Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Civilian
Bottom
Topic Subject:Civilian
Scan
Mortal
posted 09 March 2003 07:44 PM EDT (US)         
I have one question how to make a computer do their work, i mean like do lumber, mine gold, train troops. coz when i made a map and i tested it the comp villies just stand there and doing nothin.

I tried to make an AI from the Players Data, but it doesn't work. Can someone xplain to me how to make comp to do their "job" and how to set their diffilcuties.

Thx

AuthorReplies:
dudeonfire
Mortal
posted 09 March 2003 07:56 PM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
yeah i had some trouble there too, just upload the default, its the only one that works
jonnycartooney
Mortal
posted 09 March 2003 07:59 PM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
The others work,

They just have a special scenario made for them.

--:: Jo NnYCaR tOoNeY::--
AomJunkie - Junkie Assistant
~ www.aomjunkie.com ~
The lighter side of Aom

Scan
Mortal
posted 10 March 2003 08:58 PM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
Whaddya mean with "just upload the default" ? i dont get it ?
And yesterday i made another test map, and the villies are working (finally);They made troops BUT (well here comes a new problem) they never attack, Hmmm where do i'm wrong ? i still dont get it.

It's making me nuts.. i've made a nice (well let's say nice) map, but when i played it, the comp villies just stand there and doing nothin.

Anyone knows how to fix it ?

Scan

CheeZy
Mortal
(id: CheeZy monkey)
posted 10 March 2003 09:21 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
What don't you get? you have to asign the computer an Artificial Intelligence. Go to player setup, click where it says AI and give the computer player an AI. By default there is no AI so units don't do anything.

CheeZy ex-HG Angel
WildFire Games - Artist, Lead Scenario Designer, Game Designer for 0 A.D.
"But really, stop fighting and listen to CheeZy when he says use good grammar." - Phantom_rider.
----Stuff I've Made----
Scan
Mortal
posted 12 March 2003 09:21 PM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
OK, Nuff for this s*** These map editor thingy is making my nuts. i spend hours to make 'beautifull map' but the end result is.... the foes(computer,CPU,Enemies,or whatever you say) They just 'enjoy' my 'beautidull' map and looks like they're kinda 'hipnotized' by my map, i mean they just stand there, turn around doing NOTHIN. They didn't even MOVE, can you imagine that ?

My point is, Anyone could help me to make at least the foes, move gathering resource, attack periodically. Btw, I've changed the AI of the enemies on player data to default (just like dudeonfire and CheeZy monkey said, is it correct when i clicked on AI button on player data, there will be a sort of lists there, and i clicked on default.scn(if that spelling correct) and click open rite ? )

if what i did above are correct, the next thing that will happen are, either the foes gather reasource and making a units but never attack Or they did the same as above but they attack (Which i want this kind of enemies AI) Or the worst are, like I Xplain before on first paragraph.
The thing is they're not consitent. they always change their type (to be one of the three types that i mentioned)

So once again, if someone knows how to make the AI Works( what i mean with 'works' are, they gather resource and attack periodically). I dont care if i should make a trigger to make that kind of AI.

Any Reply would be really appreciate.

Scan

[This message has been edited by Scan (edited 03-12-2003 @ 09:26 PM).]

DarkKnight_
Mortal
(id: PW_DarkKnight)
posted 12 March 2003 09:28 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7       

Quote:

and click open rite

I think you need to double click, not hit open.

DK
Scan
Mortal
posted 13 March 2003 11:57 PM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
Just wondering with the trigger, to make a computer gather resource and attack, what should i change in the AI Function

and one more question, hot to make a trigger that let's say player 4(Foes) every 15 minutes, create a (spesific unit), and move to attack to spesific region

Anyone knows how ?

Scan

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames