal
posted 31 May 2005 06:08 PM EDT (US)     5 / 5       
I put idle vill at middle mouse button. space bar is good too.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames