You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Technical Help
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.260 replies, Sticky
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Technical Help » Invalid CD-Key? Look Here!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Invalid CD-Key? Look Here!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 9 10 11  Next Page »
papaya
ಠ_ಠ
(id: X_MOSS)
posted 27 October 2007 11:21 PM EDT (US)         

Invalid CD-Key/Can't connect to ESO

There are solutions for some copies of the game. This problem is caused by new copies of Age of Mythology - Gold Edition being shipped with the same CD-Key. Since a CD-Key can only be logged onto ESO once at a time, this causes these copies to never or almost never work online. This is a very common problem that many new users have been facing ever since Microsoft gave the distribution rights for Age of Mythology to other publishers. If you have one of these newer copies of the game and are experiencing this problem, your CD-Key will be as follows: BDKRJ-HFRHW-8W3YV-*****-*****

Luckily, our users have found that these sellers are able to give out new, unique, CD-Keys. Firstly you'll need to check the box of your recently purchased game to find the vendor. The following vendors are known to sell Age of Mythology - Gold Edition: Valusoft, Ubisoft, That's Hot and Xplosiv. Once you find your vendor, follow the directions under the corresponding header below:

Valusoft

You will need to email their support department using the form on this page asking for new CD-Keys for online play. You will probably have to provide certain information from your CD or box. For more information, see this thread.

Ubisoft

You will need to email their support department using the form on this page, asking for new CD-Keys for online play. You will probably have to provide certain information from your CD or box. For more information, see this thread.

Recently people have reported that Ubisoft were only given a certain amount of new CD-Keys from Microsoft and have now run out. At this point, there is nothing you can do except try to get a refund and find another copy of the game from a different distributer.

Xplosiv

You will need to email their support department (support@empire.co.uk) asking for a new CD-Key for online play. Including the following information in your email:

1) An image of the rear of the box showing the barcode.
2) An image of the receipt for the game. If no receipt is available you will need to send an image of the header from a Gas or Electricity bill showing your name and address.

That's Hot

There is no known solution for copies of the game sold by That's Hot. It says on the cover in the small print that the game is not compatible with online play. Try to get a refund and find another copy of the game from a different distributer.

If you cannot find Ubisoft, Valusoft, Xplosiv or That's Hot anywhere on the package, look harder! It has been reported that at times it is very well disguised and hard to find. If your copy of the game is published by someone not on the list above, please post a reply to this thread.

oh you can wait for what I can give
you know what I am so you know how I live
try to look proud but youíre not in the slightest
its happening now and itís always been like this.

[This message has been edited by DragonQ (edited 07-05-2009 @ 07:56 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
kenwag
Citizen
posted 15 July 2011 03:32 PM EDT (US)     251 / 260       
So is there no way to play on ESO if you're not in the US? Isn't there anywhere online where you can pay Microsoft to buy a cd key? I bought some games online from Blizzard and got the key with my purchase, can't that be done with AOm?
JoshGlzBrk
Citizen
posted 10 September 2011 05:43 PM EDT (US)     252 / 260       
Just letting you guys know it's not that hard to find an original copy of the game...

I found two on ebay today, and verified with the seller (and through pictures) that they are the original copies with working cd keys....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150659281051#ht_500wt_1413

If anyone wants it ^

You just have to look.
BallinRavens
Citizen
posted 29 September 2011 10:36 PM EDT (US)     253 / 260       
Hi guys, so I just recently rebought AoM with Titans, of course i recieve the "Invalid CD Key" when trying to play online. So I emailed Valusoft and its been 3 days and they still have not responded.. is their "support" now defunct? Or do I just have to wait a little longer?
ajizzle21
Citizen
posted 10 April 2014 01:52 AM EDT (US)     254 / 260       
Hello. I bought AoM when it first came out many years ago. Me and my friends have recently brought it back up in conversation and I have been really anxious to play it again. Unfortunately, I have the original box it came in, the two CDs and the gigantic manual that comes along with it. Nothing else. I believe that the actual CD case has been thrown away along with the Product Key. What do I do? I wouldn't mind buying a new one but do they even still sell this game? I heard that the new ones come with Product Key problems of their own anyway. Is there a way I can just get emailed a new one?
MaddogMastaMan
Citizen
posted 20 April 2014 04:39 PM EDT (US)     255 / 260       
Hey where is the activation key on the box?
Yeebaagooon
EXCO Emeritus
posted 20 April 2014 04:57 PM EDT (US)     256 / 260       
Usually a sticker inside the box or on the back of the manual.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"I saw the picture and became immediately worried about Yeeb seducing and buying out Zen" - Shanks13
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto 5.0|Multiplayer: Minigames X 4.7|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
DragonQ
SC2H Seraph
posted 21 April 2014 07:11 AM EDT (US)     257 / 260       
Unique product keys are no longer required for any aspect of AoM now that ESO isn't accessible. Any old product key will work...

Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand.
I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back.
Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.
There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.
But you can't take the sky from me...
MaddogMastaMan
Citizen
posted 21 April 2014 04:49 PM EDT (US)     258 / 260       
Could I get the product key from a computer that it is already installed on?
DragonQ
SC2H Seraph
posted 21 April 2014 05:06 PM EDT (US)     259 / 260       
Yes.

Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand.
I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back.
Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.
There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.
But you can't take the sky from me...

[This message has been edited by DragonQ (edited 04-21-2014 @ 05:10 PM).]

MaddogMastaMan
Citizen
posted 21 April 2014 05:17 PM EDT (US)     260 / 260       
Thank you so very much! You don't know how excited I am to be able to play some AoM again!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 9 10 11  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames