You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.34 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Scenario Editor Wish/Bug List
Bottom
Topic Subject:Scenario Editor Wish/Bug List
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
LicensedDevil
Mortal
posted 02 February 2003 05:20 PM EDT (US)         
There are so many of them, post below and I'll edit the list, then we know what problems there are and what to avoid.

1) Unit Create effect doesn't work online

2) Set Tech Status no longer works Fixed

3) GIVE US A UNIT EDITOR

4) An accumulate attribute for kills

5) Unit Teleport doesn't work online

6) Generating blank maps from blank maps isn't possible, you must first generate an rm then regenate the blank map.

7) Generating a large blank map half does it with the terrain, but leaves the rest the same.

8) There is only one 'random terrain' and it is awful, a way to get a completely flat map without having to use Elevation Sample would be nice.

9) Hiding the cursor when taking a screenshot in the file menu sometimes makes the cursor disappear completely, meaning you have to completely restart AoM to make it reappear.

10)Better Cinematics. We can only add a line and a half of dialogue, and being able to pitch in the editor would be nice.

11) Unit Categorisation into Norse, Greek, Egyptian, Gaia, as well as being able to place various upgrades of each unit, eg. Champion or Heavy Hoplite not just standard.

12) Better trigger naming. When you add a new trigger, it should be named Trigger_01, not Trigger_256. (This is community wide not just personal)

13) You should be able to pick individual wonders from the objects menu.

14) Unit Work should work with everything. For example, I wanted a norse ulfsark to build a lighthouse - doesn't work.

15) Campaign Editor.

16) Pull-down menus for various triggers (animations, render sky etc. should be in there).

17) Elimination of the "brush to small to paint water" message. All brushes should be able to paint watter.

18) Fix the unit in area condition to make it more user-friendly.

19) We want more SPC heroes! Just random heroes!

20) more Norse objects. The Norse seem like an after-thought in the editor. They have no custom buildings like the Greeks and Eggies, and they have no Cinematic Dead Bodies. They also have some sucky heroes to work with (2 dwarves, a Valkyrie, and some random guys). It just seems the Norse don't get as much as everyone else.

21) I'd love to be able to save brush sizes, for those times when you just can't keep working and have to leave for a bit, then come back and try to pick up where you left off... (God knows how the hell they'd do that)

22) More custom Scenario Editor Objects.

23) An animation Editor

24) When creating a blank map, a dropdown select box to select the default terrain (ie. other than grass).

25) AoMdefaultAI.xs doesn't handle diffculty differences, bugs in difficulty condition.

26) The editor should be more freindly to research techs - like there should be a little menu where you can set what technologies the player would immediatly research on startup. Similar to disabled tech list menu where you just pick off techs you want to disable, but instead you pick off techs you want to research immediatly. This isn't a hard thing i don't think. It could be worked into the syntax where it creates the same code as a "research tech" trigger when you select a tech to be researched. It could even be kicked up a notch where you could add timers to when a tech would be researched (and how many times).

27) There should be a button (or key) that you press to rotate through a unit's different upgrades and art. So you could have a 1st age house and a 4th age house for the same player, and it'll also save the hastle of having a player be in the 4th age just to get 4rth age building art.

28) For units you press something like Shift+C or something to rotate it's status as "Toxotes, Medium Toxotes, Champion Toxotes" etc.

29) Unit Teleport and Army Teleport don't work online.

30) Drop down menus everywhere rather that having to type the names etc. of things, eg. unit in area, render sky would make things one hell of a lot easier, and there's no reason why this shouldn't have been there in the first place, it's almost as though you don't want us to use the editor.

31) A way to force players to be a certain major god, or to limit the major gods available to the player.

32) In the editor you can't create teams before creating maps. Under FILE>NEW if you put 8 players, it assumes all 8 are against each other. You can't set up map defaults, diplomacy & etc first, then do "create map" under said circumstances. Otherwise, you have to move items around the map, remove mountains, add mountains, etc.

33) The AI just tweaks me out sometimes. I'll create a blank map, use the default AI, put 4 settlements around the computer TC, and then play. The computer won't recognize the settlements and therefore won't advance. Maybe this goes someplace else...

34) Cinematic Buildings

35) You can't playtest a scenario in other than easy level.

36) Grouping nullifies armies.

[This message has been edited by LicensedDevil (edited 04-11-2003 @ 05:54 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Mechamir
Mortal
posted 02 February 2003 05:37 PM EDT (US)     1 / 34       
Isn't the unit editer supposed to be added in a patch at some point? This in my opinion is the worst thing about Age of Mythology, and the sooner it gets fixed the better - I don't mind if it's the same standard as AoK:TC's unit editer, as long as I can change attack, hitpoints and names of units...
DarkKnight_
Mortal
(id: PW_DarkKnight)
posted 02 February 2003 05:47 PM EDT (US)     2 / 34       
1) Use army deploy.

2) Yea.

3) They know, they're working on it. It was taken out due to problems.

4) You can always use Norse favor until we get this.

DK
LicensedDevil
Mortal
posted 02 February 2003 05:51 PM EDT (US)     3 / 34       
I know about norse favour, i wrote the darn tutorial, in fact i wrote most of the ways round these, http://www.ids.scnnetwork.com/articledb/index.php?lang=0&CODE=01&id=3 but it isn't really adequate, this is a wish list as well.
DarkKnight_
Mortal
posted 02 February 2003 06:07 PM EDT (US)     4 / 34       
Didn't know there was a tutorial

DK
phantom_rider
Mortal
(id: phantom_rider2)
posted 02 February 2003 06:31 PM EDT (US)     5 / 34       
5) Make it easier to move units (either that or allow us to delete specific units, I hate having to delete all the units near this one unit just because he is near too many other units and walks back toward his orginal postion when moved[/rant])
LicensedDevil
Mortal
posted 03 February 2003 12:43 PM EDT (US)     6 / 34       
@phantom you can already do this... just exit any current mode you're in by pressing esc, then select a unit and press delete...
LicensedDevil
Mortal
posted 03 February 2003 04:56 PM EDT (US)     7 / 34       
Added a few more...
monroepq
Mortal
posted 03 February 2003 07:08 PM EDT (US)     8 / 34       
How 'bout better cinematics. I can only add a line and a half of dialogue. Also, it should be easier to place unit upgrades, and units overall. For example, when placing objects, it should be organized like this:
Norse, Greek, Egyptian, Gaia
And then in those categories, would be all the different units for the respective culture, included upgrades, so you could have one medium hoplite, as well as a Champion hoplite. It should be easier for the ages too.

Better trigger naming. When you add a new trigger, it should be named Trigger_01, not Trigger_256(this may just be me).

You should be able to pick individual wonders from the objects menu.

Unit Work should work with everything. For example, I wanted a norse ulfsark to build a lighthouse - doesn't work.

What about a unit attack trigger? I'm new to scenario editing in all, maybe unit work does the trick.

Campaign Editor.

Pull-down menus for various triggers (animations should be in there).

Elimination of the "brush to small to paint water" message. All brushes should be able to paint watter.

Fix the unit in area condition to make it more user-friendly.

phantom_rider
Mortal
posted 03 February 2003 07:42 PM EDT (US)     9 / 34       
*Is happy to know 'delete' works in editor*

It would also be cool to somehow change pitch inside the editor...

lief ericson
Mortal
posted 03 February 2003 11:20 PM EDT (US)     10 / 34       
I want more SPC heroes! Just random heroes! And more Norse objects. Maybe it's me but the Norse seem like an after-thought in the editor. They have no custom buildings like the Greeks and Eggies, and they have no Cinematic Dead Bodies. They also have some sucky heroes to work with (2 dwarves, a Valkyrie, and some random guys). Maybe it's me but it just seems the Norse don't get as much as everyone else.

SEXITUP.
Former Leader of the FPH Clan
Acting-President of AoMH
phantom_rider
Mortal
posted 04 February 2003 10:45 PM EDT (US)     11 / 34       
I'd love to be able to save brush sizes, for those times when you just can't keep working and have to leave for a bit, then come back and try to pick up where you left off...
LicensedDevil
Mortal
posted 05 February 2003 01:48 PM EDT (US)     12 / 34       
thanks for the ideas guys, added most of them, keep em rolling in.
WilliamtheBloody
Mortal
posted 05 February 2003 05:05 PM EDT (US)     13 / 34       
A "delay trigger effect" would be nice...
LicensedDevil
Mortal
posted 05 February 2003 05:16 PM EDT (US)     14 / 34       
i'm afaid you can do that with 2 triggers...

Trigger 1
Condtion: whatever causes the delay to start
Effect: Fire Event: Trigger 2

Trigger 2
Condition: Timer (The Delay)
Effect: whatever...

DarkKnight_
Mortal
posted 05 February 2003 05:48 PM EDT (US)     15 / 34       
I'd personally like to see a lot more unqiue scenario editor units.

DK
monroepq
Mortal
posted 06 February 2003 05:38 PM EDT (US)     16 / 34       
One more thing that is extremely useful: when making a new blank map, there should be a list that lets you select the default terrain.
kan_apo
Mortal
posted 06 February 2003 06:50 PM EDT (US)     17 / 34       
An animation editor wouldn't be bad either.
(I haven't tried Cheesy's one yet.Cheesy could you hand me a working link?)
monroepq
Mortal
posted 21 February 2003 04:30 PM EDT (US)     18 / 34       
Be able to make objects possesive, like the plenty vault or Osiris Piece Cart.

Be able to alter descriptions, like for heroes.

WilliamtheBloody
Mortal
posted 21 February 2003 07:50 PM EDT (US)     19 / 34       
Licensed Devil-Yeah, but what I want to do is to not have to rely on the timer at the top of the screen. I want to be able to have a cinematic at the END of a scenario (after all the fighting) and a delay would be a lot simpler. I might as well have an area of the screen where no one can get to and have a colossus walking back and forth. Than I could use the 'Unit in Area' condition to fire cinematic events. I have thought about your method before, but there should be a simpler way, methinks. The delay worked for EE.
The King of Cheese
Mortal
posted 21 February 2003 10:17 PM EDT (US)     20 / 34       
kan_apo: http://www.cheeseland.net/AnimEdit05Installer.zip

Thats the link to it, but I'm not sure if its what your looking for. This kind of anim editing is for attaching things to units, like giving dwarves gigantic clubs. At the moment there isn't a tool that lets you change where their hands move and such. Sorry

• >> LKS_Cheeselord >>
  • Proud member of LKS. Click here to join.
  • Member of Arcane Studios, DGDN, and LKSware
  • PROJECTS: Magic Rugs - Cheese Giant - Anim Editor
  • Fear the power of CHEESE!
  • CheeZy
    Mortal
    (id: CheeZy monkey)
    posted 22 February 2003 00:32 AM EDT (US)     21 / 34       
    I think the editor should be more freindly to research techs - like there should be a little menu where you can set what technologies the player would immediatly research on startup. Similar to disabled tech list menu where you just pick off techs you want to disable, but instead you pick off techs you want to research immediatly.

This isn't a hard thing i don't think. It could be worked into the syntax where it creates the same code as a "research tech" trigger when you select a tech to be researched. It could even be kicked up a notch where you could add timers to when a tech would be researched (and how many times).

Also, there should be a button (or key) that you press to rotate through a unit's different upgrades and art. So you could have a 1st age house and a 4rth age house for the same player, and it'll also save the hastle of having a player be in the 4rth age just to get 4rth age building art.

And for units you press something like Shift+C or something to rotate it's status as "Toxotes, Medium Toxotes, Champion Toxotes" etc.
    I don't think this would be that hard to do, unless you've totally rigged up the game where you can't have a Champion toxotes unless you've researched "champion Archers"

CheeZy ex-HG Angel
    WildFire Games - Artist, Lead Scenario Designer, Game Designer for 0 A.D.
    "But really, stop fighting and listen to CheeZy when he says use good grammar." - Phantom_rider.
    ----Stuff I've Made----
    Frank NL
    Mortal
    posted 22 February 2003 05:10 AM EDT (US)     22 / 34       
    I think I've found a bug:
    Triggers for different levels of Difficulty.

I've tried Condition
    Difficulty = 1
    > 1, >10 >50 ??

But non of them activates the trigger in playing Moderate or Hard.

Cant find another way.
    I don't think AoMdefaultAI.xs does handle diffculty differences. ?!

[This message has been edited by Frank NL (edited 02-22-2003 @ 05:11 AM).]

jonnycartooney
    Mortal
    posted 22 February 2003 07:53 AM EDT (US)     23 / 34       
    Going back to what Cheezy said,

Being able to place units in upgrade from, ex. Medium, Heavy, and Champion. That is something that is sorely needed. I needed that in many projects. That would be a very good tool added.

--:: Jo NnYCaR tOoNeY::--
    AomJunkie - Junkie Assistant
    ~ www.aomjunkie.com ~
    The lighter side of Aom

LicensedDevil
    Mortal
    posted 22 February 2003 07:53 AM EDT (US)     24 / 34       
    @monroe you can use the condition player own object to resolve an objective

Licensed Devil
    I'm here to kill your self belief
    -=[SCN Punk Network]=-
    -=[WebMaster]=-
    SCN Punk Empires Editor Guide (or here)
    Gibbons
    Mortal
    posted 22 February 2003 01:58 PM EDT (US)     25 / 34       
    I'd like to see the editor allow the user to select what race and playername that is used in the scenario. If I set up a scenario to use Zeus and name him FARKER, then everyone has to play "Zeus The Farker". Why not allow the user to select what races they want to play, AND what races the user wants to play against. This would add a LOT more variety to the scenario. For now, I have to create a different map and change the races if I want to play something else.
    « Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames