You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » How do you get the CPU players to build more tc's
Bottom
Topic Subject:How do you get the CPU players to build more tc's
vaz130
Mortal
posted 06 March 2003 12:26 PM EDT (US)         
Hi,

I am fairly new to scenario design. I downloaded a map of the world which starts off on a small island with 3 villagers and a transport ship per player (6 players). When I played the scenario all the cpu players stayed where they were. There was no AI set up so I changed it to aomdefaultai. Still they didn't move.
I then moved them to the mainland and gave them a TC each and they start to play. They collect resources, build armies and fight as I hoped they would. However, I played it for the first time last night and after an hour and a half all the cpu players still had only 1 tc each. On this map there were loads of spare tc's. What gives ? Do I need to change some settings and am I using the correct AI.

I am hoping to use this scenario for a 3 human vs 3 cpu game this weekend, but the cpu needs to work.

Can anyone also tell me if there is a way to get them to work without having to take them off the starting island and set them up with a tc.

Many thanks.

AuthorReplies:
WilliamtheBloody
Mortal
posted 06 March 2003 12:42 PM EDT (US)     1 / 4       
I think it said somewhere that the settlements must be perfectly aligned with the grid. Open the scenario in the scenario editor and click on the 'view-gridlines'. I don't know if it works or not, as I haven't really tested it myself.

The path of the damned is to walk alone for all eternity
/IPhear the Phang!I\
IIII/.......................\IIII
IIII.........................IIII
\II.........................II/
\I
.........................I/
vaz130
Mortal
posted 06 March 2003 12:46 PM EDT (US)     2 / 4       
Oh man thats got to be a pain in the a$$. There's like 30 tcs so its going to be difficult to test them all. I'll check out their alignment and see what happens. Thanks for the quick reply.
LicensedDevil
Mortal
posted 06 March 2003 01:29 PM EDT (US)     3 / 4       
yeah, for the ai to recognise them they have to be in certain places...

Licensed Devil
I'm here to kill your self belief
-=[SCN Punk Network]=-
-=[WebMaster]=-
SCN Punk Empires Editor Guide (or here)
Zycat
Mortal
posted 06 March 2003 02:35 PM EDT (US)     4 / 4       
Just that doesn't solve your problem.
All migration-type maps are EVIL

But if you managed to align the TCs then maybe you can set the Vindlandsaga map overrides inside the A.I.

Might work, dunno. As I always said all migraton-type maps are EVIL to A.Is

ESO : Heero_Yuy / Tonto_Zycat
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames