You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.26 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » The Legend Of Zelda - storyline
Bottom
Topic Subject:The Legend Of Zelda - storyline
bo shek mafia ma
Mortal
posted 16 January 2003 02:01 PM EDT (US)         
I have decided which unit I'm going to use for Link and other characers (it changes when you get a diffrent weapon).

Link with Spear - Arkantos
Link with Bow and Arrow - Odyssues
Link with Club - Ajax
Triforce Blessed Link - Arkantos (uber)
Princess Zelda - Athena
Gryforn (the main bad guy in this) - Guardian
Ganandorf Reborn - Garginenses
Link on Horse - Achillies

The stroy is about this monster guy called Gryforn who invades a city called Malkar. Malkar holds seven coins that give someone ultimate power...only if they know how to use the Coins. No one knows how until Gryforn came across these scrolls that told him how to work and use the Coins. Anyway, Gryforn gets the Coins but before he can use the power of the Coins, he is attacked by some Malkar warriors. In the confusion, one of the Malkar warriors called Twig scatters the seven Coins across the planet.

Link gets called by the Triforce to find the Coins, and use the Coins ultimate power to destroy Gryforn.

I've done a demo of the first level (Fall Of Malkar) and it sees you being Gryforn and some other units trying to destroy the Wonder that holds the Coins on Mt. Malkar.

If you want to help, contact me at tynanjames@hotmail.com

AuthorReplies:
RiderOfEternity
Mortal
posted 16 January 2003 04:22 PM EDT (US)     1 / 26       
Hey, how about Link with sword?... I done a bit of the intro sequence with Link(Theseus), he could be Link at a bigginers stage, and then gets better as he goes through those different characters, and by the way an RPG needs at least 2 other players, so put 3 other players in, ply2 is this woman with a spear, p3 is Jason, and p4 is Hippolyta
I'd post a d/l of what i've done so far if I could...

Leader of Liquid Fire. Animator Seb C.

One does not simply leave HG
Zalpacuiztli
Mortal
posted 16 January 2003 04:31 PM EDT (US)     2 / 26       
Ajax doesn't have a club, he has a spear, the guy with the club is Heracles

"I HATE THE WORLD AND IT HATES ME TOO"
Loser of Mithrandir_88's Non-Award for Losing the "Whoever Gets the Last Post Loses" Thread
Winner of the "Craziest Forummer Award" AoMH Semi-Annual Awards '03
Co-Author of the Aztec Civilization Outline for AOM
RiderOfEternity
Mortal
posted 19 January 2003 02:57 AM EDT (US)     3 / 26       
:P Just trying to get this post back to the top :P

redwolfalex
Mortal
posted 23 January 2003 03:57 PM EDT (US)     4 / 26       
you spelled Odysseus and Gargarensis wrong
Mojo14
Mortal
posted 23 January 2003 04:41 PM EDT (US)     5 / 26       
The demo was poorly done, other then a little city and dialog it's a blank map.
RiderOfEternity
Mortal
posted 25 January 2003 01:53 AM EDT (US)     6 / 26       
Well DUH we've hardly done anything yet, just an intro, no eye candy or anything yet. I think boshek is carrying on with it now.

bo shek mafia ma
Mortal
posted 25 January 2003 03:58 AM EDT (US)     7 / 26       
RiderOfEternitay has done an excellent intro using Link with sword as Thesues so I'll use Thesues. As for the demo, we've hardly started it so dont put pressure on us.
RiderOfEternity
Mortal
posted 25 January 2003 07:49 AM EDT (US)     8 / 26       
Well said boshek Good on ya

Tevious
Mortal
(id: The Vampire Slayer)
posted 25 January 2003 10:54 AM EDT (US)     9 / 26       
Here's my advice:

- Gannon was a minotuar-like guy last I remember, so you should use Kamos or a Minotuar.

- Stick with only Arkantos and Odysseus for the un-mounted versions of Link. Rather than a club fighting Link, give him a horse so you cover all the main counter units in the game (Infantry, Archers, and Cavalry).

- Don't release something until its done. Its ok to have 1 or 2 demos to give people a taste of what to expect, but please don't be releasing several versions of your campaign every time you get something little accomplished.

Although, if I were you I wouldn't even bother making a "Zelda" campaign. Sure Zelda was fun, but its not very original. You'll probably get much more respect if you made up your own characters and just made it a "Zelda-like" game.

@)₪₪₪₪ ŤΣVŮS ₪₪₪₪(@
|| OŢ .◊ ŤΡМ ◊. SLX ||
|| ŘĿŦŔ .◊ ŦŚŤĮ ◊. ĶǾŤ ||
@)₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪(@
bo shek mafia ma
Mortal
posted 26 January 2003 08:46 AM EDT (US)     10 / 26       
I think Zelda is original (the game itself on the N64). Its the only RPG (i've seen) that doesen't have turn based battles! Anyway after this I may do a Starfox Adventures RPG or Final Fantasy.
Tevious
Mortal
posted 26 January 2003 12:30 PM EDT (US)     11 / 26       
You missed the point, Zelda was original, yes. But you're not very original by using their franchise for a scenario.

What I'm suggesting is to remove all the Zelda aspects of the game and make your own characters and locations, ect. But you could still make it a Zelda-like game.

There were plenty of Zelda scenarios done in AoK by noobs because they were just Zelda fans who thought it would be cool to make a Zelda scenario, despite their lack of designing skills, so their scenarios turned out to be bad. What makes you any different? What makes you think people won't assume you fit that description as well? Come up with something more original and you'll get much more respect for your scenario if it turns out good.

BTW, quit making so many threads about your Zelda scenario. It's spam. You don't need to make a thread for the storyline, the music, the fact that it's a campaign now, ect. You should only have a single Zelda thread and just post everything in there. I suggest you use this thread and post the other stuff you wanted to discuss about it in here too.

@)₪₪₪₪ ŤΣVŮS ₪₪₪₪(@
|| OŢ .◊ ŤΡМ ◊. SLX ||
@)₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪(@

[This message has been edited by Tevious (edited 01-26-2003 @ 12:35 PM).]

bo shek mafia ma
Mortal
posted 26 January 2003 02:06 PM EDT (US)     12 / 26       
Didnt mean to make you get angry. But what your saying is that just because I'm making a scenrio based on a real game makes me a noob?
bo shek mafia ma
Mortal
posted 26 January 2003 02:11 PM EDT (US)     13 / 26       
BTW I argree with you I think I may of posted a little bit to much (but I didnt post the thing about the campaing)
Tevious
Mortal
posted 27 January 2003 10:16 AM EDT (US)     14 / 26       

Quote:

Didn't mean to make you get angry. But what your saying is that just because I'm making a scenrio based on a real game makes me a noob?

First of all, I wasn't angry. Second of all, I didn't say that makes you a noob, but if you look back at the previous Zelda rip-offs, people will assume this scenario won't be any different. I'm only trying to give you good advice.

@)₪₪₪₪ ŤΣVŮS ₪₪₪₪(@
|| OŢ .◊ ŤΡМ ◊. SLX ||
@)₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪(@
bo shek mafia ma
Mortal
posted 27 January 2003 01:06 PM EDT (US)     15 / 26       
OK sorry
RiderOfEternity
Mortal
posted 28 January 2003 01:16 AM EDT (US)     16 / 26       
Hey, when people see 'The Legend of Zelda' campaign they'll more attracted to it cos it has the name of one of the best games ever!
By the way I'm writting the plot for the campaign.
But i just noticed something, i havn't got broadband so it would take me AGES to upload a campaign with loads of sounds that took me hours to d/l!
Laterz

RiderOfEternity
Mortal
posted 28 January 2003 01:24 AM EDT (US)     17 / 26       
Forgot to say something!:P
Sorry for posting so many topics.
And please don't think of us as a bunch of zelda fans that want to make a zelda campaign just because we like Zelda.
Well first of all i'm not like a TRUE Zelda fan and me and boshek have had much experience of map designing in SW:GB and AoK:TC (I havnt seen any zelda games in aok tc though).

I PROMISE you that this game will not just be another campaign... This will be The One Campaign to rule them all!
Thank you for reading

RiderOfEternity
Mortal
posted 28 January 2003 12:09 PM EDT (US)     18 / 26       
Ok, I really need some feedback now, like how many levels do people want? What kind of puzzles there'll be...etc
You know, just send anything you want to be in the game and we'll consider it

RiderOfEternity
Mortal
posted 01 February 2003 01:58 AM EDT (US)     19 / 26       
Hey boshek can you delete some of the messages in here (the ones that havn't got much to do with this topic) that way more people will read the topic
Sorry about the signature, I've changed it now so it will be different in my next post

[This message has been edited by RiderOfEternity (edited 02-01-2003 @ 04:10 PM).]

RiderOfEternity
Mortal
posted 14 February 2003 09:16 AM EDT (US)     20 / 26       
Hello, just thought i'd update you on whats going on...
Well I think boshek is working on Lv3, im working on Lv2 and Lv1 which is kinda broken at the moment.
And I need someone to make voice to back the dialog in this campaign (which will have 30 levels).
Also I'd like to join a map designing team... any teams wanting more members?
Thanks for your support
Actually, boshek i think we should start lv1 again because there are lots of things wrong with it and i'm really bugged about lv1 being set in snow, i mean have you ever seen a Zelda game starting in snow?? I think i'll start it again in the grass and with players being greek. Don't worry about the story line, it'll still lead up to what happens in lv2.. Laterz

[This message has been edited by RiderOfEternity (edited 02-14-2003 @ 09:46 AM).]

bo shek mafia ma
Mortal
posted 14 February 2003 01:46 PM EDT (US)     21 / 26       
Yeah I think we should. Start it in Hyrule Castle or something.

Presenting...
Lord Of the Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkien
The Saga reproduced exclusively for Age Of Mythology
Coming soon..in Fall 04

MudokonGod
Banned
posted 15 February 2003 05:35 AM EDT (US)     22 / 26       
Instead of using Theseus, you should use Jason as you can get the download to change his textures to that of Link which has gotta be good...
RiderOfEternity
Mortal
posted 15 February 2003 08:55 AM EDT (US)     23 / 26       
Yes we are using Jason now, but we gotta get Izzy's permision before we can use the mod for the campaign.
By the way I didn't know what Hyrule castle is so i just made a village, with some nice eyecandy

RiderOfEternity
Mortal
posted 18 February 2003 09:57 AM EDT (US)     24 / 26       
This is off-topic but does anyone have a file for a no. of kills condition? I really need it for my Fortress Blood

RiderOfEternity
Mortal
posted 08 March 2003 01:44 AM EDT (US)     25 / 26       
Hey, here's an update on the campaign

ZELDA PROJECT LOG
------------------------------------------------------------
All levels will still have things added or removed when completed.
Zelda Intro(prolouge) Completed
Link- Jason_ Petition for permission of using Link mod in campaign
Lv1 Started, corrupted... restarted 15 Feb
Lv2 Started Feb 8th (think)
Lv3 Started Feb 8th (think)
Lv1 restarted by boshek (unknown date)
RiderOfEternity's part of the project suspended until Fortress Blood is finished.
8th March- Project scrapped

Yep we've stopped production, because we couldn't see how it'd workout(you know, one hero by himself no armies, no big battles...).
Well sorry if your dissapointed. But I think boshek is making a new campaign.

~RiderOfEternity

bo shek mafia ma
Mortal
posted 08 March 2003 03:10 AM EDT (US)     26 / 26       
I dont think anyone really gave a f*** about this Zelda project anyway. Its being nice working with you Rider...sniff...

Presenting...
Lord Of the Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkien
The Saga reproduced exclusively for Age Of Mythology
Coming soon..in Fall 04

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames