Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Tower Defense
Bottom
Topic Subject:Tower Defense
Yannos
Mortal
posted 11 March 2003 06:20 PM EDT (US)         
I'm pretty sure most people here have heard of a Tower Defense game (TD), especially those who play Warcraft .
Do you guys think it's possible to translate it into AoM and actually have a fun Scenario? I have made several attemps to recreate that scenario and although they are pretty fun to play they are not quite the same as those of WC3 (mainly because you cannot edit stats,...)
AuthorReplies:
jonnycartooney
Mortal
posted 11 March 2003 06:34 PM EDT (US)     1 / 8       
I haven't played Tower Defense,

But, if your towers needs to upgrade, then you can use the "set tech status" trigger, to upgrade them. There is a couple of diferent towers. I think Norse is the weakest, and Egyptian is the strongest. Never seen Tower Defense, but it sounds like this is what you might be looking for.

Did I misunderstand?

--:: Jo NnYCaR tOoNeY::--
AomJunkie - Junkie Assistant
~ www.aomjunkie.com ~
The lighter side of Aom

SasquatchHunter
Mortal
posted 12 March 2003 03:55 AM EDT (US)     2 / 8       
Tower defence would be so cool! But how would you do it? what would be the upgrades?
Watch, keep, ballista, hill fort, Armoury upsgrades, Jormund elver, Kraken. What others?
jonnycartooney
Mortal
posted 12 March 2003 06:45 AM EDT (US)     3 / 8       

• Sentry Tower
  • Watch Tower [Norse]
  • Watch Tower [Greek]
  • Watch Tower [Egyptian]
  • Guard Tower
  • Ballista Tower

--:: Jo NnYCaR tOoNeY::--
    AomJunkie - Junkie Assistant
    ~ www.aomjunkie.com ~
    The lighter side of Aom

• Yannos
    Mortal
    posted 12 March 2003 07:24 AM EDT (US)     4 / 8       
    Well, I can up the hp of a few villies(Thanks to EO)
    so they can build, and for every few waves you survive you get resources to build more towers or to do some upgrades (No kill counter really sucks). Instead of researching techs, i think it's best to buy them using a secluded "Buyer" villager.

The only thing i'm still trying out is to make the enemy attack your towers if they get blocked...anyone have a good idea?

[This message has been edited by Yannos (edited 03-12-2003 @ 07:28 AM).]

SasquatchHunter
    Mortal
    posted 13 March 2003 05:27 AM EDT (US)     5 / 8       
    What do you mean by blocked? is it if the monsters all clump up?

By the way, make it like "snow maze" from WC3. That was the best tower defence map i played.

One problem is that you can't upgrade melee unit range. This means there are no super powerful units to build. Only the Kraken would have the best chance as the UBER unit at the end. By the way, i think it would be good if you used "snow maze" from WC3 as a base of AoM TD. That was the best tower defence map i played.

Also, how would a vill walk across the critter path?

Yannos
    Mortal
    posted 13 March 2003 11:40 AM EDT (US)     6 / 8       
    Never looked at the Snow Maze and i stopped playing warcraft, so what's so special about it? And yes, i mean when they cant get to the end of the course because the player blocks them with towers or walls.
    Also because you cannot make an über killer without editing stats, i've decided less resources to make towers but i've allowed walls so you can still make a maze but you need to place your towers mor strategically

[This message has been edited by Yannos (edited 03-13-2003 @ 11:41 AM).]

SasquatchHunter
    Mortal
    posted 14 March 2003 01:03 AM EDT (US)     7 / 8       
    There are two different TD type games.

1) there is the One where you are free to roam the entire map by foot, and the monsters follow a set line. You can get in the way in that one. For each monster past, a you lose a life

2) (snow maze type) My favourite type, the monsters walk through a canyon type path (very small, can only fit maybe 2-3 monsters across) and you build towers and ranged melee units along the edge of the canyons, and same with the 1st, each monster through = 1 lost life.

I prefer the 2nd one. Which one are you thinking about?

I didn't understand the blockage because in snowmaze, you can't build on the monsters path.

Also remember to add heroes, as special units.

Yannos
    Mortal
    posted 14 March 2003 11:00 AM EDT (US)     8 / 8       
    I was thinkinh something in the Line of Blixels, but yea, perhaps the snow maze one is better
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames