You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.12 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Possible idea scrap? Maybe so...
Bottom
Topic Subject:Possible idea scrap? Maybe so...
Admiral Tyler II
Mortal
posted 01 March 2003 10:41 PM EDT (US)         
I've just gone to learn about the LoTR-ahem, Legends of Middle-Earth mod, and I see that more units than I expected are being changed-all of them. So I'll continue working on my campaign(if anyone really cares ), but if and when the mod comes out, then I may restart with proper REAL heroes, such as Bilbo himself. Just a heads up!

And to any of the LoME modders, is it possible to make certain dwarf heroes(like Thorin and Balin)? If not, hows about a Name-change effect? Just a thought.

~The Grandest Admiral~
"Toss me."
"What?"
"I cannot jump the distance so you'll have to toss me. Ehh.. Donít tell the elf."
"Not a word."

~Still a Member of DFD Masters~
AuthorReplies:
jonnycartooney
Mortal
posted 01 March 2003 11:04 PM EDT (US)     1 / 12       
There is no way to change names. At least that I know of. It would have been cool though.

--:: Jo NnYCaR tOoNeY::--
AomJunkie - Junkie Assistant
~ www.aomjunkie.com ~
The lighter side of Aom

Admiral Tyler II
Mortal
posted 01 March 2003 11:15 PM EDT (US)     2 / 12       
Well if they have the programs to do an entire makeover(and make it look good), then I think they'd be able to make some new effects. If not, then they most definately will be changing names of units, seeings how there is no AoM name the same as a ME one.

And my brother found a way to change a unit's name. The downside is that it can only have a name of a different unit. For example, if you took Brokk and changed his ID number to that of Arkantos', Brokk's name would change to Arkantos. This would result in two Arkantos', and no Brokk.

~The Grandest Admiral~
"Toss me."
"What?"
"I cannot jump the distance so you'll have to toss me. Ehh.. Donít tell the elf."
"Not a word."

CheeZy
Mortal
(id: CheeZy monkey)
posted 01 March 2003 11:24 PM EDT (US)     3 / 12       
We're changing names, stats, everything.

And just a heads up, we're gonna be making LOTR campaigns as well, you might want to consider joined as a scenario designer (though we don't really need any unless they're really good)

CheeZy ex-HG Angel
WildFire Games - Artist, Lead Scenario Designer, Game Designer for 0 A.D.
"But really, stop fighting and listen to CheeZy when he says use good grammar." - Phantom_rider.
----Stuff I've Made----
Admiral Tyler II
Mortal
posted 01 March 2003 11:34 PM EDT (US)     4 / 12       
I'll join, if you want me to. I dunno though, I can't really speak for myself, but I think I'm good.

Or I could just do those few Hobbit scenarios that the other spoke of.

~The Grandest Admiral~
"Toss me."
"What?"
"Not a word."

Gagylpus
Mortal
posted 02 March 2003 00:40 AM EDT (US)     5 / 12       
If you d/l Vachu's Text Editor you can edit the names and such... (such as replacing everything with 'Oh no! The Evil Text Eater of Doom has come and eaten this text!' )
The program remembers the original text, so you can restore the default settings anytime.

Gagylpus
I don't have a signature. Signatures are for mortals. Or very insecure immortals like those freaking Greek gods.

[This message has been edited by Gagylpus (edited 03-02-2003 @ 00:40 AM).]

The_Avenger772
Mortal
posted 02 March 2003 02:15 AM EDT (US)     6 / 12       
Every single unit in the game is changed, as well as civs, god powers, myth units. Stats, models, names, etc.
bo shek mafia ma
Mortal
posted 02 March 2003 12:41 PM EDT (US)     7 / 12       
Thorin Okansheild and Smaug would be a good idea...

Presenting...
Lord Of the Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkien
The Saga reproduced exclusively for Age Of Mythology
Coming soon..in Fall 04

Admiral Tyler II
Mortal
posted 02 March 2003 06:17 PM EDT (US)     8 / 12       
I know that the mod completely replaces the game. I just wanna know which Heroes are gonna be included.

~The Grandest Admiral~
"Toss me."
"What?"
"Not a word."

The_Avenger772
Mortal
posted 03 March 2003 01:01 AM EDT (US)     9 / 12       
hmm.. Morgoth, Saruman, Ancalagon, Ešrendil, Legolas, FŽanor, Aragorn, Gimli, Legolas, Sauron, Galadriel, Boromir, Faramir, Helm Hammerhand....

a lot.

Admiral Tyler II
Mortal
posted 03 March 2003 08:13 PM EDT (US)     10 / 12       
Bilbo? Any other dwarves? Two Legolas'? Frodo? And hobbits for that matter? And what about Rohan Heroes? Gandalf(both colors)?

Ha, just teasing you about two Legolas'(check your reply)

~The Grandest Admiral~
"Toss me."
"What?"
"Not a word."

kinghades
Mortal
posted 04 March 2003 01:56 AM EDT (US)     11 / 12       
well you must remember they are mostly going to be changing ynit names stats and animations but I think they can only change units already found in the game. Is this right? If I am couldn't you trade one of the heros you talked about with froto.

I am a alien from the galaxy Draco. I was here to plant life 1 billion years ago. I have returned to survey this worlds life. To my dissipointment humans have grown to be a menace. You must me eaten to ensure other species survival. You've got 1 month, Sorry. I tried to make it four.
The_Avenger772
Mortal
posted 04 March 2003 03:24 AM EDT (US)     12 / 12       
We can completely twist the tech tree, but we decided not to. Of course, the units that replace them could be completely different.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames